Jump to content


15% Off All World Of Tanks Italeri Model Kits


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 21,236
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Christmas is a time for giving, so we're offering you 15% off the entire World of Tanks Italeri Model Kit range.

Full news text

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12089 battles
  • 746
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Really need to get back in to doing these again, i miss doing models

justintime4t #3 Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:45 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21438 battles
  • 376
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012
so these don't come with special tank codes anymore?

ammarmar #4 Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31028 battles
  • 2,859
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 16 December 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Really need to get back in to doing these again, i miss doing models

 

I have this thought every second day. I look at my display of post-war US jets and... get back to computer...

McMaster102 #5 Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12046 battles
  • 28
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012
These are just some old italeri kits repacked.You can get the same kits for 50% less if you buy them without the WoT codes inside.But if you're looking to get a decent kit don't buy these in the first place.There are better manufacturers out there...

GetFoched #6 Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:36 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15909 battles
  • 226
  • [A7X] A7X
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

View PostMcMaster102, on 16 December 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

These are just some old italeri kits repacked.You can get the same kits for 50% less if you buy them without the WoT codes inside.But if you're looking to get a decent kit don't buy these in the first place.There are better manufacturers out there...

 

Hi McMaster102, what you say is not actually true. I have visited the Italeri industry and I had the chance to build almost all of the Italeri Kits. There is one important detail that's printed on the boxes which says: "Improved molds" or "New molds".

So, despite the kit and the tanks being apparently the same, the way they have been made was improved.

You might find amusing my video (which I'm not going to directly link otherwhise I would be spamming) called : "How model kits are made: visit the Italeri Industries"

Regarding the fact that those kits are not good, it's just an old mith, and it's busted too: Italeri has improved themselves over time and now their quality in higher than normal average. 

Hope I've answered to all your questions and cleared your doubts regarding Italeri kits. :)



McMaster102 #7 Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12046 battles
  • 28
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostGetFoched, on 17 December 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

 

Hi McMaster102, what you say is not actually true. I have visited the Italeri industry and I had the chance to build almost all of the Italeri Kits. There is one important detail that's printed on the boxes which says: "Improved molds" or "New molds".

So, despite the kit and the tanks being apparently the same, the way they have been made was improved.

You might find amusing my video (which I'm not going to directly link otherwhise I would be spamming) called : "How model kits are made: visit the Italeri Industries"

Regarding the fact that those kits are not good, it's just an old mith, and it's busted too: Italeri has improved themselves over time and now their quality in higher than normal average. 

Hope I've answered to all your questions and cleared your doubts regarding Italeri kits. :)

 

I watch your videos,and they are truly great.But once you start building Trumpeter,RyeField,Dragon,Takom and so on you will see that the Italeri kits don't even get anywhere close to the amout of detail and precision. :)



DeutschePanzer_fan_ #8 Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:54 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 54202 battles
  • 130
  • Member since:
    11-07-2012

View PostMcMaster102, on 17 December 2016 - 10:37 AM, said:

 

I watch your videos,and they are truly great.But once you start building Trumpeter,RyeField,Dragon,Takom and so on you will see that the Italeri kits don't even get anywhere close to the amout of detail and precision. :)

Italieri is definetely  a second hand company compared with Dragon,Tamiya,Hasegawa,Revell,etc.



Bigzetas #9 Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14382 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012

View PostDeutschePanzer_LOWE_r, on 18 December 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

Italieri is definetely  a second hand company compared with Dragon,Tamiya,Hasegawa,Revell,etc.

 

You are Spot On! I've have a few italeri models and building them was something terrible. Dragon, Revell, Tamiya, Trumpeter, Hasegawa.... Hell even some of the new Zvezda 1/48 aircraft kits are state of the art. Now THOSE are just pure pleasure to build and paint.

McMaster102 #10 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:12 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12046 battles
  • 28
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostBigzetas, on 19 December 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

 

You are Spot On! I've have a few italeri models and building them was something terrible. Dragon, Revell, Tamiya, Trumpeter, Hasegawa.... Hell even some of the new Zvezda 1/48 aircraft kits are state of the art. Now THOSE are just pure pleasure to build and paint.

 

Zvezda has come a long way,I recently finished their new 1/35 Panther D and HOLY SH*T,the kit was amazing.Not tamiya or dragon kind of amazing but for the price I doubt you can find better.

Alabamatick #11 Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:39 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 2,712
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
With my eyesight, i only make 1:32 scale, even then some of the fiddly bits are to small




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users