Jump to content


Emil1 Discussion (They Fixed Subforums!)


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #1 Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,406
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

So im putting this here because WG cant make the HEAVY sub forums work for the swedish. been WEEKS and still not fixed. useless.

 

The Gun:

The stock gun is horrible with only 4 more pen than IS-6 but thats ok becuase it gets preff MM right? wait... it dont? oh.. great..., its got complete AIDS gun handling to double whammy with the crap standard pen so enjoy your tier 10 matches where the gun wont hit and if you do it wont have a cat in hells chance of penning anything.

 

Thats not whats terrible tho. the gun handling is single handedly one of the most horrible things about the gun. think the top gun will make it better? BZZZT! WRONG! heres the kicker! IT GETS WORSE! the stock gun has 2.88 aimtime, the top gun? 3.07!! WTF! i thought you couldent make the damd gun any worse! WG amazes me with there incompetence. only thing the top gun gives is a small reload decrease by like 3.5ish seconds and the standard pen is a WHOPPING...217apcr pen... wait what?

 

Thats not tier 8 HEAVY tank penetration WG. that wont reliably go threw IS-6 or IS-3 due to APCR normalisation and typical russian BS troll slopes with 25% penetration RNG. thats bearly 200 AP in comparison. it wouldent be so bad but YOU MADE THE AIMTIME WORSE! WHY?! oh thats right. you want us to SPAM GOLD, seems to be your new policy in game.

 

TLDR: 3 seconds interval, terrible gun handling, bad penetration, aimtime between shells is terrible too.

 

IS-3 gets patton turret dispersion ( 0.08 on a heavy? GTFO), 225AP and 390 alpha. the ultimate snapshot autopen gun at tier 8 on a heavy. and you wonder why people call russian bias.

 

The Armor

Its odd... its not reliable at all due to needing effective slopes to work. when you do get it to work? its decent. but still not reliable in tier 10, unlike IS-3 420HEAT immune mantle coz rasha. not good enough comparison you say? well how about T29 mantle at tier 7 that trolls even tier 10 guns? The emil1 pays dearly in horrible gun stats for that 12 gundep and unreliable turret armor, been penned threw the guns mantle by a 250+pen CDC before. thats a tier 8 medium ffs. anything with 250ish pen and 25% penetration favours them? they will go threw you like butter, T29 has a more solid turret 1 tier lower and does not require effective sloping to bounce shots.

 

TLDR: works when it wants to and when it does its nice. but its no T29 mantle, and thats a shame to say its a tier higher.

 

Mobility

Stock this thing is truly miserable. dont buy the top gun, you NEED the engine/tracks to help with HP/t and the tracks reduce the terrain resistances thats helps allot too. once you got them both it starts be a better tank to play. IS-3 still wins in raw power and hp/t, slightly different resistances.

 

But what you expect, russian bias as always. only rasha can have armor AND mobility with the best gun in tier right? remember:

 

IS-3 is balanced and wont recieve any nerfs - WG.

 

TLDR:

The tanks better than some tier 8 heavys, it has potential. its like a 50 100 and T32 has a child and has both qualitys but doesent really get much of ether of them. gets the pre buff T32 crap pen but the autoloader without the clip potential/reliability of the 50 100 gun. tried to take armor from T32 but just doesent get enough to warrant the trade off with the gun.

 

At least its not british right?

 

 


Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 20 January 2017 - 11:20 AM.


90grimli90 #2 Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19025 battles
  • 339
  • [GEN] GEN
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

Look every tank has his own better statistic. For the swedish lien this is the EXCELLENT gun depression. With this in mind, the armour and all other values. This tank is very good when played correctly (just like all others).

At the moment I even think if you play the Emil I correctly you can even win easily from your OP IS-3



Geralt_z_Rivii365 #3 Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

    Major

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 30521 battles
  • 2,889
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011

View Post90grimli90, on 09 January 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

At the moment I even think if you play the Emil I correctly you can even win easily from your OP IS-3

 

Nah that can't be true.



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #4 Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:21 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,406
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014
I forgot 1 more thing. if arty miss you. they will still take 1k HP off you because 20mm side armor. it happened to me yesterday. arty missed me by a large margin. still smacked 1k off me.

SmellyOne #5 Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21478 battles
  • 1,409
  • Member since:
    05-26-2011

View Post90grimli90, on 09 January 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Look every tank has his own better statistic. For the swedish lien this is the EXCELLENT gun depression. With this in mind, the armour and all other values. This tank is very good when played correctly (just like all others).

At the moment I even think if you play the Emil I correctly you can even win easily from your OP IS-3

 

Every tank can be good if played under ideal circumstances.

 

Problem with Emil 1 is that you will never be in such circumstances, and 95% of the time its plagued by bad hull armor (even tier 7 light tanks can pen you), only 4 shots in a clip, extremely low penetration, and relatively long reload time.

 

When it comes to Emil 1 vs IS-3 the only way you will kill an IS-3 easily is if youre behind a slope and that IS3 comes and parks in front of you, shows you his side armor under perfect angle and then stays like that for 50 seconds (time it takes for you to empty your clip and reload again).

 

Without gold ammo spam with top gun, youre gonna pen IS3 once MAYBE every 3 or more shots. Unless you face hug him and empty the clip into his top turret armor, in which case he will still kill you while you reload cuz of cheese hull armor and looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong reload.

 

In other words this tank does have potential. In perfect circumstances it can do well. Problem is perfect circumstances will happen maybe 5% of the time. The other 95% you need to use gold ammo if you want to achieve anything. Trust me, i did :P


Edited by SmellyOne, 09 January 2017 - 08:20 PM.


Fluffy_The_Destroyer #6 Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,406
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostSmellyOne, on 09 January 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

 

Every tank can be good if played under ideal circumstances.

 

Problem with Emil 1 is that you will never be in such circumstances, and 95% of the time its plagued by bad hull armor (even tier 7 light tanks can pen you), only 4 shots in a clip, extremely low penetration, and relatively long reload time.

 

When it comes to Emil 1 vs IS-3 the only way you will kill an IS-3 easily is if youre behind a slope and that IS3 comes and parks in front of you, shows you his side armor under perfect angle and then stays like that for 50 seconds (time it takes for you to empty your clip and reload again).

 

Without gold ammo spam with top gun, youre gonna pen IS3 once MAYBE every 3 or more shots. Unless you face hug him and empty the clip into his top turret armor, in which case he will still kill you while you reload cuz of cheese hull armor and looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong reload.

 

In other words this tank does have potential. In perfect circumstances it can do well. Problem is perfect circumstances will happen maybe 5% of the time. The other 95% you need to use gold ammo if you want to achieve anything. Trust me, i did :P

 

Oh the gold spam.. it never ends...i havent played a single match without pressing 2 at the start becuase the stock gun pen is beyond trash. wouldent be so bad but the gun handling forces you to press 2.

 

Pfft the gold pen is about as good, if not worse than IS-3 standard gun pen. 225ap. what a f***ing joke.

 

Edit: just got the top gun. still gonna spam gold tho because as long as IS-3 has that retard armor im forced to. i cant waste my shells and get a 5 day reload without doing my full clip potential.


Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 09 January 2017 - 10:38 PM.


The_Georgian_One #7 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27224 battles
  • 992
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

First of all - don't judge the tank by the stock grind.

 

I unlocked it yesterday and it's brilliant compared to POS Leo was. Actually, the tank is a keeper - 4/5 won games, 2600 average damage (small sample size, I know). Originally I planned to grind this line only to this point, but Emil 2 and Kranvagn also look good and I have crews...


 

Now. The gun is indeed bad (at least without vert stab, I couldn't mount it on stock suspension), but you have the turret. You can actually sit on a slope and take your time to punish. Pen is meh, but workable. I'm getting used to APCR/HEAT combo playing Revalorise, a tank I absolutely love and it has 200 pen. I do agree balancing tank by giving it bad gun is NOT the way to go, but even with this gun the tank is pretty awesome. I'd exchange turret thickness for better gun handling, but I'm happy to work with what I have, especially after the Leo grind.



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #8 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,406
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 10 January 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

First of all - don't judge the tank by the stock grind.

 

I unlocked it yesterday and it's brilliant compared to POS Leo was. Actually, the tank is a keeper - 4/5 won games, 2600 average damage (small sample size, I know). Originally I planned to grind this line only to this point, but Emil 2 and Kranvagn also look good and I have crews...


 

Now. The gun is indeed bad (at least without vert stab, I couldn't mount it on stock suspension), but you have the turret. You can actually sit on a slope and take your time to punish. Pen is meh, but workable. I'm getting used to APCR/HEAT combo playing Revalorise, a tank I absolutely love and it has 200 pen. I do agree balancing tank by giving it bad gun is NOT the way to go, but even with this gun the tank is pretty awesome. I'd exchange turret thickness for better gun handling, but I'm happy to work with what I have, especially after the Leo grind.

 

Judge on stock grind? im not. in fact the stock grind im talking about with the gun mainly is the fact the stock gun 225apcr gold ammo is better than the top guns 217apcr. in which i spammed a metric sh** ton of gold of, the stock gun as i have said, has better aimtime than the top gun. so in fact the config i was running is BETTER that the elite gun besides 3.5 sec reload decrease. it just costs an arm and a leg to run it.

 

The turret on equal ground is crap and relies too much of slope, T29 turret is flatter and better armored. T29 trades nothing but a bit of mobility for that turret. the guns perfectly fine for the tier its in. and it can sidescrape if needed. Emil1 with 20mm side armor. everything can pen you.

 

If its one thing i cant stand, its gimping a tank because it has potential to do something, when things of same tier or lower can do what you do but also just as good if not better, you lose your role and then wonder why the tank exists.

 

 



conductiv #9 Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:55 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 33570 battles
  • 3,322
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

a nigh on impossible to penetrate turret from the front with no weakspots is a massive plus, 180mm sloped back at 50 or so deg will get it close to the 250mm effective. and with its 12 degrees of depression it really shouldn't be hard to get into a hull down position. 250mm of effective protection means that a fair portion of the tier 10 guns need to resort to gold to ensure penetration.

 

the T-29/T-32 gets a "better" turret with regards to armor, but it does come with cupola weakspots, shots can get through on just off the sides from the sides of the mantlet, and a hull shot-trap near the turret ring. in order to damage the emil, you need to get through that 180mm sloped, no weakspots...no shot-traps...meaning practical invulnerability from penetration...not even the need to wiggle..against tier 6, and most tier 7 and 8 vehicles as well. 

 

looking at the other tier 8 options, I don't see any standard vehicle besides the T32 that can even compare in how well the turret protects. the IS-3 has its 15mm gun coverplate that gets auto-penned by basically everything and you can punch through the dome with 250mm+, cearnarvon turret is weakspot apart from the mantle, king tiger has a 185mm thick face that is flat like a pancake and the 50-100 has no armor to begin with..and the japanese is just "a shoot me with gold" box 

 

combine this with a autoloader despite is "slow" refire of 3 seconds (still more then enough to perma track anything) and you have the ability to destroy equal and lower tier vehicles with impunity. its smaller clip but faster reload can actually be a boon in such games as well, as it makes the tank much harder to catch while it is trying to reload. 

 

 

 

 



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #10 Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:14 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,406
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

Problem is. the turrets only good when hulldown, while specifically looking at one target. the turrets so tall if someone next to the other person shoots you, it will go threw the cheeks or side turret armor easy. T29/T32 turret are tiny and compact in comparison. they dont rely on slope for that turret ether.

 

3 seconds interval is quite bad... but the aimtime between shells is longer than 3 seconds! its horrible. 3 seconds and you still need to aim to hit after the next shell? i dont even...


Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 11 January 2017 - 05:14 AM.


conductiv #11 Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:56 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 33570 battles
  • 3,322
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 11 January 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

Problem is. the turrets only good when hulldown, while specifically looking at one target. the turrets so tall if someone next to the other person shoots you, it will go threw the cheeks or side turret armor easy. T29/T32 turret are tiny and compact in comparison. they dont rely on slope for that turret ether.

 

3 seconds interval is quite bad... but the aimtime between shells is longer than 3 seconds! its horrible. 3 seconds and you still need to aim to hit after the next shell? i dont even...

 

-turret is only good when hulldown, I have to agree with this as the hull is notably weaker, but getting to an hull down position should not be a problem

-specifically when looking at 1 target, you mean when shot at perpendicular from the front..so you need to keep the gun aimed at where the shells are shot from. yes as the cheeks rely on their double angle for its protection...this means you cannot stick your turret over a ridge where every enemy in the 180 degree front arc starts opening up on you. but you can do so when facing area's where enemies tend to pile up.

-T29/T32 turrets are tiny and compact in comparison...T29's is flatter, but is quite long. T32 is compacter...however, neither house a autoloader system and rely heavily on their mantlet for protection. meaning that while they don't have to stare at the enemy non stop like the emil..making the angle too wide will cause shells to bypass the turrets defenses as well. while the turrets of these 2 american tanks provide extremely good protection (disputably the best on tier protection available) they are not completely impenetratable for equal tier guns, rather then relying on the angle..these guns put their trust in the enemy hitting the mantle or skipping off the extreme edges of the turret face. the emils protection is when facing directly at the opponent..extremely reliable. the only way for a tank being stared down by a hull down emil to penetrate it is to defeat the slope...to damage it they might opt to throw HE under the gun hoping to graze the hull deck or turret inards.

-they don't rely on slope for protection, agreed they rely mainly on the mantlet.

-the 3 seconds bit... for an autoloader it isn't the best, but we are talking about a autoloader that doesn't have a paper turret that the average tier 5 could punch through.... so it really doesn't need a quick burst, sniper precision or extremely quick aimtime. 



Amkal #12 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22789 battles
  • 1,005
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-
  • Member since:
    08-26-2012
Stop telling jokes about t29/t34 turret. Unlike emil's, these turrets have actual weakspots. Cupola sticks out, turret top is often visible and overmatchable by 120mm gun. Other from poor mobility emil has only one other weakness that is the viewrange but nobody seems to notice.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #13 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,406
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostAmkal, on 11 January 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Stop telling jokes about t29/t34 turret. Unlike emil's, these turrets have actual weakspots. Cupola sticks out, turret top is often visible and overmatchable by 120mm gun. Other from poor mobility emil has only one other weakness that is the viewrange but nobody seems to notice.

 

is-3 has a roof weakspot above the gun thats overmatched by like..60mm?90mm guns? good luck hitting it. T29 roof is hard to hit and is pure RNG with any 120+ caliber gun. T29 wont sit still to give you the shot. Emils front is trash.

Amkal #14 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22789 battles
  • 1,005
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-
  • Member since:
    08-26-2012
[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 12 January 2017 - 03:04 PM.
This post has been moderated by Wg staff member due to inappropriate content


Fluffy_The_Destroyer #15 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,406
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostAmkal, on 11 January 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

[edited]

 

If you have nothing better to post than bait people into raging on the internet, get reported.

 

Edit: was upwards on a hill. steep hill. perfect hulldown. ST-1 straight threw my face. liteally impossible. must have pressed his skill rounds 340heat and outskilled me.


Edited by BigBadVuk, 12 January 2017 - 03:04 PM.


conductiv #16 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:36 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 33570 battles
  • 3,322
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 11 January 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

 

If you have nothing better to post than bait people into raging on the internet, get reported.

 

Edit: was upwards on a hill. steep hill. perfect hulldown. ST-1 straight threw my face. liteally impossible. must have pressed his skill rounds 340heat and outskilled me.

 

possibly,  for all intends and purposes the ST-1 has a tier 10 russian gun that can when loaded with its premium ammo punch through a perfectly angled maus turret. I wouldn't call it out-skilled...but hey the gold spam ingame is real.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #17 Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,406
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View Postconductiv, on 12 January 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

 

possibly,  for all intends and purposes the ST-1 has a tier 10 russian gun that can when loaded with its premium ammo punch through a perfectly angled maus turret. I wouldn't call it out-skilled...but hey the gold spam ingame is real.

 

Skill is a laughable term for gold rounds. because it takes no skill to press "2". :P

The_Georgian_One #18 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27224 battles
  • 992
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

Emil is weak confirmed :hiding:

Tier Mastery badge Vehicle Nation Type Win rate Battles survived battles destroyed per battle spotted average damage damage dealt / received hit percent Efficiency rating WN8
8 class-2.png Emil I sweden.png heavy.png 87.50% 8 37.50% 2.25 1.75 2,695 2.32 83.19% 2288.50 4601.8


storm4710 #19 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:48 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16263 battles
  • 586
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 12 January 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Emil is weak confirmed :hiding:

Tier Mastery badge Vehicle Nation Type Win rate Battles survived battles destroyed per battle spotted average damage damage dealt / received hit percent Efficiency rating WN8
8 class-2.png Emil I sweden.png heavy.png 87.50% 8 37.50% 2.25 1.75 2,695 2.32 83.19% 2288.50 4601.8

with 8 games played



The_Georgian_One #20 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27224 battles
  • 992
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

View Poststorm4710, on 12 January 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

with 8 games played

 

I know it's a rather small sample. But I really like the tank, even though I play it without top engine.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users