Buying new PC, what settings will it run at?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: What option do u vote for? (U dont have to vote) (4 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

For graphics, wich one is the best?

1. The first PC. (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. The second PC. (1 vote [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. The third PC. (1 vote [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

For FPS, what is best of them? So I can get the right GPU and CPU.

1. The first PC. (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. The second PC. (1 vote [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. The third PC. (1 vote [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Hide poll

Kevka03 #1 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10002 battles

So, Im gunna finally buy me a gaming PC. After saving for 2 years I can buy one! But, I really want to buy the right one. So I have a few options, both can be upgraded cus my budget is quite wide. But here is option number 1   https://www.gladiato...re/config/62033        

It can be upgraded down below with whatever i need. I have 2000 £ to spend but I really want 3 or so monitors. Or maybe 1 very good with a nice keyboard. What do u guys think about it? Will it run at max, med or high? Anyways, here is the next one :

https://www.gladiato...e/config/65215 

Really liking this one. But, I really want to run wot at its finest beuty with some good fps. But I am also a gold nub so I will spend som money on the game :P  So, here is one more option for me. I think theese will run at a good speed with noice Graphics. But what do u guys think. Here is the last one : 

https://www.gladiato...re/config/66413

But with an i5 CPU instead of a crappy i3. I really hope u guys got my back on this one. Thanks for the suport for thoose who answer. I will happily answer u guys answers as soon as I can. Hear from you soon :)

Thanks for the help guys, but Im not experienced with computers. And I really dont know what I need to buy to get a good PC and build it myself. Can u guys link me parts for a computer or something. I have never built one myself before. I really apriciete the suport, but I dont know what everything oes 100% yet and what would be the best. It would be awesome if u guys could link me some parts for a good PC for around 700-8500£. Thanks again guys :)    The money I want to spend is around 700 - 860 £. So I have money left for other stuff. Evan if I would like to upgrade it.

Edited by Kevka03, 18 January 2017 - 07:06 PM.

Kdingo #2 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31984 battles
2nd and 3rd links send me to their homepage so no clue what those are supposed to be.

basin79 #3 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
Before you send anything check out Chillblast. They built my pc and are fantastic. Give them your specs or choose to edit an existing one. Can't hurt to look.

http://www.chillblast.com/

Edited by basin79, 17 January 2017 - 08:29 PM.

thiextar #4 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15416 battles
Dont ever buy premade pc:s even if you can customize all of the parts, it is way cheaper and better to just buy parts and build your own rig. Also, never heard about gladiator before, but i know that chillblast is overpriced af.

Edited by thiextar, 17 January 2017 - 08:33 PM.

basin79 #5 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View Postthiextar, on 17 January 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Dont ever buy premade pc:s even if you can customize all of the parts, it is way cheaper and better to just buy parts and build your own rig. Also, never heard about gladiator before, but i know that chillblast is overpriced af.

That's what I always assumed. I'd priced all the parts up and just had a look at all the money I'd be saving building my own. Massively surprised to find the PC I'd priced up to build was MORE expensive than buying one built for me. 

No idea if it's the same now as this was around 3-4 years ago. 

thiextar #6 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15416 battles

3-4 years might aswell be 100 years when it comes to tech, also most of the money is saved by choosing the right parts and calculating the cheapest way to get all of the parts by buying from different sites (you have to include freight costs so not as easy as it sounds) Anyhow, i am curious, why would you buy an aftermarket cpu cooler for a cpu which cannot be overclocked? If you buy an intel cpu, make sure that it has a k at the end of its name, that means that it can be overclocked, if you dont want to overclock and you dont live in a really hot country, you can stick with a stock cooler for intel. Since you seem to be on a low budget, i would recommend going for a good i3 k cpu with a good cooler and overclocking it. For budget computers, i3 is way more priceworthy than both i5 and i7. I would also strongly recommend buying a 128gb ssd for windows since it will make your computer feel like a ferrari rather than your moms old volvo. Another thing to note is that you should probably go for cracked win 10 pro rather than buying win 10 standard since you are on a budget.

Also, make sure to always buy ram sticks in sets of 4, by buying just one 8gb stick rahter than 4 2gb sticks, you are effectively limiting the clock speed to 25% of what it could be

Also, about your poll, fps and graphics are pretty much the same thing, if you have a computer with x amount of performance, you can always trade graphics for fps and vice versa.

Edited by thiextar, 17 January 2017 - 08:55 PM.

ATAG_Monkeynut #7 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8318 battles
  • [761ST] 761ST
I used to think cheaper to build your own, but it can depend. I've priced up my last 2 pcs as parts and built and built came out slightly cheaper.

I'd recommend going for the best graphics card/processor and ram you can stretch to, future proof it as much as possible. With your budget I'd go for a 1070/80 rather than 1050.

I'm probably going to upgrade this year, still running a i7 2600k, gtx580 16gb ram bought in 2011 at the moment, it runs the game reasonably well at high settings, but I want to have a go at VR! I got my last couple of pcs from Dino PC, might be worth checking them out, they always used to be competitive on price.

basin79 #8 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View Postthiextar, on 17 January 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

3-4 years might aswell be 100 years when it comes to tech, also most of the money is saved by choosing the right parts and calculating the cheapest way to get all of the parts by buying from different sites (you have to include freight costs so not as easy as it sounds) Anyhow, i am curious, why would you buy an aftermarket cpu cooler for a cpu which cannot be overclocked? If you buy an intel cpu, make sure that it has a k at the end of its name, that means that it can be overclocked, if you dont want to overclock and you dont live in a really hot country, you can stick with a stock cooler for intel. Since you seem to be on a low budget, i would recommend going for a good i3 k cpu with a good cooler and overclocking it. For budget computers, i3 is way more priceworthy than both i5 and i7. I would also strongly recommend buying a 128gb ssd for windows since it will make your computer feel like a ferrari rather than your moms old volvo. Another thing to note is that you should probably go for cracked win 10 pro rather than buying win 10 standard since you are on a budget.

Also, about your poll, fps and graphics are pretty much the same thing, if you have a computer with x amount of performance, you can always trade graphics for fps and vice versa.

3-4 years is an age with regards to a pc but it was cheaper although admittedly I only priced everything up on a couple of sites from what I can remember.

PC's are bloody marvellous but bloody hell they cost you some money.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postthiextar, on 17 January 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Dont ever buy premade pc:s even if you can customize all of the parts, it is way cheaper and better to just buy parts and build your own rig.

Pretty much, yes. But since I'm not familiar with that stuff, I leave the last part to my computer guy, which still comes a lot cheaper than taking one of those overpriced ones with lots of fancs BS nobody needs.

1ncompetenc3 #10 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36945 battles
Pre-built systems are always the inferior choice. Build your own and you end up with better performance for a lower price (or way better performance for a higher price, depending on your budget and desires), and learning a bit about the hardware comes in handy when you need to fix something (or overclock the snot out of it).

FarCall #11 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6313 battles

View PostKevka03, on 17 January 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

So, Im gunna finally buy me a gaming PC. After saving for 2 years I can buy one! But, I really want to buy the right one. So I have a few options, both can be upgraded cus my budget is quite wide. But here is option number 1   https://www.gladiato...re/config/62033        

It can be upgraded down below with whatever i need. I have 2000 £ to spend but I really want 3 or so monitors. Or maybe 1 very good with a nice keyboard. What do u guys think about it? Will it run at max, med or high? Anyways, here is the next one :

https://www.gladiato...e/config/65215 

Really liking this one. But, I really want to run wot at its finest beuty with some good fps. But I am also a gold nub so I will spend som money on the game :P  So, here is one more option for me. I think theese will run at a good speed with noice Graphics. But what do u guys think. Here is the last one : 

https://www.gladiato...e/config/66413 

But with an i5 CPU instead of a crappy i3. I really hope u guys got my back on this one. Thanks for the suport for thoose who answer. I will happily answer u guys answers as soon as I can. Hear from you soon :)

I'm also toying with a PC upgrade as mine is now 10 years old.  I'm no expert but these guys looked okay.  Bear in mind that WOT is configured for antiques.

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAnvfDBRCXrabLl6-6t-0BEiQAW4SRUPN-dlOa3YGpIorWP9XDORYDgS_xFFh2bm4-R-0yYNwaAlLM8P8HAQ

thiextar #12 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15416 battles
Staaahp with these overpriced sites please. Kevka, since you have 2000 pounds to spend, i would recommend going for something atleast mid range so that the computer will last a while, a 1050ti is rather low end tbh, id recommend going for atleast a 1060, a decent i5 w/noctua d15 cooler(yeah, i know its brown and a bit ugly, but srsly, its THE best cooler in the world and its cheap) this will allow you to overclock your cpu so much so that you wont have to upgrade it for a loooong time. When it comes to ram, i would go with some decent ddr4 in 4x4 configuration(very important) and after that a decent motherboard that allows for overclocking, along with a 120gb samsung 850 evo ssd for windows and a 1-3tb disc for the rest of your stuff. Also, cracked win 10 is really easy to fix, and countrary to what some people say, there will be no complications or issues of any kind, this will save you between 100 to 200 pounds.

Edited by thiextar, 17 January 2017 - 09:14 PM.

ellua #13 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1160 battles

Make sure you get 250GB+ SSD drive.

https://www.overcloc...#Nnh1-.0Nnk1-.3

Edited by ellua, 17 January 2017 - 09:30 PM.

jabster #14 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12555 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 17 January 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Pre-built systems are always the inferior choice. Build your own and you end up with better performance for a lower price (or way better performance for a higher price, depending on your budget and desires), and learning a bit about the hardware comes in handy when you need to fix something (or overclock the snot out of it).

The problem with that is you're assuming that you have both the knowledge to get the right parts and also to put it together.

thiextar #15 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15416 battles
Honestly, its not that difficult, when it comes to finding parts, there are tons of websites that can help you, best places to go is tech related forums where you can discuss with and ask other users. and putting everything together really isnt as difficult as everyone says, if you just take it calm, do one step at a time and follow some youtube guide, its pretty much like building legos.

jabster #16 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12555 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postthiextar, on 17 January 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

Honestly, its not that difficult, when it comes to finding parts, there are tons of websites that can help you, best places to go is tech related forums where you can discuss with and ask other users. and putting everything together really isnt as difficult as everyone says, if you just take it calm, do one step at a time and follow some youtube guide, its pretty much like building legos.

I think you are vastly over estimating the general knowledge of a PC buyer. 

Jigabachi #17 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 17 January 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

I think you are vastly over estimating the general knowledge of a PC buyer. 

Yeah.

I had to exchange the cooler fan on top of the motherboard once and I also refreshed the thermal paste. I guess that already makes me a computer technician, compared to the average user...

I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to assemble and install a new computer. And I also lack the interest in that kind of stuff...

jabster #18 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12555 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostJigabachi, on 17 January 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yeah.

I had to exchange the cooler fan on top of the motherboard once and I also refreshed the thermal paste. I guess that already makes me a computer technician, compared to the average user...

I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to assemble and install a new computer. And I also lack the interest in that kind of stuff...

A guru one thinks!

Aim_Away_From_Face #19 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26 battles

1 - You're not even close to the budget for tri-monitor gaming and having it work nicely and/or with any actual benefit. you'll be way, way, way better off with a really good quality 1440p monitor.

2 - From a £2k budget you should be at least being a GTX1070, Core i7 and 16GB ram with 2TB or more of storage (personal prefernce is a 2TB storage and 1TB hybrid for games) and a 256 M.2 system drive.

3 - You will easily get the most from your money by self-building. It really is amazingly simple. Remember this "Everything only fits in one way." Even then, just go to youtube and find a guide, it real really is dead simple. Only a full on retarded cretin could screw it up.

Here's a possible example with everything for a monster gaming rig and a nice 34" superwide monitor running 3440x1440, far superior to 3 monitors as far as gaming goes and will blitz any game you throw at it.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,969.92
(includes shipping: £23.10)

Edited by Aim_Away_From_Face, 17 January 2017 - 09:54 PM.

TRXnMe #20 Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17301 battles
  • [KHOG] KHOG

The OS can be acquired cheaply by buying an old, genuine, Windows 7 OS disc, then upgrading it to 10, I have done this with 2 PC in the last 6 months, by eBaying with care I've got the Win 7 disc and codes cheaply, £35 and £30 respectively, loaded and then upgraded to Win 10.

The buy vs build argument is still going on!!  In my experience it has always swung between the two, sometimes cheaper to buy, sometimes cheaper to build, the most important thing to me has always been getting a good motherboard and CPU so the basics are sound and can be upgraded as required.  I generally buy built now, but without an OS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users