Jump to content


Emil1 Discussion (They Fixed Subforums!)


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #21 Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:43 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 12 January 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

 

I know it's a rather small sample. But I really like the tank, even though I play it without top engine.

 

Dident say its weak. i said its derpy as hell and the turret is not reliable which is sad for a tank that has nothing but turret armor. the hull is incredibly bad for a unreliable turret. the guns low pen being APCR and gun handling really hurts it.

 

Its not good but its grindable. seen few ppl on twitchtv complain when using Emil1 wonder "how the hell i bounce that?" and i say to them. "welcome to APCR" and they agreed.


Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 12 January 2017 - 07:44 PM.


leggasiini #22 Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:27 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 15394 battles
  • 6,259
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012
Good thing on EMIL II and Kranvagn is that their turrets are so tough that on flat ground tier 10 non-TD HEAT is unreliable, especially against Kranvagn, and when hulldown Kranvagn reaches ~450mm effective turret armor.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #23 Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View Postleggasiini, on 13 January 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

Good thing on EMIL II and Kranvagn is that their turrets are so tough that on flat ground tier 10 non-TD HEAT is unreliable, especially against Kranvagn, and when hulldown Kranvagn reaches ~450mm effective turret armor.

 

the main gripe of mine is the 250 effective mantle Emil1 has. Emil2 gets 360 effective on the mantle alone. that cheered me up allot. plus the sides not triple overmatch anymore, its not great.... but not overmatch...shame the hull front is patheticly weak too but ill take it for the super stronk (actually working) turret this time.

 

Just glad the top and stock gun on Emil2 seems less potato. tho circon did complain about the "still" potato nature of the gun. i dont blame him. tier 9 shouldent have such a thing, need to start getting seriouse with the upgrades, make tanks feel like an upgrade.



The_Georgian_One #24 Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39632 battles
  • 1,875
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

Agree, gun handling & bloom is terrible, guess this is the reason why my average damage is not 3k yet, cause I tend to miss/hit somewhere it shouldn't at least 2-3 shots per game. The turret rotation is superbad too. This is not the best way of balancing a tank. However...it's enough to find a small bump and use gun depression to make turret work. In my twenty something battles I wasn't penned in turret once.

 

Also, I haven't had a single bad game in this tank and that is playing it with stock tracks and engine and with crew that only now reached its full potential after being retrained to 90%.

The only thing I don't understand is the APCR ammo as standard, but that seems to be there across the board for the rest of the line. I guess this is the infamous historical accuracy...



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #25 Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 13 January 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Agree, gun handling & bloom is terrible, guess this is the reason why my average damage is not 3k yet, cause I tend to miss/hit somewhere it shouldn't at least 2-3 shots per game. The turret rotation is superbad too. This is not the best way of balancing a tank. However...it's enough to find a small bump and use gun depression to make turret work. In my twenty something battles I wasn't penned in turret once.

 

Also, I haven't had a single bad game in this tank and that is playing it with stock tracks and engine and with crew that only now reached its full potential after being retrained to 90%.

The only thing I don't understand is the APCR ammo as standard, but that seems to be there across the board for the rest of the line. I guess this is the infamous historical accuracy...

 

and FCM 50t gets better pen than this with preff MM. really pisses me off.

The_Georgian_One #26 Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39632 battles
  • 1,875
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 13 January 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

 

and FCM 50t gets better pen than this with preff MM. really pisses me off.

 

And T32 has worse pen and same mm...and no autoloader. And Caern? What I'm trying to say - it's a balanced tank. Poorly balanced, cause it's balanced by gun bloom, turret movement and pen, but it's balanced. If it had better gun stats they would have to nerf other things.

MR_FIAT #27 Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20423 battles
  • 1,614
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 13 January 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

 

and FCM 50t gets better pen than this with preff MM. really pisses me off.

 

FCM gets preferential for diffrent reason then most others, mainly its complete lack of armor for a heavy it will at best prevent HE from penning. also since when is 212 more then 217? i carry 16 prem shells in my emil but i never felt the need to fire them because i put this tank in a position where it isnt needed. 

Teegetraenk #28 Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20777 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    03-17-2012

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 13 January 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

 

the main gripe of mine is the 250 effective mantle Emil1 has. Emil2 gets 360 effective on the mantle alone. that cheered me up allot. plus the sides not triple overmatch anymore, its not great.... but not overmatch...shame the hull front is patheticly weak too but ill take it for the super stronk (actually working) turret this time.

 

Just glad the top and stock gun on Emil2 seems less potato. tho circon did complain about the "still" potato nature of the gun. i dont blame him. tier 9 shouldent have such a thing, need to start getting seriouse with the upgrades, make tanks feel like an upgrade.

 

If you didn't like the Emil I top gun because of aiming time, flawed accuracy and reloading speed how could you like the Emil II top gun better? Doesn't make sense at all, cause it's worse in all three + has worse dpm. The reality is, you probably used the Emil I wrong or you had unrealistic expectations. Whatever Emil I + II are nice tanks, not OP but fit into the ranks pretty well. I like them. It's very hard to earn your badges and marks on it, which proves that a lot of players achieve very good results with it.

Edited by Teegetraenk, 13 January 2017 - 07:02 PM.


Fluffy_The_Destroyer #29 Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostMR_FIAT, on 13 January 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

 

FCM gets preferential for diffrent reason then most others, mainly its complete lack of armor for a heavy it will at best prevent HE from penning. also since when is 212 more then 217? i carry 16 prem shells in my emil but i never felt the need to fire them because i put this tank in a position where it isnt needed. 

 

212AP is better than 217APCR.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #30 Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostTeegetraenk, on 13 January 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

 

If you didn't like the Emil I top gun because of aiming time, flawed accuracy and reloading speed how could you like the Emil II top gun better?

 

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:emil-ii.c:emil-i

 

Wtf u on about mate? i said the gun handling is bad on Emil1. top gun AND stock gun bloom/aimtime values are better on Emil2. Gee wonder why id want to go up a tier?

 

Dont try make out im a bad player when you dont even know wtf you talking about.

 

 

 


Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 13 January 2017 - 08:33 PM.


Teegetraenk #31 Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20777 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    03-17-2012

I took the stats out of the game.

 

reloading between shots: Emil I: 3 Emil II: 3,33

reloading between clips: Emil I: 34 secs Emil II: 40 secs

damage per minute: Emil I: 1786 Emil II: 1920 - that is tricky because with the Emil I top gun on the Emil II you have more dmp than with the top gun --> 1969, so with the 2 options avaible on the Emil II, the top gun is worse

accuracy: Emil I: 0,38 Emil II: 0,38 --> like with the dpm the Emil I top gun on the Emil II has accuracy 0,36

aim time: Emil I: 3,2 Emil II: 2,8

 

I don't know what tricky scenario you put up on your cool tool but these are the numbers provided by the game and despite the pen and alpha damage the Emil II top gun is harder to handle in most ways than the Emil I top gun. So I really don't know how you can rant about the Emil I top gun handling for (p)ages and then be happy with the Emil II top gun handling in the end.

 

I don't think you're a bad player but I think you're a whiny little girl. Deal with it.

 


Edited by Teegetraenk, 13 January 2017 - 10:01 PM.


Fluffy_The_Destroyer #32 Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:48 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostTeegetraenk, on 13 January 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

I took the stats out of the game.

 

reloading between shots: Emil I: 3 Emil II: 3,33

reloading between clips: Emil I: 34 secs Emil II: 40 secs

damage per minute: Emil I: 1786 Emil II: 1920 - that is tricky because with the Emil I top gun on the Emil II you have more dmp than with the top gun --> 1969, so with the 2 options avaible on the Emil II, the top gun is worse

accuracy: Emil I: 0,38 Emil II: 0,38 --> like with the dpm the Emil I top gun on the Emil II has accuracy 0,36

aim time: Emil I: 3,2 Emil II: 2,8

 

I don't know what tricky scenario you put up on your cool tool but these are the numbers provided by the game and despite the pen and alpha damage the Emil II top gun is harder to handle in most ways than the Emil I top gun. So I really don't know how you can rant about the Emil I top gun handling for (p)ages and then be happy with the Emil II top gun handling in the end.

 

I don't think you're a bad player but I think you're a whiny little girl. Deal with it.

 

 

Bloom values are something you cant see in game. they are hidden stats and they heavily influence how bad/good a gun handles overall.

 

Also dont get butthurt because you cant handle facts, i pointed out ONLY gun handling. DPM, shell time between shots, reload are NOT gun handling, they are overall performance of the gun. stop grasping as straws and leave the damd thread.

 

Take your petty insults with you.


Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 13 January 2017 - 10:48 PM.


Teegetraenk #33 Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20777 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    03-17-2012

So you say that not even WG don't make all stats visible (I give you that) but they actually lie and put out fantasy numbers (I rather don't believe that). Anyway I come from the numbers ingame so if they are different in "reality" I give you that. Doesn't seem much reasonable though, does it? Even more so if some tool can expose it. 

 

Anyway.. you start with the strawgrasping, telling us the tank is crapbecause of not even all facts of its guns - wtf?! I just listed all stats available ingame. You sound bitter from the first to the last word in every of your postings. This can't be healthy longterm, you know?

 

Fact is, all three Swedish heavy tanks perform very good as you can see on how much XP you need to get the badges. 

 

btw, I decide when to leave the thread. ;)



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #34 Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:25 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostTeegetraenk, on 13 January 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

So you say that not even WG don't make all stats visible (I give you that) but they actually lie and put out fantasy numbers (I rather don't believe that). Anyway I come from the numbers ingame so if they are different in "reality" I give you that. Doesn't seem much reasonable though, does it? Even more so if some tool can expose it. 

 

Anyway.. you start with the strawgrasping, telling us the tank is crapbecause of not even all facts of its guns - wtf?! I just listed all stats available ingame. You sound bitter from the first to the last word in every of your postings. This can't be healthy longterm, you know?

 

Fact is, all three Swedish heavy tanks perform very good as you can see on how much XP you need to get the badges. 

 

btw, I decide when to leave the thread. ;)

 

Healthy? im playing WoT, pretty sure i dont have long left to live if i keep playing at this rate. :trollface:

 

Pretty sure everyone knew about Tanks.gg as its a site that shows the most up to date hidden/real stats that seriously make people think twice about grinding a tank or not. i dident understand when you was calling me out about this "hokus pokus" site like it was black magic or something. im not gonna show you fake stats mate.;)

 

I might moan and whine allot, this i admit, as im terrible when it comes to typing out replies and often comes out that way.

 

All three perform only as good as the player, uniums can make the amx 40 work id bet. im no amazing player. i do carry my own weight majority of the matches (see my real stats totally my friends stats and not mine. :trollface:, i havent touched a sealclubber tank in years) and id say after 1.5k wn8 id have a right to judge a tank wether its good or bad. and majorit of the unicums i see play these tanks say the same thing, potato guns.

 

Also you can stay in the thread as long as you bring up counter facts and no more insults. i generally like conversations about tanks. it tends to end up nasty tho.



SmellyOne #35 Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21664 battles
  • 1,419
  • Member since:
    05-26-2011

View PostTeegetraenk, on 13 January 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

So you say that not even WG don't make all stats visible (I give you that) but they actually lie and put out fantasy numbers (I rather don't believe that). Anyway I come from the numbers ingame so if they are different in "reality" I give you that. Doesn't seem much reasonable though, does it? Even more so if some tool can expose it. 

 

Anyway.. you start with the strawgrasping, telling us the tank is crapbecause of not even all facts of its guns - wtf?! I just listed all stats available ingame. You sound bitter from the first to the last word in every of your postings. This can't be healthy longterm, you know?

 

Fact is, all three Swedish heavy tanks perform very good as you can see on how much XP you need to get the badges. 

 

btw, I decide when to leave the thread. ;)

 

I dont think this matters much because it mostly the very good players who are grinding these tanks so soon. This crowd would have higher stats in pretty much any tank. Doesnt mean its a good tank tho.

 

I just finished grinding Emil 2 the other day (Kranvagn is unlocked) and neither Emil 1 nor Emil 2 are good tanks. Their guns in particular and very long reload times make them situational at best.



Amkal #36 Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25552 battles
  • 1,007
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-
  • Member since:
    08-26-2012

All i see in this thread is useless banter about some tanks ppl wished would be much more op than they actually are. Go play tvp vtu or foch and tell me again emil 1+2 are unreliable/bad. 

Bottom line is, if u dont like it - dont play it. Nobody forces you to qq bc of some tank u choose to play.



Rtz_Wayttian #37 Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20757 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    04-26-2013
I personnaly prefered Emil I over the Emil II. Even tough it has better alpha damage, the gun handling seems to me, at best, as bad as Emil I (I want to say worst but apparently the "stats" are better ...), the mobility, the turret traverse, the shell velocity, etc, were so awful ... And now I unlocked and played a bit with the Kranvagn, I thought I had gone two tiers further. It's so much better in every aspect, and I don't even know why but I have the impressions that the shells fly faster, I may be mistaken. It was a nice surpise, because in general, tier 10 are just an "improvement" of the tier 9 tank, but in this case, it's a completely deferente tech three, the kranvagn is GOOD (not as good as pre-nerf, and not OP either IMO) !!!

MadYOLOPotato #38 Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32470 battles
  • 957
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012
the tank got potato gun thats it lol 

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #39 Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

Its really f**king pathetic when you try use your gundep only to get sent back to the garage by a single shot from an arty. the turret is really crap. T29 doesent get a giant paper turret and a instant pen side hull armor. arty looks at this thing and its game over. they need to buff the armor a bit around the sides/turret back to stop arty 1 shotting this thing.

 

Full gundep looking directly at T34, he went right threw my turret cheek. this thing is f*** terrible. its turret traverse is horrible to boot.


Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 15 January 2017 - 11:58 PM.


The_Georgian_One #40 Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:31 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39632 battles
  • 1,875
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

You really need to stop playing this tank, Fluffy. Apparently it doesn't fit your playstyle...

Tier Mastery badge Vehicle Nation Type Win rate Battles survived battles destroyed per battle spotted average damage damage dealt / received hit percent Efficiency rating WN8
8 class-ace.png Emil I sweden.png heavy.png 78.00% 50 60.00% 1.86 1.36 2,372 2.46 83.31% 1662.92 3364.29





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users