486 Tournament: Winter Edition

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The weather is getting colder and so are the tournament maps!

The full text of the news item

DoomHerald #2 Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48694 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY
So are the prizes. In the current format the playoffs are a waste of time for most of the players - I win 3, 4 or even 5 battles against stronger opponents than in the group, and still don't take anything more than the group gold, which sucks big time.

Karlie #3 Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

WGL EU Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17420 battles
  • [GIRL_] GIRL_

View PostDoomHerald, on 18 January 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

So are the prizes. In the current format the playoffs are a waste of time for most of the players - I win 3, 4 or even 5 battles against stronger opponents than in the group, and still don't take anything more than the group gold, which sucks big time.

We are sorry that people who are not better than others can´t win the top prizes. I am afraid that is called eSports.

It´s not a mission, it´s a tournament.

Perhaps with more practice the rewards will come one day.

Best

luciffer #4 Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47200 battles
  • [DBWS] DBWS

View PostDoomHerald, on 18 January 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Yes this. We started only playing group stage take gold for first place and we just do not show up on playoffs.

Because playoffs starts at 1024 or 512 and you need to get to top 16 to get some more gold so that is 5 or 6 more battles you need to win (and draw is so easy in 3v3 encounter) to get some more gold.

It is usually time sink to play playoffs for a small chance to get extra gold.

Because it is so easy to draw games in 3v3 encounter due to long cap time and short time matches teams in the playoffs (if they are weaker) can decide to troll better team and just draw games making them both drop out ("We will not go further but neater will you" )

So you need to include some reward for winning each battle in playoffs starting from 1024 round, just example like 50 gold per player per won match in playoffs.

If you need to reorganize gold distribution in group stage and playoff stage so you do not give out more gold then you currently do then so be it but make it worthwhile to play playoffs, not like it is done now, my team was first in group stages meny times but we just do not want to bother another 2 hours with low chances of winning more.

So again my proposal would be something like following:

Ditch the gold for third place just first and second that are going further and make it lower (200/100).

And each won game in playoffs is another 50 gold per player.

And then when 16/32 teams remain stop 50 gold per won match and keep your current system or lower rewards a bit if you want to keep total given gold same as now (cant be bothered to do math).

Or if you want to reward third place because they did something but are not moving on this might also be solution.

Third place gets 100 gold per player, first and second place get exp/free exp/crew/credit boosts and maybe also some maller amount of gold then now, this seems low but you are moving to playoffs where you are getting 50 gold per player per win.

I mean there is so much variations you can do to actually reward participation in group and in playoff stages to make people want to play and advance but you have this bad system at place now.

Example give anyone from 3-10 place in group one exp/free exp/crew/credit boosts for one hour if they participated in tournament (not just signed up and not shown up at matches, meaning they had three players and play the turnament).

I will stop now but if you need some ideas or even some math done so you do not give out more gold then you currently do ask me and i will gladly provide it.

This small tournaments have a great potential but are so poorly executed.

Edited by luciffer, 19 January 2017 - 01:01 PM.

luciffer #5 Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47200 battles
  • [DBWS] DBWS

View PostKarlie, on 19 January 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

We are sorry that people who are not better than others can´t win the top prizes. I am afraid that is called eSports.

Best

And this is bad reasoning.

Actually it is not bad reasoning if you want to make this for small circle of players like 16-32 best teams that are winning this each week.

And no this isn't eSports this are fun cups, eSports are ESL, WGL, and maybe some other 5+ player tournaments but not 3v3 fun cups.

3v3 is a place where you get more casual players involved in different aspects of game like real eSports and get them interested in maybe watching WGL streams because they are playing 3v3 fun cup and want to see some pros and how they play and not just get there to scream TYPE59  TYPE59 TYPE59 hoping they would get that (in)famous type 59.

So as i mention in first sentence bad reasoning...

Edit: mic drop

Edit2: just to clarify my previous post was written before i saw Mods post 

Edited by luciffer, 19 January 2017 - 12:57 PM.

Berbo #6 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

Associate eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 29015 battles
  • [F_T_B] F_T_B

View Postluciffer, on 19 January 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

Yes this. We started only play group stage take good for first place and we just do not show up on playoffs.

Because playoffs starts at 1024 or 512 and you need to get to top 16 to get some more gold so that is 5 or 6 more battles you need to win (and draw is so easy in 3v3 encounter) to get some more gold.

It is usually time sink to play playoffs for a small chance to get extra gold.

Because it is so easy to draw games in 3v3 encounter due to long cap time and short time matches teams in the playoffs (if they are weaker) can decide to troll better team and just draw games making them both drop out ("We will not go further but neater will you").

So you need to include some reward for winning each battle in playoffs starting from 1024 round, just example like 50 gold per player per won match in playoffs.

If you need to reorganize gold distribution in group stage and playoff stage so you do not give out more gold then you currently do then so be it but make it worthwhile to play playoffs, not like it is done now, my team was first in group stages meny times but we just do not want to bother another 2 hours with low chances of winning more.

So again my proposal would be something like following:

Ditch the gold for third place just first and second that are going further and make it lower (200/100).

And each won game in playoffs is another 50 gold per player.

And then when 16/32 teams remain stop 50 gold per won match and keep your current system or lower rewards a bit if you want to keep total given gold same as now (cant be bothered to do math).

Or if you want to reward third place because they did something but are not moving on this might also be solution.

Third place gets 100 gold per player, first and second place get exp/free exp/crew/credit boosts and maybe also some maller amount of gold then now, this seems low but you are moving to playoffs where you are getting 50 gold per player per win.

I mean there is so much variations you can do to actually reward participation in group and in playoff stages to make people want to play and advance but you have this bad system at place now.

Example give anyone from 3-10 place in group one exp/free exp/crew/credit boosts for one hour if they participated in tournament (not just signed up and not shown up at matches, meaning they had three players and play the turnament).

I will stop now but if you need some ideas or even some math done so you do not give out more gold then you currently do ask me and i will gladly provide it.

This small tournaments have a great potential but are so poorly executed.

Hey there!

We're currently working on a system to prevent afk behavior and players who do it may be temporary suspended from tournaments play, so currently you "may" do it, it's a negative behavior and it's affecting others.
Rewards will not be adjusted to give out to more people as they are covering more than enough already and gold per win is something that is definitely out of the question.
Before we had 5% winners from all participants, we increased it roughly 10 times.

Current gold pool and system is performing fine. I'm simply sad by AFK behavior as it's not sportsmanlike at all. Winning a tournament should be a prime motivation, awards are important but shouldn't be the only motivation.

Thanks for your insight/feedback in any case

luciffer #7 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47200 battles
  • [DBWS] DBWS

View PostBerbo, on 19 January 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Hey there!

We're currently working on a system to prevent afk behavior and players who do it may be temporary suspended from tournaments play, so currently you "may" do it, it's a negative behavior and it's affecting others.
Rewards will not be adjusted to give out to more people as they are covering more than enough already and gold per win is something that is definitely out of the question.
Before we had 5% winners from all participants, we increased it roughly 10 times.

Current gold pool and system is performing fine. I'm simply sad by AFK behavior as it's not sportsmanlike at all. Winning a tournament should be a prime motivation, awards are important but shouldn't be the only motivation.

Hay Berbo.

Well i had to get my vent/opinion out.

Just let us know when you introduce penalties for not joining playoffs, at least i will play draw and prevent other team from advancing to next stage (or there is plans to solve this also?).

ZorzDePaloma #8 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35022 battles
  • [DBWS] DBWS
Have you considered chance that if you get a lot of draws, you may not have a winner at all? Or that is fine for you because you wont have to send gold for top teams?

matte40 #9 Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15896 battles
  • [34] 34

View PostDoomHerald, on 18 January 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

View PostKarlie, on 19 January 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Best

I'm sorry to say Karlie but isn't that a bit too agressive way to respond? DoomHerald couldn't be more right. First we wait about 30 minutes to get the playoffs started which starts from RO1024. After that everyone who loses a single match till RO16 just wasted time. So that's 30 min - 2h of wasted time for 3 000 players.

Obviously everyone can't win the top prizes, but does that mean there couldn't be rewards also for the teams that didn't win the tournament? No. And now you have it for 16 teams, which is better than 1, but still should be way more. I'd say at least up to 256 teams and drop the group stage rewards a bit so there's not too much gold given out from you.

The way you currently have just causes teams to stop playing after the group stage because it's a waste of time. The best teams may still keep playing it but even for them just one bad match or like one better opponent makes the whole playoffs just waste of time (at least for the gold, and it's not that good for training also because there's so few battles).

View Postluciffer, on 19 January 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Spoiler

View PostBerbo, on 19 January 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hey there!

I love how you, the admins so often like to say "our tournament is so much better now than years ago". For sure it is but it doesn't mean that it couldn't be better.

And no, the current gold pool is not performing fine as you can read from the players. Or atleast what I'm seeing considering myself. Maybe you could do like a poll that who thinks the reward pool is good and who think it could be better. Give us the number of gold you can give out per week or month so we can give us our opinions. That's how you'd really show us that you care about our opinions and then you'd know if the system is actully performing fine.

And about the article itself, will you really take back the groups of 10 system? And still run the playoffs?

matte40 #10 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15896 battles
  • [34] 34
Oh and BTW who's idea was to delete all the good maps from the tournaments? :sceptic: The map pool looks terrible now.

antskull #11 Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23858 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

what's up with this (World of Tanks Multiplayer Türkiye Turnuvası [TURKISH ONLY]) is every country going to get one? 

If not why not?

If so when?

Karlie #12 Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

WGL EU Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17420 battles
  • [GIRL_] GIRL_

View Postmatte40, on 19 January 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Oh and BTW who's idea was to delete all the good maps from the tournaments? :sceptic: The map pool looks terrible now.

As per the name of this topic: 486 Tournament: Winter Edition

If you check upcoming tournaments, you see next week is back to normal.

View Postantskull, on 20 January 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

what's up with this (World of Tanks Multiplayer Türkiye Turnuvası [TURKISH ONLY]) is every country going to get one? 

If not why not?

If so when?

This tournament is happening in Turkey.

If there will be more Community events where tournament could happen, it will be in more countries. Currently not aware of any other.

KingMarko #13 Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10005 battles
I play turnament 1 vs 3 ... Can u do something for 2 players who singed in for turnament and doesn't play,to give punishmant or something...

Karlie #14 Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

WGL EU Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17420 battles
  • [GIRL_] GIRL_

View PostKingMarko, on 25 January 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

I play turnament 1 vs 3 ... Can u do something for 2 players who singed in for turnament and doesn't play,to give punishmant or something...

They are punished - they lost, you won.

Currently there is no option for punishing players for this.

matte40 #15 Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15896 battles
  • [34] 34

View PostKarlie, on 25 January 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

They are punished - they lost, you won.

Currently there is no option for punishing players for this.

Are you sure he didn't mean his own team mates?

iod222 #16 Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20819 battles
  • [N-R-A] N-R-A

Maybe giving 1 personal rezerve (the botom one 1hour/crew/xp/ watefer), for each victory in playoff and yelow team will play more( y know y have no chance to top 25 why wast 2h for trying to get more gold and dont get anithing usual?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users