Jump to content


Community Spotlight: Update 9.17


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,672
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Update 9.17 brings two entirely new and different tank lines to the game, check out what our community contributors think of them!

Full news text

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 16139 battles
  • 2,060
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
I enjoy watching those guys and learning the game more :)

MC_Gravity_SISA4EVER #3 Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23260 battles
  • 285
  • [L_S_G] L_S_G
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

 what community contributors think of them ??

same as  whole player base

Op as f$%#

First 2-3 months :p



bodry123 #4 Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18556 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-11-2013
The TDs are sure as hell not OP, at least up to tier 7. Anyone has experince with the higher TDs? Are they any good?

Edited by bodry123, 19 December 2016 - 12:35 PM.


tripplea #5 Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 67109 battles
  • 60
  • [HBOA] HBOA
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012
the t8 TD is crap, because they stopped the overmatching you don't bounce any shots,if you are in the TD mode you cant peek and shoot as you move too slowly so you have to take any incoming shots or you don't use the TD mode ,try to peek and shoot but the accuracy is so crap like that you miss but can run before getting hit as reverse speed is good, so you are buggered either way

Kurat666 #6 Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29361 battles
  • 282
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View Posttripplea, on 19 December 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

the t8 TD is crap, because they stopped the overmatching you don't bounce any shots,if you are in the TD mode you cant peek and shoot as you move too slowly so you have to take any incoming shots or you don't use the TD mode ,try to peek and shoot but the accuracy is so crap like that you miss but can run before getting hit as reverse speed is good, so you are buggered either way

 

I disagree. Tier 8 is good. You just have to learn, that they dont play like other turretles TD-s. I agree that its armor is weak, but you need to expose yourself as little as possible - that is where its suspension comes handy.

Cyclonite_ #7 Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 26366 battles
  • 87
  • Member since:
    12-22-2014
Tier 7-10 in Swedish td are terrible, don't go near them. Orzanol is up to tier 9 and was asked in his stream if they are worth doing and he said no they are "terrible", keep well away. I'm on tier 8 and won't be playing them anymore. Never has any tank been so frustratingly bad after only a few games.

Edited by 2f45ls6, 19 December 2016 - 02:45 PM.


HagmanCM #8 Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2080 battles
  • 32
  • Member since:
    10-19-2016

Giving them away is a good idea, who would bother with them otherwise?

The TD line is terrible, really, really bad. Only at t5 so far but will be free exping to get to the (supposedly) better ones.

 

The hybrid line is not so actively awful but is definitely unremarkable and it seems the incentive to follow that line, The Kranvagn (does it come in beech or light oak?), has apparently been, or will be, nerfed. I'm unlikely to bother going further.

 

Why introduce such an underwhelming line of junk? I'm sure a huge amount of work went into producing the Swedish line but perhaps would have been time better spent either sorting out the map rotation (seen Paris about 6 time in over 500 games) or better still giving us some new maps that allow a variety of gameplay.


Edited by HagmanCM, 19 December 2016 - 05:26 PM.


SHOCK210 #9 Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16458 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    10-02-2014
QuickyBaby does much better videos then those two, has both trees covered with each tank analyzed+t10s gameplay, tho he did them before the nerfs so maybe that is why WG didnt include those videos. I am starting to think that WG doesnt like QB, the Arsenalen as an example. http://www.youtube.com/QuickyBabyTV

Edited by SHOCK210, 19 December 2016 - 07:15 PM.


TheRevolter #10 Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6618 battles
  • 36
  • [KOWAR] KOWAR
  • Member since:
    07-07-2016

View PostSHOCK210, on 19 December 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

QuickyBaby does much better videos then those two, has both trees covered with each tank analyzed+t10s gameplay, tho he did them before the nerfs so maybe that is why WG didnt include those videos. I am starting to think that WG doesnt like QB, the Arsenalen as an example. http://www.youtube.com/QuickyBabyTV

 

This is my opinion, dez is more enjoyable to watch and circon is a better player. And QB 10-15 min reading wotlabs stats truly isnt attractive.

Edited by TheRevolter, 19 December 2016 - 08:03 PM.


_HakunaMatata_ #11 Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 57664 battles
  • 222
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

WG, all what this games needs is to be cheat free. At this point, XVM is a cheat that you guys allow to exist. Why should enemy players see my stats and based on my stats, they attack me and destroy my tank or TD? We all speak about we all should be treated the same. Well HELL NO. XVM does not treat all players as same. It pin points for who you are and that's what kills me.

 

 

Remove the freaking XVM and tier 8 premium tanks that are weak should not be in tier 10 at all.



Kirw8maxPL #12 Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 94 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    09-18-2016
1482180285391.jpgNOT ENOUGH REPORTS.I NEED EVERHY BATTLE 1-10 REPORTS.DO SOMETHING WG.TEAM KILLERS EVERHYBATTLE.AND BOTS

lucky_no9 #13 Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4983 battles
  • 37
  • [3-FOI] 3-FOI
  • Member since:
    03-09-2013
Xvm is make this game unique, ask quicky baby

Vasilacky #14 Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29502 battles
  • 37
  • [1821] 1821
  • Member since:
    10-06-2011

Wg limits his own potential by himself. Map restrictions must be lifted. Don't get me wrong I always support protection for the newbies. They should be separated from the seal clubbers. And it can be done with mny ways... For instance, you can make a new mode where there is no map, platoon restrictions etc. and only players with 1k+ (or 3k+ , 5k+ etc) battle count can join. Lets call it Hardcore Mode , its rewards should be a bit higher than the random battles like 25% more. That way we can use the low tier tanks and that mode could bring more fun to the game. Therefore low tier battles will not be boring and low tier tanks will not be wasted by being not played.

Hope you can see the point.

Regards

Bill


Edited by Vasilacky, 20 December 2016 - 09:44 AM.


Ober__ #15 Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 52218 battles
  • 746
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014
when will be discount for IX-X tier tanks?

trrprrprr #16 Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23634 battles
  • 320
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
Im now at tier 6TD line and tier 6 in meds/heavys. TDs are a huge disappointment, they are inaccurate/no armor/very low viewrange for high aim/low acc/no armor TD they have no advantage. tier 3-5 are shotguns with very low accuracy where only random RNGesus shell with hit, otherwise you have to move very close to do any damage and get 1shotted by amost every other tank of same tiers. On other hand, i love strv 74, its a great performing med tank...ignoring my 34wr in 15 battles(all hail siemkas) its very accurate piece of tank and i do hope whole line will be as enjoyable as this med is. But then again, knowing how every other line is - where up to tier 5-6 you feel op and after that all your "upgrades" are more of a downgrades. All in all, ill try to get to siege mode TDs as it will make gameplay somehow different, but still you havnt fixed MM. Now even worse with all new tanks... How many times you face 3x kv1s on one side and other has 3x tier 5 swe TDs. One side gets 5x E25, other side gets 5x tier 7 heavys.  So your "fix" aint working at all.

nobodyCRO #17 Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:49 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 40073 battles
  • 3
  • [SP_SQ] SP_SQ
  • Member since:
    08-16-2016

Igri kada bi trebao dati ocjenu od 1-10 dao bih 2.Jer ovo nema veze sa igranjem.Puno puta baca 2Tiera vise gdje nemas skoro nikakve sanse,nema drazi ni napetosti bitno je samo za win8 napravit sto vise stete.Ovo je ziva katastrofa dali ce se to promjeniti sa sljedecom zakrpom.Druga stvar auto loderi su totalno smjesni. Kada se nadu is7 i t57heyi koliko sanse ima is7,nema uopsce sanse znaci sta ce tui opce drugi tenk.

 



xBQx #18 Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:53 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 28503 battles
  • 38
  • [APACH] APACH
  • Member since:
    04-08-2012

View PostnobodyCRO, on 20 December 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Igri kada bi trebao dati ocjenu od 1-10 dao bih 2.Jer ovo nema veze sa igranjem.Puno puta baca 2Tiera vise gdje nemas skoro nikakve sanse,nema drazi ni napetosti bitno je samo za win8 napravit sto vise stete.Ovo je ziva katastrofa dali ce se to promjeniti sa sljedecom zakrpom.Druga stvar auto loderi su totalno smjesni. Kada se nadu is7 i t57heyi koliko sanse ima is7,nema uopsce sanse znaci sta ce tui opce drugi tenk.

 

 

sorry for croatian folks , just quick answer to this :D

 

- pregledao sam ti malo statove, igraš uglavnom HT-ove, is7 ti je top tier X tank, jedan od boljih tenkova u igri, sigurno može pojest t57 ako se pravilno odigra. Brzi savjet bi bio, previše gineš preživio si manje od 20% bitki sa overall skorom ispod prosjecnog igraca, dakle moraš naučit kako pravilno postavit (nakrivit) tenk, kako skrit prednji dio tenka gdje je frontalno najslabiji, te igrati malo defenzivnije, jer previše dmg-a primaš a malo radiš, dakle igraš preagresivno. nadam se da će ti pomoći te pregledaj koji video na yt o tome, LP :)


Edited by xBQx, 21 December 2016 - 11:54 AM.


Dadford #19 Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10868 battles
  • 243
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View PostxBQx, on 21 December 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

 

sorry for croatian folks , just quick answer to this :D

 

- pregledao sam ti malo statove, igraš uglavnom HT-ove, is7 ti je top tier X tank, jedan od boljih tenkova u igri, sigurno može pojest t57 ako se pravilno odigra. Brzi savjet bi bio, previše gineš preživio si manje od 20% bitki sa overall skorom ispod prosjecnog igraca, dakle moraš naučit kako pravilno postavit (nakrivit) tenk, kako skrit prednji dio tenka gdje je frontalno najslabiji, te igrati malo defenzivnije, jer previše dmg-a primaš a malo radiš, dakle igraš preagresivno. nadam se da će ti pomoći te pregledaj koji video na yt o tome, LP :)

 

is that what it is, no wonder my Star Trek translator didn't help.

 



makma #20 Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11836 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    07-30-2011
This is normal ? Tank on hill:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users