About changing nickname...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

maxim131 #1 Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3391 battles

So my first rant.

I try to come up with something original on nickname. I wanted to change my nickname from maxim131 to something like: "Neutron" or "Punisher", but when I try to do that ... Nickname already on use... how the *Edited* It's already in use? Seriously... I NEVER seen anyone with the nicknames "Punisher" or "Neutron", the only conclusion I can come up with is that the Nickname system is BROCKEN, there is simply NO HELL in the world that those nicknames I've mentioned are already in use.

Second rant... WHO IN THE ACTUAL WORLD IS THE RETARD THOUGHT OF MAKING CHANGING NICKNAME COST GOLD????!!!????!? Oh god, this the MOST DUMBEST Idea I've even seen. :facepalm: ARE YOU SERIOUS????!??? I just dont know how to react to this amount of stupidy by who thought of that Idea, I'm not sure what in the world that guy did smoke when he came up with the Idea of changing nickname cost so much expensive gold.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

There is no idiot would pay such huge gold price just to change nickname. 2500 gold to change nickname... with that amount of gold you can get yourself alot of good camouflages for your tank(s). Or even better; You can get with 2500 gold alot of great premium tanks (Even though I'm not fan of premium tanks myself. but there are alot of usefull uses for gold.).

WG, please. Change this, this just so dumb that I cringed very very hard. Paying so much alot of gold just for nicknames is just absurd and retarded, change it, NOW.

Limiting nickname change per 14 days is pretty much good enough limitation to stop from people abusing this feature. I would even consider increasing the limitation to once per month, would be good enough, and the gold price was totaly not needed.

Selena__Gomez #2 Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28881 battles
  • [H4XOR] H4XOR
If you have enough gold from CW, tournaments and ESL everything is possible :teethhappy: But I don't enjoy random battles so much after removal of cross-team chat.

bangash #3 Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 27725 battles
FYI, Punisher nickname is used by one moderator who was active during 2010-11. 

Strappster #4 Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

General

• Player
  • 25613 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmaxim131, on 30 December 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

Nickname already on use... how the *Edited* It's already in use? Seriously... I NEVER seen anyone with the nicknames "Punisher" or "Neutron", the only conclusion I can come up with is that the Nickname system is BROCKEN, there is simply NO HELL in the world that those nicknames I've mentioned are already in use.

Search results for player 'neutron'.

Search results for player 'punisher'.

Just because you haven't seen those players doesn't mean the names haven't been used. The game's been running for long enough that most common names will have been used, which is why you see so many variations on a theme with people adding numbers, 'xXx' or whatever. Sure, it's aggravating when your preferred name was used by a player who played twice back in 2012 and hasn't logged in since but that's the way it is.

WG could reset those old accounts and release the names for other players to use but then you'd be in a race with everyone else who wants to call themselves the same thing. Given the comic book Punisher, for example, I very much doubt you'd be the only one.

maxim131 #5 Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3391 battles

View PostStrappster, on 30 December 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

Search results for player 'neutron'.

Search results for player 'punisher'.

Just because you haven't seen those players doesn't mean the names haven't been used. The game's been running for long enough that most common names will have been used, which is why you see so many variations on a theme with people adding numbers, 'xXx' or whatever. Sure, it's aggravating when your preferred name was used by a player who played twice back in 2012 and hasn't logged in since but that's the way it is.

WG could reset those old accounts and release the names for other players to use but then you'd be in a race with everyone else who wants to call themselves the same thing. Given the comic book Punisher, for example, I very much doubt you'd be the only one.

View Postbangash, on 30 December 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

FYI, Punisher nickname is used by one moderator who was active during 2010-11. 

Fine. You got me on that.

However, whats the point of making nickname changing cost so much gold?

Limiting change nickname once per month is pretty much good enough to eliminate nickname change abuse, making it cost so much gold only just limits this feature for those who like wallet so much money into the game or those who like have clan and like to participate in clan wars.

Raanu #6 Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9099 battles
It's for gold for one reason. Money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users