Should I buy M56 Scorpion? (Advent Calendar)

advent calendar Scorpion m56

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

del541944330 #1 Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 218 battles

Hey, M56 Scorpion looks quite good tank, but what turns me off is slow turret turning speed.

It would be nice to have american TD premium tank since i don't have one.

Also I don't want to miss other american tier 7-8 premium medium or light tank in Advent calendar, but I won't spend money for 2 tanks I have only for 1 tank.

How do you think will there be any more american medium, light premium tanks in Advent calendar? Thanks!

Allegon #2 Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22728 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Should I buy M56 Scorpion?

no

Edited by Allegon, 12 December 2016 - 11:53 AM.

Hexen #3 Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24151 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA
Wait for the scorpion g

Marlekin #4 Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:59 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33437 battles

Hey m8,

I usually wouldnt recommend a high tier premium to a player with such few battles as you, but you seem to be doing exceptionally well in the game. According to this, the tier 8 M41 GF light tank should be sold on the 22nd of this month. So far this list has been correct. You'll note there are some gaps in there, alot of players are hoping for the T92 light tank to be on sale during this event. However, that might just be players getting their hope's up over nothing. We will see.

If you're interested in the Scorpion, keep in mind that its turret only traverses 30 degrees to the left and right. While thats still vastly more freedom than most TD's, its not really a turret either. This TD can be really flexible as it can poke ridgelines, and even flank in ELC-like fashion. Without the handbrake turns, of course. The Scorp can also excel as a stealthy shooter. Despite this flexibility and tricks, the Scorp is still a very vulnerable and fragile vehicle. The complete lack of armor and modules being packed so tight together in a small vehicle can be extremely unforgiving. So while its perfectly possible to have a good match using a Scorp, things can go really wrong really fast, and very easily. Some players love the Scorp, others absolutely hate it. If you're more into light tanks, I'd pick that instead. 

pipik_roman #5 Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17960 battles
  • [2SH] 2SH

This is just my personal opinion so nothing is sure. You seem like exclusive american player.

In leaked calendar there are 6 spots unknown. One of them will be probably Krupp-Steyr WT, one  will probably be 99€ Offer  with Pz2J/BT-SV. Also I expect some low tiers like last year Light VIC + LTP. Other known offers are not american.

So no much space left for other american tanks. 

If you are sure you want to play Scorpion then buy it, but you could also wait and if nothing shows up buy Super Persing (but it plays like heavy) when it will be discounted (Probably during christmas).

Also tagged with advent, calendar, Scorpion, m56

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users