Account Security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dazedphish #1 Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10229 battles

So I wanna know how to secure an account. If I have been hacked, I will clean the PC and all I know .. But change the Password, E-Mail and Add Phone number and it's secure.. ? 

Like etc if a friend would quit and he told me I would be able to play on it. Does it help to change email, pass and add phone number and he would not be able to hack it back? 

Dazedphish #2 Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10229 battles
Bumps

PizzaMatii #3 Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6295 battles

So you want to buy an account from ebay and you want to know if that guy can trick you ?  :trollface:

Well, if he wants that hard  i think he can  because  i remember some time ago i saw a topic in General  Discussion.

Basically you can  change password, add phone number, after 14 days since you added the email you can changed the email. 

But he can still recover his account if he submit a ticket to support :  https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/434

Probably he knows the details like city, ISP, IP,  old email, old phone,  old nicknames (if nickname was changed a few times), probably he has some bills for gold / tanks purchase   and other details.

Include the following information:

• Name of the Internet Service Provider at the time of Account creation.  
  • City and Country of registration.
  • Phone number bound to the account. When applicable.
  • Proof of payment* (Bank Account/Paypal logs/ Online phone record, etc.) related to purchases performed on your account. When applicable.
  • When was the last time you were online and everything was OK?
  • What is missing?
  • New Email to repace the current one. When applicable.

*To avoid unauthorised access, we need to confirm the request as legitimate.

Hope this helps you.  

Stay safe.

Edited by PizzaMatii, 10 December 2016 - 10:55 AM.

Dazedphish #4 Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10229 battles

View PostPizzaMatii, on 10 December 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

So you want to buy an account from ebay and you want to know if that guy can trick you ?  :trollface:

Well, if he wants that hard  i think he can  because  i remember some time ago i saw a topic in General  Discussion.

Basically you can  change password, add phone number, after 14 days since you added the email you can changed the email. 

But he can still recover his account if he submit a ticket to support :  https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/434

Probably he knows the details like city, ISP, IP,  old email, old phone,  old nicknames (if nickname was changed a few times), probably he has some bills for gold / tanks purchase   and other details.

Include the following information:

• Name of the Internet Service Provider at the time of Account creation.  
  • City and Country of registration.
  • Phone number bound to the account. When applicable.
  • Proof of payment* (Bank Account/Paypal logs/ Online phone record, etc.) related to purchases performed on your account. When applicable.
  • When was the last time you were online and everything was OK?
  • What is missing?
  • New Email to repace the current one. When applicable.

*To avoid unauthorised access, we need to confirm the request as legitimate.

Hope this helps you.  

Stay safe.

Don't really want to buy an account from Ebay xD But okaay then I understand. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users