Match Making

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Furija111 #1 Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7351 battles
I think it's time to change the system assembling teams in random battles. It no longer makes sense. So far, teams are assembled according tier tanks and approximately similar number of HT, TD, MT, etc.
However, no attention is paid to the player experience, but it often happens that one team finds 7-8 novice or totally bad players with an average of 20% of the shots, and on the other hand is 4-5 top players with 70 or more percent of the shots. This battle is doomed, I guess you could set up a server to the rate WN8 one server is for beginners and bad players, but some are killed and spend their time and money, and that the other servers play players with a better rating by WN8.
This tearing of the nerves. For example today I had 27 battles in a row and in only 6 did not have at least 5 players in the red by WN8 and normally I lost 21 battle.
It destroys the morale of the players who are trying and wanting to play normally and wisely, and not charge for nothing and perish. The best we have players with a lot of money and 7-8 Premium tanks, battles in 1000, the average experience of the battle of 200, the average damage per battle 150-250 and average accurate shots <30% and normally be destroyed in 2 minutes of the battle, and has a T34 or IS6.
It is time for change.

Dru_UK #2 Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3333 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 12 January 2017 - 03:36 PM.
This post has been moderated by Wg staff member due to inappropriate content

CristianGabriel #3 Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13797 battles

View PostDru_UK, on 11 January 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

[edited]

Such true,much love. :honoring:

Edited by BigBadVuk, 12 January 2017 - 03:36 PM.

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12758 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

XVM and WN8 are nothing to do with WG, they are 3rd party things. 

Maybe it is time to ignore them and concentrate on your own play. Look at the tanks you do well in and play them more, get your crew skills up and elite those tanks. Leave the others in the garage until you have seen an overall improvement in your play, then gradually bring them out. Don't try to rush through the tanks just to get higher tiers as that will not change anything. In fact it could make it worse.  

DaBohnenstange #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3649 battles
  • [NXD] NXD
By the way: There so many Threads about the MM. And your idea is not new and permanently discussed in this threads. Why a new Thread?

pasomnica__SVK #6 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30872 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Are you aware you are also player of doom, right? So focus more on improving your own gameplay.

Biggest problem of MM is unequal distribution of tank classes, not skill.

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35314 battles

Been suggested a number of times and players are split on the idea.

My view of online gaming is that each game offers a more or less equal chance for both teams to win then depending on how those players perform and the actions of chance one side wins.

Most online games you have no idea as to the level of skill of the players wot for good or bad has xvm attempting to add this to the game and even if it isn't accurate it has a bad effect on the game.

I use xvm for other functions but I would wish that at least for random games players had no information about win rate and number of battles of players it just causes too many problems.

Then I can concentrate on the things the MM actually gets wrong and that's the tanks making up both teams.

Yes I find it annoying when the enemy team have some apparently better players on their team especially if they are in the top spot, but im also concerned about the actual tanks.

Had a game a few weeks back enemy team 3 IS3s in a platoon all green winrates so 50%.

Our team 1 heavy 2 mediums in the same spot and all players red or orange and noit in a platoon.

While I prefer more balance of skilled players its minor to matching very powerful heavy tanks against mediums. esp if they are platooned.

According to comments by wargaming they are considering rating vehicles by their roll in the game rather than just type.

That might work out better.

So match the tanks a little better and remove all stats of players in randoms.

Then at least we can save all the comments about team quality overpowered enemy tanks and maybe even stop players suiciding or playing like complete idiots because they think they are wasting their time playing this particular game.

Random games should be more about random tank mixes and how they fight each other the problem is most teams make no adjustment to their game when the team is unbalanced.

No scouts, lots of TDs no heavies then change the way you play that game.

Gleb_Reawer #8 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28794 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostFurija111, on 10 January 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

I think it's time to change the system assembling teams in random battles. It no longer makes sense. So far, teams are assembled according tier tanks and approximately similar number of HT, TD, MT, etc.
However, no attention is paid to the player experience, but it often happens that one team finds 7-8 novice or totally bad players with an average of 20% of the shots, and on the other hand is 4-5 top players with 70 or more percent of the shots. This battle is doomed, I guess you could set up a server to the rate WN8 one server is for beginners and bad players, but some are killed and spend their time and money, and that the other servers play players with a better rating by WN8.
This tearing of the nerves. For example today I had 27 battles in a row and in only 6 did not have at least 5 players in the red by WN8 and normally I lost 21 battle.
It destroys the morale of the players who are trying and wanting to play normally and wisely, and not charge for nothing and perish. The best we have players with a lot of money and 7-8 Premium tanks, battles in 1000, the average experience of the battle of 200, the average damage per battle 150-250 and average accurate shots <30% and normally be destroyed in 2 minutes of the battle, and has a T34 or IS6.
It is time for change.

#1 Separating players by skill would only lead to players creating mutliple accounts in order to be able to play on the beginner/bad player server AKA smurfing when they don't feel like playing on the "skilled" server. Or playing bad on purpose to get moved back down to the bad player server.

#2 XVM is bad for most players because if you see that you have a worse team than the enemies you already get in to a losing state of mind "why try, this is lost anyways" And as already pointed out, XVM has nothing to do with WG. And even WG's own player rating is poop, just check what stats are used to determine it. Example: average XP, thus players with prem acc will get higer rating.

#3 The players with lots of prem tanks and horrible stats are powergridning to get to what they think is the end game and a "I win button". When the reality is that once they have their T10 of choice they will fail even harder. This created the Terrible E-100 driver meme.

#4 MM is fair because it's equally unfair on everyone.

BigBadVuk #9 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

• Senior Moderator
  • 3016 battles
  • [WG] WG

Avoid repetitive threads and use the pinned Mm topic

Closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users