[ NUTS 2016 Bastogne ]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

georges1991 #1 Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7567 battles
  • [M_R_A] M_R_A

As every year in December, Bastogne revisits to the rhythm of the winter 44-45 ... I bring you a few photos and a short video of this day at the Bastogne Barracks. And it was possible in the center of the city Bastogne to meet the actors of the series Band Of Brothers who were there for a special evening for those who had to buy their seats to attend a special meeting.

A Sherman 105mm, less common.

The restoration of the Stug is complete...

...And the Hetzer has started !

The other three Sherman at the hangar, bringing a total of five Shermans in the collection.

The two big beasts made in Russia, always nice to see rolling !

I took advantage of this day to finish by going to supper in a restaurant in La Roche-en-Ardenne. And so impossible to miss taking a look at the Sherman and M10 Wolverine that are on display in town. Amateur of tank and / or history, the Belgian Ardennes are rich in tank and canon exposed in "flower pot" on squares or roundabout. What makes this splendid area a great place to go for a drive between the various villages rich in history and not lacking in charms.

For more pictures and information about the museum Bastogne Barracks I invite you to have a look on their Facebook page!

:popcorn:

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #2 Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

Back in the 70's and early 80's, when my grandfather was still alive, we used to have our summerholidays in Switserland.

Our trip (with caravan/mobile home) went by Bastogne. It was the right place to have our first brake (usually lunchtime).

I would be screaming "TANK!" every few kilometers.... going thorugh the area.

Thanks for the pictures!

Edited by Spek_en_Bonen, 14 December 2016 - 10:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users