WoT 9.17 Micro FPS Lags

CPU GPU FPS lags Micro FPS lags 9 17 9.17 patch new patch Game Lags 9.17 Ping problems WoT 9.17 FPS micro lags

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Noo_Noo #21 Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles
Same. Had a bad day with it yesterday. Simply losing control all together and tank jumps froward to wherever it drifted off too. 

Fell off a cliff as a result of one such issue, missed plenty of shots and questionable viewing mechanics as the game became really jumpy. 

Edited by Noo_Noo, 05 January 2017 - 11:02 AM.

rusalca #22 Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14283 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 January 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

What video card and driver version?

AMD Radeon R7 370,  driver 16.12.1

Evil_Paprika_Blajnd #23 Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11969 battles
  • [-AFI-] -AFI-
To everybody reading this topic i just did the integrity check in the wot louncher and it seemd to fixed itself probably some texture not loading properly or something i dont really know, try that it might work for somebody i really dont know i wish everybody finds a solution i broke down finding one. And Somebody sugested running the game in directx9 (i have no idea what to do)  good luck :)

RamRaid90 #24 Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26236 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Best solution is always a fresh install. I do it after so many micro patches as WG screw around with the game files that much it seems to mess everything up.

If their programmers and developers are as good as their CS team...well the rest speaks for itself.

lostlock #25 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 54765 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

View PostEvil_Paprika_Blajnd, on 20 December 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

Hi Forum

Long Story Short 

In 9.16 i didnt have 1 single issue with the game everything ran like butter

In 9.17 since it was released on the first few days i had terrible ping issues, ping issues are getting better now  but i have the problem that i have micro FPS lags on start of the game and sometimes during the game for like 5 seconds (FPS goes from 113 to 50 and goes back) its really anoying. Its Not Hardware related cuz playing Games like Witcher 3, GTA 5 and other new titels i have no problems ath all.

Temperatures from CPU and GPU are normal.

GPU drivers up to date.

My Specs 

I5 3570k 

GTX 960 Strix 

16 GB RAM 

Does Anybody Have the same problems? and any ideas ? 

Hi evil...

I have sameproblem!!

When i start to play everuthign is going fine after alf hour(more or less) i had fps dropping down and micro lag everything looks like slowmotion...

Only way to fix it i have to reset game.

I'm thinking is a problem of our gtx 960 strix  or nvidia drivers.

Temperature are quite ok not even up to 60° after lon gtime playing ,pc inside always clean ...

Anyone can help us? 

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #26 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

View PostEvil_Paprika_Blajnd, on 21 December 2016 - 12:42 AM, said:

Hi Forum

Long Story Short 

In 9.17 since it was released on the first few days i had terrible ping issues, ping issues are getting better now  but i have the problem that i have micro FPS lags on start of the game and sometimes during the game for like 5 seconds (FPS goes from 113 to 50 and goes back) its really anoying. Its Not Hardware related cuz playing Games like Witcher 3, GTA 5 and other new titels i have no problems ath all.

GPU drivers up to date.

My Specs 

I5 3570k 

GTX 960 Strix 

16 GB RAM 

I have the same issue like you mate i was before this last update the game was working fine but since this update i got alot of FPS drops and after 3 or 4 hours of gameplay the game use more and more of my memory ram till i got an error when i go back to garage saying not enough memory try to restart the game

so wierd

i talked to WG support before they give me some instructions to do but no results

SuperOlsson #27 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24028 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostBP_OMowe, on 25 December 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

I notice that the game since the update is complaining about being out of memory far more frequent than before, sometimes as soon as after 5-10 battles.

Try turning down texture quality and foliage density, turn off grass in sniper mode in graphics options. If you still run out of memory there are mods with further compressed textures that should help.

Shankay #28 Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25188 battles

Same problem here.

Playing on Asus ROG G752VT and all drivers up to date.

Patch 9.16 i had like 100-105 fps.

Patch 9.17 i have 75 (capminovka) fps max down to 25-30 on siegfriedline and magic forest(after 1-2 minutes it gets up to 40 fps but not higher)

Not only my fps dropped like hell after patch 9.17, but i have micro-lag (like all knows), but actually is called stuttering. I had 2 more games where i got stuttering, both were racing games, and bot resolved with "Adaptive"/"Optimal" setting in power management, but this setting is required only if the game itselfs is old or optimized like hell. (wot case).

Almost anyone complains about mods. Ohh, well, i runned everighing on clean. Guess what. Without mods i have +5 fps on some maps, -5 fps on other maps or no changes at all !!!

I restored GPU settings to default, than turned back to best performance, than to "Adaptive", than to "Optimal" from nVidia Control Panel, NO CHANGES AT ALL !!!

Any other game or app is running well, World of Tanks is the only game making me problems like these.

I have to mention, in 9.16 runned in HD Client with 100-105fps, now in 9.17 HD Client too but with problems, BIG PROBLEMS. Also, the game is located on SSD storage.

Homer_J #29 Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Field Marshal

• 32895 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostShankay, on 14 January 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

Same problem here.

This guy is having similar problems on the same system.  Maybe it's a hardware/driver/ban issue.

Shankay #30 Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25188 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 14 January 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

This guy is having similar problems on the same system.  Maybe it's a hardware/driver/ban issue.

Actually not. Because of CPU, our MB and everything inside is not the same. I saw on NA forums some other guys with the same problem ! Still, no solution shows up.

And no... i was not banned at all.

Shankay #31 Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25188 battles
Asus G751 and G752 are not the same. They are different generations, with different hardware. Only GPU might be the same on some configs and in this case it differs too.

Evil_Paprika_Blajnd #32 Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11969 battles
  • [-AFI-] -AFI-

View PostShankay, on 14 January 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

Same problem here.

Patch 9.16 i had like 100-105 fps.

Patch 9.17 i have 75 (capminovka) fps max down to 25-30 on siegfriedline and magic forest(after 1-2 minutes it gets up to 40 fps but not higher)

Not only my fps dropped like hell after patch 9.17, but i have micro-lag (like all knows), but actually is called stuttering. I had 2 more games where i got stuttering, both were racing games, and bot resolved with "Adaptive"/"Optimal" setting in power management, but this setting is required only if the game itselfs is old or optimized like hell. (wot case).

Almost anyone complains about mods. Ohh, well, i runned everighing on clean. Guess what. Without mods i have +5 fps on some maps, -5 fps on other maps or no changes at all !!!

I restored GPU settings to default, than turned back to best performance, than to "Adaptive", than to "Optimal" from nVidia Control Panel, NO CHANGES AT ALL !!!

Any other game or app is running well, World of Tanks is the only game making me problems like these.

I have to mention, in 9.16 runned in HD Client with 100-105fps, now in 9.17 HD Client too but with problems, BIG PROBLEMS. Also, the game is located on SSD storage.

I really dont know might be your ssd how i sayd already all my problems went away when i de installed my session statics and did a verify integrity thing in the launcher menu 

View Postlostlock, on 12 January 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hi evil...

I have sameproblem!!

When i start to play everuthign is going fine after alf hour(more or less) i had fps dropping down and micro lag everything looks like slowmotion...

Only way to fix it i have to reset game.

I'm thinking is a problem of our gtx 960 strix  or nvidia drivers.

Temperature are quite ok not even up to 60° after lon gtime playing ,pc inside always clean ...

Anyone can help us? 

Try to do a ingerity check in the launcher might help helped me atleast

Strange_Neighbour #33 Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:48 AM

Major

• Player
  • 2617 battles

View PostEvil_Paprika_Blajnd, on 15 January 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

Didn't work for me. I only started getting this issue today.

Shankay #34 Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25188 battles

View PostEvil_Paprika_Blajnd, on 15 January 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

I really dont know might be your ssd how i sayd already all my problems went away when i de installed my session statics and did a verify integrity thing in the launcher menu 

Integrity check already done, and my SSD have no problems at all, LoL, i'm actually checking that from time to time because i have important projects and documents on it... I told you, everything on my Rog is working as it should, this crap game is the only problem i have, and looks like developers doesn't carry at all. At the same time, in 9.16 (with clean client) game was crashing in battle at random moments. A year ago (in another patch) i had same problem with game crashing, or garage loading after battle for like 1 minute every time (it was different machine whatsoever, but still, that was with i7 2760qm... SSD too...).

Ceeb #35 Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33142 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

I have the same specs but running on the same chip.   

All HDDs in the system are SSD, don't have a trouble of lag.   Only time I do there seems to be another reason.  Like an update etc

Maki711 #36 Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24448 battles

View PostEvil_Paprika_Blajnd, on 21 December 2016 - 12:42 AM, said:

Hi Forum

Long Story Short 

GPU drivers up to date.

My Specs 

I5 3570k 

GTX 960 Strix 

16 GB RAM 

Such micro lags can come from heat (CPU mostly) and/or if your game is on a HDD.

And yes, it can happen that some games run fine while other run bad, it still can be a hardware problem.

Even if your temps are OK, the thermal paste can cause such spikes if its too old (more than 6 months).

And yes i know that there are some people who never change that and do not have such problems. Good for them.

Drivers can play a big role too, try installing older drivers for GPU but i do not think that the GPU is a problem here.

Before you do anything, go to the game launcher and launch the game in SafeMode and play some rounds. See if you get such problems again, if you do not get then the mods you have are the problems...

Baldrickk #37 Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMaki711, on 15 January 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

Such micro lags can come from heat (CPU mostly) and/or if your game is on a HDD.

And yes, it can happen that some games run fine while other run bad, it still can be a hardware problem.

Even if your temps are OK, the thermal paste can cause such spikes if its too old (more than 6 months).

And yes i know that there are some people who never change that and do not have such problems. Good for them.

Drivers can play a big role too, try installing older drivers for GPU but i do not think that the GPU is a problem here.

Before you do anything, go to the game launcher and launch the game in SafeMode and play some rounds. See if you get such problems again, if you do not get then the mods you have are the problems...

You are really suggesting that thermal paste is a problem if over 6 months old? 

Please. No.

It's not like it gets used up or anything, and if it had a shelf life of 6 months, why does my Pentium 4 machine still work fine? How would that be acceptable in industry?

Shankay #38 Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25188 battles

View PostMaki711, on 15 January 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but your post is completly useless...

First of all, those chips are supposed to support clock modification, aka, OC or SubClock. In my chase, even if it's a laptop, i can safely OverClock my Asus Rog G752VT to gain like 15-20% more power from GPU, and the same with CPU. (tested, worked and officially confirmed by some other owners with benchmarking app).

As example, when i installed "intel extreme utility" this is what i noticed: i set my laptop in "power saver", CPU clock drops down to 800mhz. If set to "balanced", it goes to 1.6-2.6 Mhz. In "performance" it goes up to max turbo frequency. So, sir, i just gave you an example of self OC and sublocking of CPU. My temps are about 68*C with multiple tasks in background (streaming too while playing.) otherwise, it is about 56-60*C while playing WoT only. A desktop computer does not differs that much.

Second, me, like many others with this problem have this game installed on SSD. I have to mention once more, my SSD have no problems at all (i'm checking it from time to time because i have important documents and projects on it).

Third... I have no bottleneck, none of my hardware components are full load while playing World of Tanks.

Fourth: I runned "integrity check", i runned game with and without mods, in HD and SD client (in SD client i actually have lower FPS.... i mean.... that was really AWESOME !!! ). No changes of FPS with or withouth mods, only difference is when changing from SD to HD client. HD client seems to run better in my case, and no joking.

In conclusion, I and many others are requesting an fixing for this stupid stuttering (wich shown up in 9.17 and no display driver changes were made untill 9.17 but updated after i noticed this problem and still, NOTHING SOLVED.) and the second being massive fps decrease, which in my case in 9.16 was 100-105 down to 75 even 30-35 on sigfriedline and campinovka in this 9.17 update.

Shankay #39 Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25188 battles
One more thing, i have no third party software installed or any modification of clocks of CPU or GPU. Just official and drivers (no beta !!! ), and Speed fan + Notebook fan control to keep temps a little bit down (because stock it goes up to 80*C while gaming with fans at only 25-40% in WoT so i  decided to rise Fans speeds with a third-party software and keep them constant up to 62.5%.

Edited by Shankay, 16 January 2017 - 12:53 AM.

BP_OMowe #40 Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostSuperOlsson, on 12 January 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

Try turning down texture quality and foliage density, turn off grass in sniper mode in graphics options. If you still run out of memory there are mods with further compressed textures that should help.

Everything is already at minimum settings (Optiplex 740), but these problems have surfaced with the 9.17 so it's possible a memory leak was reintroduced.

View PostMaki711, on 15 January 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

What kind of engineer are you, hydro-mechanical?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users