Emil1 Discussion (because WG cant make working subforums)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #41 Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 16 January 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

You really need to stop playing this tank, Fluffy. Apparently it doesn't fit your playstyle...

Tier Mastery badge Vehicle Nation Type Win rate Battles survived battles destroyed per battle spotted average damage damage dealt / received hit percent Efficiency rating WN8
8 class-ace.png Emil I sweden.png heavy.png 78.00% 50 60.00% 1.86 1.36 2,372 2.46 83.31% 1662.92 3364.29

It seriously doesent... i know what to do.. use the gundep. poke ridges.. stay with someone close by so i dont get rushed between clip reloads. but i just cant make it work. the turret just lets me down all the time.

leggasiini #42 Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35030 battles

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 16 January 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

the turret just lets me down all the time.

Good thing that tier 9/10 has turrets that has +450 effective turret armor when hulldown instead of just 300 of EMIL I.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #43 Posted Yesterday, 12:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 16 January 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Good thing that tier 9/10 has turrets that has +450 effective turret armor when hulldown instead of just 300 of EMIL I.

Its the fact if you arent using a hill above the enemy your turret dont work against the T34, who has 280mm effective just LOOKING at you. Emil1 cant even hit the damd cupola because of the terrible accuracy, T34 just punches threw your turret, whats the point of Emil1 when T29 turret is better 1 tier below? its got side turret armor, lower profile turret, the rear of the truret can at least bounce lower pen guns that dont hit dead on.

Long story short.  poor all around armor and a wonkey gun. when T29 is just better tier for tier. and turret armor is the only thing Emil1 HAS! the gun just doesent work.

Why should muricans only wait till tier 7 for what the Emil1 should have been?

Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, Yesterday, 12:32 AM.

The_Georgian_One #44 Posted Yesterday, 08:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24634 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 17 January 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

Its the fact if you arent using a hill above the enemy your turret dont work against the T34, who has 280mm effective just LOOKING at you. Emil1 cant even hit the damd cupola because of the terrible accuracy, T34 just punches threw your turret, whats the point of Emil1 when T29 turret is better 1 tier below? its got side turret armor, lower profile turret, the rear of the truret can at least bounce lower pen guns that dont hit dead on.

Long story short.  poor all around armor and a wonkey gun. when T29 is just better tier for tier. and turret armor is the only thing Emil1 HAS! the gun just doesent work.

Why should muricans only wait till tier 7 for what the Emil1 should have been?

You're focusing on 1 prominent feature of a tank and ignoring the bigger picture or the full package that you get. It's as if someone was claiming that St. Emil (just to stay on topic, sorta) is a good tank, cause it has excellent gun with OP gun depression.

Edit for clarity: St. Emil, the horrendously bad tier 7 TD is what I meant above.

Edited by The_Georgian_One, Today, 08:51 AM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #45 Posted Yesterday, 09:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5227 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Excellent gun?

The only thing "excellent" about it is the fact it is an autoloader.

It has horrible aimtime, DPM is meh, and the handling isn't anything special to write home about either (O-Ho gets better handling ;)).

Emptying the clip also takes like 9 seconds in which you can barely move due to rubbish bloom and aimtime.

As for armour; the only place it has any is the turret front, and I do believe that fluffy has been quite... eloquent about it.

Can't say much about the mobility since I've barely encountered the EMIL tanks.

The main reasons why the O-Ho fails compared  to it is because its 10cm cannon has no gold ammo and the horrible gundep at the front.

But then again, the O-Ho has a derp which doesn't care about EMIL's turret armour.

SmellyOne #46 Posted Today, 01:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21414 battles

I got Kran and im just starting to think its me. I cant make this tank work. The 0 hull armor is killing me.

This tank is so... Inconsistent...

The 5-10% of the time when you have a ridge to hide behind, it can be great.

The 90-95% of the time when youre supposed to be a heavy tank, and you know, do some fighting, the cheese hull armor is just... crap... You will literally ding nobody with tier 8 gun, including light tanks. If you get caught exposed, you might as well be in a Grille.

Edited by SmellyOne, Today, 01:26 AM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #47 Posted Today, 03:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostSmellyOne, on 18 January 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

I got Kran and im just starting to think its me. I cant make this tank work. The 0 hull armor is killing me.

This tank is so... Inconsistent...

The 5-10% of the time when you have a ridge to hide behind, it can be great.

The 90-95% of the time when youre supposed to be a heavy tank, and you know, do some fighting, the cheese hull armor is just... crap... You will literally ding nobody with tier 8 gun, including light tanks. If you get caught exposed, you might as well be in a Grille.

Emils/Kran are all situational heavys that are outclassed by a tier freakin 7. T29 does it better, you seen the side armor of the turret on T29? and then look at 8-10? its disgusting, they took all the armor off. STILL made them sluggish and turn like crap (and turret turn). too many negatives for wonkey turret armor. the hulls too far forward so you poke a ridge to shoot a BIAS-3 hull (only to bounce it cuz SH** PEN) you expose your hull and get rekt.

Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, Today, 03:54 AM.

The_Georgian_One #48 Posted Today, 08:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24634 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 17 January 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Excellent gun?

The only thing "excellent" about it is the fact it is an autoloader.

It has horrible aimtime, DPM is meh, and the handling isn't anything special to write home about either (O-Ho gets better handling ;)).

Emptying the clip also takes like 9 seconds in which you can barely move due to rubbish bloom and aimtime.

As for armour; the only place it has any is the turret front, and I do believe that fluffy has been quite... eloquent about it.

Can't say much about the mobility since I've barely encountered the EMIL tanks.

The main reasons why the O-Ho fails compared  to it is because its 10cm cannon has no gold ammo and the horrible gundep at the front.

But then again, the O-Ho has a derp which doesn't care about EMIL's turret armour.

Did you actually read and comprehend what I wrote? 'Excellent gun' was with respect to St. Emil, the German tier 7 TD to show how Fluffy compares the 1 prominent feature of the tier 8 Emil to T29 without considering the tank as a whole.

SmellyOne #49 Posted Today, 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21414 battles

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 18 January 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

Emils/Kran are all situational heavys that are outclassed by a tier freakin 7. T29 does it better, you seen the side armor of the turret on T29? and then look at 8-10? its disgusting, they took all the armor off. STILL made them sluggish and turn like crap (and turret turn). too many negatives for wonkey turret armor. the hulls too far forward so you poke a ridge to shoot a BIAS-3 hull (only to bounce it cuz SH** PEN) you expose your hull and get rekt.

Kran is not sluggish at all. Jeez wait til you get it. Its quite nimble (turning), it accelerates slower to ~30kmh than IS7, but you will overtake IS7 in a straight line (just takes some seconds to get speed). Its quite good really mobility wise. You can get wherever you wanna go in time no problem.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users