• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Wizkiddd #1 Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10825 battles
  • [SMOKY] SMOKY

My WoT Suggestions:

1. Matchmaker should be completly redone.
-It is really ok to choose players based on their tier level (exactly like it's done now); players tier ± 2 tiers (this should also apply for LT),
-First of all, you should take into consideration the players Personal Rating (Wn8 or anything else), so that a very good player will not be stuck in a team of noobs and ruin his rating,
-The crew skills should also be taken into consideration (I don't think I need to explain why 2 same tanks can be SO different because of skilled crew),
-The type of guns (at least just the gun) that is used by player is also a factor (stock gun cannot be compared with other guns that can be researched),
-Number of Premium tanks should be equal in both teams,
-Number of platoons should be always equal,
-At least the number of HT should be eqal on both teams (difference between a Tiger II and an IS-3 for ex, is anyway big enough).

2. Maps
-Maps should not be reworked, just restricted to tier levels. (we get tiny maps for tier 8+ battles which is really bad for TDs and HT),
-Old maps should be brought back, at least some of them (Hidden Village, Komarin, Pacific Island, Pearl River, Port, Dragons Ridge, Severogorsk, Northwest, South Coast),
-The map rotation is very small (you get like 5-6 maps everyday, and there are maps that you get ridiculously often.
-If you don't return the maps to Random Battles, at least make a new game mode where the players can choose one of the old maps (you can also get some feedback about the maps, and maybe they could then get reworked back into the game).

3. Players
-It was absolutely perfect that the chat with the enemy is gone BUT... the chat between allies should also go! The only good things I can see in the chat is GL or HF, the rest of it just SPAM or insults.
-The only chat available should be between platoon mates (pre-Battle or formed during Battle),
-Reloading, Follow me, Halt, Fall back and all this should still remain.
The thing is, everything should remain exaclty as it is, except the possibility of talking whatever anyone wants.
-I have no ideea how the REPORT system works but as far as I am concerned IT DOES NOT,
-Every player has 10/10 complaints against him available...OK. This should be available for 10 Battles. If a players gets to 10 reports during 5-10 battles, he should get a 24h BAN,
-After each 10 battles, the 10 complaints should be refilled,
-If a player shoots one allie member on purpose he should get 48h BAN. Each time someone shoots an allie he get 48h and when he reaches 5 he gets 1 week. (this system of bans can work in so many ways and it can only get players to respect each other more, and respect the game).
-Before a players gets banned the replays of the respective players battles shoud be revised to make sure the reports are legit.

4. Overall
-Please try to focus on players, on the quality of the game and not on how to make more money.
-I understand the concept of the "free" game and I really enjoy having the possibility of getting new Premium tanks but please do not forget that the vast majority of the players do not have the money to buy premium tanks, premium accounts, gold, or any other thing in the premium shop.
This gives the vast majority of players a clear disadvantage in the game. (it takes you about 4 months to get to tier X, if you play a lot, and only in that tank, while if you have money, it takes you 1 h to reasearch all using gold).
-RNG is becoming ridiculous. In 90% of the cases: you penetrate 5 shoots in a row, you leave the enemy at 1 shoot, but your last shell does not penetrate. Too often now. Plus a bunch of other really ridiculous stuff (I admit, it's funny when you are at the receiving end).

-Combat mods/cheats

-Make same offers available in the Premium Shop for all servers. (I understand that different parts of the globe are richer than other but that is also true for example on just the EU server. Western countries are richer than Eastern countries). The prices are anyway exagerated in most cases (especialy for those "rare" tier II-tier V tanks bundled with huge amounts of gold). I for example would like to buy some rare tanks, just for the collection, but I really do not need the gold. (ex: I would like to buy the BT-SV, but without gold and at a resonable price for it's tier)

Most important I thinks, still remains the MM and the old maps, which we all miss.

Hope at least 1% of these sugestions will be taken into consideration at least, but I really think that most of them could be agreed upon by many players.

Feel free to add you own and to comment on what I said. Thank you

Hellfoxe #2 Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21516 battles

1) Abuse of the report system by 10 resport everyone get a fast temporary ban

2) Mm is getting tired some if everyone using account don't even match the skills and there is not enough tanks to get decent balance in mm.

3) Team damage is difference then team kill leave the system like it is.

4) Old maps are removed with a reason some maps are having to good advantage for opposing team.

5) Global chat was used for revealing friendly postion and dead tank don't speak.

basin79 #3 Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

General

• Player
  • 15127 battles
If MM considered and used your idea just how long would you be waiting for a battle?

Wizkiddd #4 Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10825 battles
  • [SMOKY] SMOKY

It is true, but these are sugestions not soultions. I am no expert, nor in game developing (or whatever it takes to make these changes), nor in WoT (I am an avarege noob of the game)

I bet some of the Brains at wargaming can figure out what to do about the MM if they stop thinking only about how to get more money.

basin79 #5 Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

General

• Player
  • 15127 battles

View PostWizkiddd, on 11 January 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

It is true, but these are sugestions not soultions. I am no expert, nor in game developing (or whatever it takes to make these changes), nor in WoT (I am an avarege noob of the game)

I bet some of the Brains at wargaming can figure out what to do about the MM if they stop thinking only about how to get more money.

I hope they do nothing. MM is fair because everyone gets the same deal over time. I've been massively grateful to have a phenomenal player(s)  on my team who have carried me to victory. I've also enjoyed facing complete plumbs that have enabled me to have some great games. 

Stock guns these days aren't that bad with being able to fire prem rounds. Only having gold rounds a while back meant stock guns where terrible.

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 14834 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
A suggestion from me on
3.) Players
They should git gud.

Why am i not surprised when i see a topic like this and take a look at player stats...

Spotzwood #7 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25275 battles
  • [KOK] KOK

View PostWizkiddd, on 11 January 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

4. Overall
-Please try to focus on players, on the quality of the game and not on how to make more money.
-I understand the concept of the "free" game and I really enjoy having the possibility of getting new Premium tanks but please do not forget that the vast majority of the players do not have the money to buy premium tanks, premium accounts, gold, or any other thing in the premium shop.
This gives the vast majority of players a clear disadvantage in the game. (it takes you about 4 months to get to tier X, if you play a lot, and only in that tank, while if you have money, it takes you 1 h to reasearch all using gold).

So, by this reasoning, the vast majority of players have contributed nothing in terms of the cash/captial needed to help develop the game.  They already get a "free" game, why should they get additional benefits above those who actually pay?  Sorry if this sounds a bit snotty, but what do people expect for nothing?  

Wizkiddd #8 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10825 battles
  • [SMOKY] SMOKY
I do agree with you here...I did buy my gooood share of premium tanks and prem account since I really started playing (about 2k battles ago)....but I think all players should get a bit of a better chance...

Noodl_ #9 Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10753 battles

The primary thing MM needs doing to it is knowing how to balance the teams properly. 8 TDs vs 0, or 5 heavy armour HTs vs papers/meds is not fair composition. Other than that, it's just down to the players not being derps. 

If team chat goes, the game will just feel like playing against bots. I miss global chat, losing team chat would be a disaster. Your report suggestion would be totally abused, and no staff member will sit there and review replays, this is WG remember. 

jabster #10 Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12131 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostWizkiddd, on 11 January 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

I do agree with you here...I did buy my gooood share of premium tanks and prem account since I really started playing (about 2k battles ago)....but I think all players should get a bit of a better chance...

Can't say I agree with you. It's those players that keep the servers running so surely they deserve an advantage which in the case of WoT is based around time and not in-game advantage.

basin79 #11 Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 15127 battles

View Postjabster, on 11 January 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Can't say I agree with you. It's those players that keep the servers running so surely they deserve an advantage which in the case of WoT is based around time and not in-game advantage.

Cannot agree more. The perk the non paying players get is a free game with nothing game breaking unavailable to them.

What the paying players get is faster progression, more credits and the non paying players keeping up the server numbers.

Flavortown #12 Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12682 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostWizkiddd, on 11 January 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

gold or premium tanks(except few) dont give players any advantages in the game, just gives wallet warriors like me, the ability to skip to high tiers. 

other than that 

1.no, they are working on a template to fix the tank type balance in games. if you cant handle high tiers, go back to lower tier.

2.less city maps and more larger open maps insted of the cluster [edited]that are, enks, ruinberg, etc...

3. If you cant handle players calling yous shite ( which sorry but not sorry you are), you can turn off the team chat yourself from the settings. it keeps the command things on still i think.

No, i dont need [edited]spam reportting leading into autoban, theres allready the teamhitting autoban which is good enough for the truly special folk.

4.git + gud = gitgud. if you cannot handle the path of the wallet warrior, then suffer the poorfag way. And you should probably stop accusing players of using cheats as an scapegoat for you being not that great at the game.

markthekiller #13 Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15469 battles
  • [EMOJI] EMOJI

I don't get why people still compain about mm or arty. WG already said they are going to fixing them so all you need is some patience.

https://www.youtube....h?v=5PGnHPPpFwE (go to 0:40)

unhappy_bunny #14 Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15672 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostWizkiddd, on 11 January 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

My WoT Suggestions:

1. Matchmaker should be completly redone.
-It is really ok to choose players based on their tier level (exactly like it's done now); players tier ± 2 tiers (this should also apply for LT), 

Yes it is ok, in my opinion, although it is the TANK that has the tier not the player. 
-First of all, you should take into consideration the players Personal Rating (Wn8 or anything else), so that a very good player will not be stuck in a team of noobs and ruin his rating,

Why? There is no prize for getting to a certain level, tier wise nor stats wise. Ratings only have meaning for the individual's self-esteem, so what does a small %age drop on WN8 or WR really do? Does it lose the player money? Or what?  
-The crew skills should also be taken into consideration (I don't think I need to explain why 2 same tanks can be SO different because of skilled crew),

I would think that the MM calculation is complicated enough at the moment without adding another factor into the equation. Play a tank a few more times and the crew skills will have gone up.
-The type of guns (at least just the gun) that is used by player is also a factor (stock gun cannot be compared with other guns that can be researched),

Again, why add another factor into the MM equation? Why does 1 or 2 battles become so important to players? After a few battles upgraded modules will be available and soon a tank will be at top specification. 
-Number of Premium tanks should be equal in both teams,

Again, why? Premium tanks in the main carry no advantage as far as fighting a battle goes. They earn extra credits and XP which helps the grind in ordinary tanks, and gets crew skills up quicker, but that is really all they should do.
-Number of platoons should be always equal,

Platooning can give an advantage, but that depends on the skill of the players in the platoon. It is only really the better comms that provide an advantage as you could have a good player helping a poorer player learn to play better. 
-At least the number of HT should be eqal on both teams (difference between a Tiger II and an IS-3 for ex, is anyway big enough).

So you would be happy to have 3 Tigers in your team and 3 IS-3's in the enemy? Or would you want 1 Tiger and 1 IS-3 on each team? MM is supposed to weigh each tank and distribute the available tanks as evenly as possible. If it has to ensure the number of each class matches as well as balancing the weight of the tanks, that is yet another factor in the equation and the system would slow down considerably.

2. Maps
-Maps should not be reworked, just restricted to tier levels. (we get tiny maps for tier 8+ battles which is really bad for TDs and HT), 

I would like to see some of the smaller maps made larger rather than restricted to tiers, but I do understand your point. 
-Old maps should be brought back, at least some of them (Hidden Village, Komarin, Pacific Island, Pearl River, Port, Dragons Ridge, Severogorsk, Northwest, South Coast),

I would be happy to see some of the old maps returned. I used to enjoy some of those you listed. 
-The map rotation is very small (you get like 5-6 maps everyday, and there are maps that you get ridiculously often. 

I find this is more of a problem when I keep switching tanks, rather than if I play the same tank, but I agree it does become annoying to get the same map 3 times in a row and a dozen times in a session. 
-If you don't return the maps to Random Battles, at least make a new game mode where the players can choose one of the old maps (you can also get some feedback about the maps, and maybe they could then get reworked back into the game).

The only real problem with this is if insufficient player choose the option or the same map. It limits MM ability to produce 2 teams and would lead to longer wait times and possibly less balanced teams.

3. Players
-It was absolutely perfect that the chat with the enemy is gone BUT... the chat between allies should also go! The only good things I can see in the chat is GL or HF, the rest of it just SPAM or insults.
-The only chat available should be between platoon mates (pre-Battle or formed during Battle),
-Reloading, Follow me, Halt, Fall back and all this should still remain.
The thing is, everything should remain exaclty as it is, except the possibility of talking whatever anyone wants.

I am happy that inter-team chat was removed, and I agree that some team chat is less than desirable, but overall I find times when it is useful. Problem is, this is the Interweb thingy and people sometime abuse the facilities.Sad but true.
-I have no ideea how the REPORT system works but as far as I am concerned IT DOES NOT,
-Every player has 10/10 complaints against him available...OK. This should be available for 10 Battles. If a players gets to 10 reports during 5-10 battles, he should get a 24h BAN,
-After each 10 battles, the 10 complaints should be refilled,

My opinion is that if you increase the number of reports, you allow an increase in abuse of the system. You only have to look at recent days postings to see that some players will use the reports according to their perception of "fair play", for instance reports a player of Arty for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" just because that player doesn't like arty in the game.
-If a player shoots one allie member on purpose he should get 48h BAN. Each time someone shoots an allie he get 48h and when he reaches 5 he gets 1 week. (this system of bans can work in so many ways and it can only get players to respect each other more, and respect the game).

-Before a players gets banned the replays of the respective players battles shoud be revised to make sure the reports are legit.

That would be ideal, but who is going to have the time to review all the battles and decide where the fault, if any, lay? My guess is that over a day, that would be enough work to keep a team of 10 people busy, if not more.

4. Overall

Is that really a problem? It could well be that spending more battles grinding a tank, give you better experience with the game than rushing on to the next tank. OK it may make your stats lower, but then that matter only if you are obsessed with them. Of course, once you reach your TX tank, you may then have the problem that you have not had enough experience and your stats suffer anyway. And TX, big deal. Read the forums and most of the whinging is coming from players in TX battles, or so it seems to me. Certainly when they post screenshots of "bad MM" or "useless teams" they mainly seem to be of TX battles.
-RNG is becoming ridiculous. In 90% of the cases: you penetrate 5 shoots in a row, you leave the enemy at 1 shoot, but your last shell does not penetrate. Too often now. Plus a bunch of other really ridiculous stuff (I admit, it's funny when you are at the receiving end).

-Combat mods/cheats

Mods I have no problem with. Everyone can use them or not if they want. They are freely available. Cheats I agree should be banned and from what I have seen WG are trying to combat this. 

-Make same offers available in the Premium Shop for all servers. (I understand that different parts of the globe are richer than other but that is also true for example on just the EU server. Western countries are richer than Eastern countries). The prices are anyway exagerated in most cases (especialy for those "rare" tier II-tier V tanks bundled with huge amounts of gold). I for example would like to buy some rare tanks, just for the collection, but I really do not need the gold. (ex: I would like to buy the BT-SV, but without gold and at a resonable price for it's tier)

Most important I thinks, still remains the MM and the old maps, which we all miss.

Hope at least 1% of these sugestions will be taken into consideration at least, but I really think that most of them could be agreed upon by many players.

Feel free to add you own and to comment on what I said. Thank you

I enjoyed your post. It was refreshing to see, even if I do not agree with all of it, I understand what you were suggesting.

Wizkiddd #15 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10825 battles
  • [SMOKY] SMOKY
I do understand all of you but it seems to me that most of the comments I received are from people that did not understand my suggestions as a whole, but looked particulary to find these as my own problem because I am not a good player...
I understand though....and I admit, taking into consideration my stats I am a very bad player.
I have to say though that I play this game for fun....I started playing it more for stats in the last 2k or so battles. I am in constant search for new ways of improving myself, but not many players are willing to say anything positiv...it's like they are stuck with saying noob or anything else negative.
And I can handle TX battles, I never said that I couldn't...I can handle my "shite"....sorry I am not good enough for you Flavortown...but my 2 h at most/day don't allow my to have a shite as good as yours.
I reached all my T IX tanks through work not gold, I have about 10-12 premium tanks and I always play on a premium account....
All in all, I am sorry that my suggestions offended so many of the very good players of this GAME.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users