The T54 ltwt or the WZ-132

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: which one (28 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

WZ-132 OR t54 ltwt

1. WZ-132 (14 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. T54 ltwt (14 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Hide poll

Hexen #1 Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25971 battles

I loved the WZ131 but didn't really enjoy the LTTB, so I am pushing more towards the WZ but I just don't know which one to honestly pick, any opinions would be great.

DOCT0R_ #2 Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22430 battles
  • [WHEN] WHEN
Haven't played either, but logic would dictate T-54 lwt.
In both CW and ESL I saw T-54 lwt., almost never WZ-132.
Have you checked wotlabs forums for answer?

Hexen #3 Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25971 battles
No I have not checked yet but will do thx.   I don't play clan wars so this wont affect me and your right with the t54 as it has great turret but the wz edges better slightly on a lot of other things.  The one reason I could go for the t54 is that I have a lot of good Russian crew to use compared to my Chinese crews where i dont.

Edited by Hexen, 24 December 2016 - 01:44 PM.

juonimies #4 Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47364 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

Dont know about WZ, havent driven it, but T-54 ltwt is Super. So far one of most enjoying tanks I've played.

What comes to technical stats, T-54 ltwt is a bit sluggish for a scout but its armor is almost comparable to a medium.

tnk_x5000 #5 Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30450 battles

As much as I would like the WZ-132 to get buffed a little, I would say both have things going for them.

The WZ-132 has a selection of two viable guns, both of which do not need V.Stab. to work properly. Speed, mobility and armor are lesser than the T-54 ltwt., but the view range is better, making the WZ-132 better suited for more passive and cautious gameplay, compared to the T-54. That is not to say the tank can't play actively. For randoms it is more of a passive scout and sniper, until it has to go cleaning the map from what is left. Compared directly to the T-54 ltwt. the WZ-132 has a better 100 mm in every aspect. In competitive battles this tank is not preferred, because the Ru 251 has the better overall mobility, while the Ltwt. has the better survivability. I would like the Chinese tank to get a mobility buff to give it a better place among the Ru 251 and the T-54 ltwt.

The T-54 ltwt. can allow you to be more careless than usual. You have the armor of a tier 8 medium with great acceleration and way too much hull traverse. The gun is statistically on the lesser side compared to the tier 8 light tank guns, but it is in no way bad on its own. The T-54 ltwt. is kind of an odd tank, it wants to be both a medium and light - it takes the mobility and gun of a light and uses the armor of a medium. Acceleration is only above average as lights go, but the traverse is overkill, view range is enough, but it is the shortest from the tier 8 lights. In randoms the tank is no more interesting than the next light, except it can bounce one or two more shots. For tier 8 competitive battles the tank is preferred, because in such battles the tank fights against other tier 8 tanks, where the armor means something and the gun's penetration is not too big of an issue. In randoms, the armor is more bouncy than effective and the gun's gold can lose its effectiveness.

Looking on paper, we can argue on which tank is better in the long run in randoms (Ru 251 is best for randoms), but for competitive play, the T-54 ltwt. is definitively better. Try both, make your mind on your own, or think about your play style and pick which would best suit you. Just remember the WZ-132 gives a choice between two guns, which gives you a total of 2,5 choices in total.

HeroThePilot #6 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5327 battles
  • [LMG] LMG
T-54 Lwt imo. IT has far better armor while keeping that mobility and  good gun. WZ is okay but i think T-54 Lwt is better

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

General

• Player
  • 58577 battles

Got both and they are very close

The 54 has usable turret armour while the WZ has the better gun assuming you use the 100mm

tnk_x5000 #8 Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30450 battles

I am surprised how the WZ-132 has more votes, instead of both tanks having equal numbers.

Which is kinda strange knowing how I have the impression more people prefer armor over many other aspects, regardless of class and role.

For randoms in the long run, it is hard for me to say which is better - one can take bounces and is arguably more agile, the other does more damage and can keep its distance.

Noo_Noo #9 Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles

I found the T54 ltwt very difficult. It just seemed to get spotted far too easily (even with a good crew) and then its simply in a world of hurt. Even if I had a decent game in it I seemed to be doing all the good in the wrong places as we often still lost. Still managed to get a MOE in it but my WR with it was awful. Dont think I aced it either from memory. Others were obviously doing very well in it. 

For me gun wise it cant compete. 250 alpha or there about every 7 seconds or so with a rammer and crew skills compared to tanks with autoloaders. You're dead before they have to scoot off and reload. Gun depression, like many Russian tanks is not great. People say it can bounce a shot. I say not really, maybe one or two lucky ricochets but na never really happens. It's a light tank after all and it plays against a lot of very big guns. 

I still have it, sat in the garage gathering dust. I'll try again at some point. Perhaps with a different play style and equipment set up or something. 

Sorry I've no experience of the WZ-132 other than being taken out by them in the T54 ltwt. Exaggerating a bit. Batchats are the real problem.  

ITALUX #10 Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19135 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI
Depends what you are playing. For randoms I don't like the t54 too much and I think the wz would be better since it's smaller and with better camo (i dont have the wz, but those are the main pros for the wz imh). For CWs and SH definitely the t54: the armour can make the difference in the battle. 
I basically play my t54 only in CW...

Noo_Noo #11 Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles

Just a couple of things that I've noted with the T54 ltwt. 

a) Some people are obviously doing very well in it. I had a game with 1700 base XP for a loss and still only got a 1st class in it. I feel a little done by that now as VBAddict is saying that Mastery is about 1400 XP. 

b) Been watching lots of videos on the T54 ltwt to try and figure out how I can improve in it. Basically nearly all the videos I've seen ignore any spotting and play it as a medium. Secondly their load out is almost exclusively Premium ammo. 

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Be careful when passive scouting, I don't think its very good at it. Active scouting is pretty good if the map allows. Remember you're playing T9 and 10 and other tanks often have a view range advantage and their guns are bigger. 

As a final note be wary of team damage. Twice I've been shot in the [edited]by someone who thinks you should suicide scout. 

There is one really good video from Gobbitsgaming that's an absolutely fantastic on how to "light tank" but I would be very wary. I suspect the crew skills in that video are very high as he doesn't get spotted as much as I do when in equivalent situations. Yes I've tried to replicate exactly some of the things in the video. 

here's a link

https://www.youtube....QUeIaIvoU&t=28s

Edited by Noo_Noo, 28 January 2017 - 11:44 AM.

Hexen #12 Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25971 battles
Well in the end I went for the T54lwt and to be honest after a few games I find it a great little tank and got the mastery badge quite quickly but some times you do need that premium ammo which is the only annoying thing.  I will probably still buy the tier8 WZ when I get the credits because I liked the wz131 too but over all I find it was a good choice picking the T54lwt.

Noo_Noo #13 Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles

View PostHexen, on 28 January 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Well in the end I went for the T54lwt and to be honest after a few games I find it a great little tank and got the mastery badge quite quickly but some times you do need that premium ammo which is the only annoying thing.  I will probably still buy the tier8 WZ when I get the credits because I liked the wz131 too but over all I find it was a good choice picking the T54lwt.

Well done on the mastery badge. That's eluded me even though I've managed to get my first mark on the tank. Obviously plenty of others struggle with the the tank too. Plenty obviously do well in it too. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users