Swedish Heavy tank forum

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Wrathborne391Y #1 Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9900 battles
  • [HE-IM] HE-IM
I can't see any posts, or create any in the forumsection for Swedish Heavy tanks, did they set up the forum wrong or is there a reason?

Pablo_Amenable #2 Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10862 battles
Maybe they didn't want 1000 topics about getting theyr asses kicked by Emil?? Anyways, Im in love.

ARES_IV #3 Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15621 battles

More likely the same competent people who missed to create the forum in the first place....

One day I want to get my money for so little work, too.

Kehldon #4 Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 25037 battles
  • [1ST] 1ST
Bump, unlock the Heavy forum please.

SmellyOne #5 Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21666 battles

Some feedback.

I shot free exp all the way to Emil1.

Emil1 is meh. I wouldnt say its a good overall tier 8 tank. The penetration on the top gun is terrible. You cant pen IS3 frontally most of the time, and if you face troll armor tanks like T10 or IS7 you will do 4/4 clip bounces. So if you want to grind this tank and not cry youll have to use premium ammo (which is still mostly inadequate vs tier 10 tanks btw). Aside from terrible gun penetration, overall, the tank is okish. 6/10

Emil 2 is a bit better. It is a strange combination however. Since i didnt have the patience or indeed willpower to grind the top gun with Emil 1 gun, i unlocked it with free exp. The normal penetration is iirc same as Emil 1 top gun premium ammo so at least you wont be dinging tier 8 and most tier 9 tanks frontally and you can start reliably unloading your clips into enemies (finally). You will still struggle with the likes of IS7 and E100. Basically the problem with Emil 2 is complicated. First you have a turret that is essentially immortal to normal ammo, i sat there many times and allowed jpze100s to shoot at me and never got penned. However a.) high caliber HE shells seem to do A LOT of damage, like E100 shot me for 400-500 straight through the turret (iirc you have like 1700 hp or something) b.) the price you pay for the immortal turret is too steep. First you get pretty bad firepower - only 4 shots in a clip that averages like 1600 damage per clip AND a terrible 38 seconds (or so) reload. This means that you cant really go anywhere alone as you dont have enough firepower to finish people off (if they have full hp), and you reload so long that they can cripple you potentially while you reload. Another price you pay for the immortal turret is the terrible frontal hull armor. There is basically none. Now here is another wonderful thing. Whoever designed this tank put the turret swayed to the back, or rather elongated frontal full to stick out ahead of turret a lot. And despite the IS7 like frontal hull shape, its pretty much made out of cheese. So there are many slopes where if you position yourself so that your turret sticks out (which is what you want) and your gun can use its depression to shoot at your enemies (which is also what you want) your goddamned frontal hull will also stick out, or least its upper plate will, and guess what? Everyone penetrates it. I dont know what it is, whether its overmatching or something, but you basically cant really use many slopes of many maps effectively if the enemy knows where to shoot. Currently since i play only solo random battles i cant give this tank more than 7/10. I believe it will have to be buffed some way, either give it more firepower (bigger clip size or shorter reload) or buff its cheese frontal hull so that at least tier 8 light tanks cant just part and shoot at you and pen every time. Now dont get me wrong, the tank is good, it has potential, it is very convenient, the gun depression is good, the turret armor is good, mobility is not terrible (youll be driving around often times at like 35 km / h) but its just the penalties you pay (low clip size, long reload time, terrible hull armor) dont IMO make up for the good aspects, at least from a perspective of a solo random games player.

Edited by SmellyOne, 06 January 2017 - 06:17 PM.

Kehldon #6 Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 25037 battles
  • [1ST] 1ST
Currently at Emil I, the Engine is to weak, you rarely reach 50kmh, more like 30kmh on even ground. Stock gun us mediocer and tup gun okish. Your hull armor is weak and turret armor works up to tier 8, after that the Always seems to go through.

SmellyOne #7 Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21666 battles

This will illustrate the main problem with Emil 2 : the hull thats sticking out way in front of turret, and when you use slopes to shoot at enemies, they can just put shells through your frontal hull making the entire turret armor pointless (the screenshot was taken some seconds after being shot).

Ignore the skoda in front of me, he drove up afterward.

Right where the dead light tank overmark indicator is, is where the centurion shot me from. I should have been in complete hull down for him, only turret sticking out, but as you can see he could see just enough of my upper hull plate to shoot it.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #8 Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles
Hehe.. and IS-3 gets impenetrable turret same tier. patton gun handling with godlike standard pen along with godlike sidescraping abilitys. another line of useless tanks that dont work maybe?

SmellyOne #9 Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21666 battles

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 08 January 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

Hehe.. and IS-3 gets impenetrable turret same tier. patton gun handling with godlike standard pen along with godlike sidescraping abilitys. another line of useless tanks that dont work maybe?

Im in general agreement with you, but you are a little bit too harsh here.

Emil 1 and 2 are not completely broken / failtanks. They just need to be buffed or developed into specific role a little bit more.

The combination of low DPM, low penetration, long reload, small clip size, and no hull armor is not good. The godlike turret armor (specially on Emil 2) is not worth all those penalties.

An easy way to vastly improve this tank would be to change just one of those parameters.

Increase clip size?

Increase penetration?

Increase hull armor a bit (so you can ding at least some shots)?

Decrease reload time?

Maybe make turrets a bit more resistant to HE damage, an E100 can hit Emil 2 in the turret for 500+ with HE for example (it kinda tends to destroy the purpose of good turret).

Amkal #10 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-

People cry for buffs on emil. This amuses me immensely. Impenetrable turret when hulldown, 224 pen, autoloaded gun. What  more can you possibly want from a tank. "Boooohooooo i cant pen is7 front :("

Well, guess what, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO! It is heavy tank 2 tiers higher tha  you!

The mobility and slow turret traverse compensate for super op turret armor and gun. Probably the only bad thing about the emil is the view range, but what can you do...

Everyone that cries about emil 1 and 2 have obviously never played normal, old school, balanced autoloader like t69 or t54e1

SaintLaurentius #11 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10629 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostAmkal, on 11 January 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

balanced autoloader like t69 or t54e1

But here's the thing: T69 & T54E1 are generally balanced, but as soon as you start slinging HEAT/APCR they are very, very good. That raises their potential immensely. You don't get that with the EMIL 1 or 2, since the guns on those tanks somewhat suck, with premium rounds or not.

I'm personally fine with them as they are and can make use of the actually good characteristics (turret armor) in the swedes.

BP_OMowe #12 Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

Ticket #1768276

Category:World of Tanks

Sub-category: Website/ forum/ external (e.g.: iPhone apps)

The sub-forum for Swedish heavy tanks (http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/2884-heavy-tanks/) does not work.

Replies

Javier White 17 January 2017 14:10
Greetings BP_OMowe,

Thank you for contacting our customer support.

Thank you for telling us about an error on the forums. We invite you to contact a community coordinator/moderator on the forums, as they are the ones who manage these sections. Rest assured, it should be fixed fairly soon :)

Please, do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any questions or doubts.

Best Regards,

Javier White

Wargaming EU Customer Service Representative

EN: Once this ticket is closed, you will have access to a short survey. Please, take the time to fill it and help us improve our overall quality.

ES: Una vez se cierre la consulta, tendrás acceso a una breve encuesta. Gracias por dedicar unos minutos de tu tiempo a contestarla y a ayudarnos a mejorar nuestro servicio.

BP_OMowe 17 January 2017 20:11
Previous attempts using the report function has given no results, but I will do that.
How do I find a community coordinator?

Javier White 17 January 2017 20:24
Greetings BP_OMowe,

Thank you for contacting our customer support.

Thank you for telling us about an error on the forums. We invite you to contact a community coordinator/moderator on the forums, as they are the ones who manage these sections. Rest assured, it should be fixed fairly soon :)

Please, do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any questions or doubts.

Best Regards,

Javier White

Wargaming EU Customer Service Representative

EN: Once this ticket is closed, you will have access to a short survey. Please, take the time to fill it and help us improve our overall quality.

ES: Una vez se cierre la consulta, tendrás acceso a una breve encuesta. Gracias por dedicar unos minutos de tu tiempo a contestarla y a ayudarnos a mejorar nuestro servicio.

BP_OMowe 17 January 2017 23:30
Greetings, Javier White.

As I said, I'm perfectly willing to contact a community coordinator, but I need you to tell me how to do that.

Best Regards,
BP_OMowe

Iza Nowa 18 January 2017 08:58
Hello BP_OMowe,

Please contact one of our community contributors viahttp://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/50-forum/

Ph3lan

MrConway

Cynd3r

Kandly

I hope that these explanations will help you!

Kind regards,

Iza Nowa

EU Customer Service Team

https://support.worldoftanks.eu

EN : Rate us! Improve us! Leave feedback on our service after this ticket is closed.

PL : Pomóż nam! Oceń nas! Po zamknięciu zgłoszenia, wystaw swoją opinię na temat naszej usługi.

Too bad I do not speak Polish at all...

Edited by BP_OMowe, 18 January 2017 - 11:40 AM.

Kehldon #13 Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 25037 battles
  • [1ST] 1ST
I PM:ed MrConway about it a few weeks ago, but so far nothing have happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users