Comon Courtesy, Rudeness, & Game Structure

courtesy rudeness game structure experienced new comers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Nrrillinthas #1 Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4400 battles

I have been playing WoT for a few months now and I play a lot, 2,500+ games (new player compared to many). I think the developers have done a great job developing this game, considering the technical details and difficulty in programming. I am an industrial controls engineer and develop automated control systems and graphical user interfaces for a living. I am a mediocre player and I have been getting better as time passes. I have a mix of heavy, medium, light, SPG´s, tank destroyers, and I switch between them and upgrade them fairly often.

I have been bashed at times by players who think they are better than everyone else. I sometimes get negative comments. Last night I was having a bad night and two players told me to delete the game because they thought I was horrible, one called me a BOT, and I´m not sure what he meant by that. I am not horrible, I have good battles and bad battles, like everyone, and I am getting better all the time. I have some fantastic battles where I get a lot of kills, survive the battle, and/or capture the base, and some battles where I am hunted down or surrounded by higher tiers and blown to smitherines at the beginning of the battle. Considering the number and variety of players, vehicles available, technical details, and options for each, it is a challenging game to play for sure.

But none of these game scenarios are real life even though they have done a great job creating the game. In WWII there were never two sides with teams of 15 somewhat balanced 3 tiers of tanks or tanks from different time periods starting at the same time from the same place charging into a limited geographical area to wipe each other out or capture the others base. This is the basic WoT game play, it is a game with players of all ages, sex, race, and nationalities.

A rude player may be telling a young boy he is a noob, a horrible player, or worse, and he is just a young boy playing a game that he enjoys. Or a rude player may be calling someone with a legitimate handicap a "retard". A person who someone may think "dosen´t get it" or you think is a "noob", or you think is a "horrible player" may infact be new, a child, or someone who is handicapped with a physical or mental limitation. This is a game that is open to everyone, not just "experts" who think they are better than everyone else, or war vets who perhaps drove tanks in real battles.

My point is, players should not judge others, or expect them to play how they think they should play, and should certainly not send or post negative comments to people they know nothing about. People have no idea who other players are, their age, race, sex, or mental or physical abilities. But everyone is playing to have fun and experience the thrill of combat with these great tank models in well modeled environments. Have a positive attitude, enjoy your game play, enjoy collaboration with other players you click with, and have empathy and compassion for those who are new, learning, or have a legitimate reason why they may have their own style of play. 

I sometimes see a player bash into a player who is not moving or appears to be camping, repeatedly clicking on them in the mini map, or posting comments about them thinking they are not playing well when perhaps they had a family interruption, had to go to the bathroom, their computer locked up, or the game has crashed on them and they are trying to reinitialize and get back in. Perhaps they are just sitting back to scope out the battle before they take their own course of action. We all have the freedom to play our own way. Certainly you want to help your team win, but everyone´s interpretation of what is required to acheive that goal is different. Some are more independent and wish to play their own game, and there is nothing wrong with that either. Causing damage to other team mates is the only thing that is absolutely wrong.

Think positive! Be supportive! Don´t be angry with others if the team is loosing! If every team won or if no players ever got blown up the game would not exist! It is the variety and diversity of players that makes the game so great!

Edited by Nrrillinthas, 15 December 2016 - 02:26 PM.

Xino9922 #2 Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16016 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Spoiler

For one of the only forums with common courtesy, head to the elite dangerous forums... but unless you're really into virtual milky way, you'll find them boring as feck. 

Otherwise, apply picture above, and grow thicker skin. People will be arseholses on the internet because they can be arseholes with relative little risk to themselves.

Nrrillinthas #3 Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4400 battles
Hello Xino, thanks for your comment. As I said, I ignore them mostly, report them, or if they are really arsholes then there are creative ways to trip them up later in the battle. One guy who went out of his way to be an ars to several players got pushed out from behind his cover and blown to smithereens. Unfortunate that this has to happen, but what goes around comes around sometimes ; )

Edited by Nrrillinthas, 06 January 2017 - 04:32 PM.

Strappster #4 Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNrrillinthas, on 06 January 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Hello Xino, thanks for your comment. As I said, I ignore them mostly, report them, or if they are really arsholes then there are creative ways to trip them up later in the battle. One guy who went out of his way to be an ars to several players got pushed out from behind his cover and blown to smithereens. Unfortunate that this has to happen, but what goes around comes around sometimes ; )

Do you think some of those players might be calling you names because you're pushing team mates out of cover?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users