Sandbox Server's Second Iteration Begins

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles

Apply now to test revised penetration loss values, accuracy, and alpha damage.

The full text of the news item

Please read Sandbox FAQ before asking questions in this thread!

Edited by Gepard_PH, 19 January 2017 - 11:34 AM.

WhosNachos #2 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22983 battles

Who cares

"Currently, vehicles with very high alpha damage (the JagdPz. E 100, FV 4005, or FV 215b (183)) foster artillery-like gameplay. We’ll try to fix it by reducing excessively high alpha damage of very high-caliber (170+ mm) guns, while also improving their reloading time to keep the DPM unchanged."

Atp > EXP back

"So, jump on board with us and let’s make the game better—together!"

You still do your own .... so pls dont say together.

Rampage Game Mode Withdrawal -> features may be reintroduced to the game in the future. -> 2020?

Game getting still worse and worse, take more of content players want and your profit will drastically decrease at end of year.

Edited by Kane_Phoenix, 19 January 2017 - 10:38 AM.

Gremlin182 #3 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38353 battles
Q if I was part of the first sandbox am I automatically in or do I apply again ?

Maxyon #4 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1678 battles
What are we gonna get if we help you? 

Burty61 #5 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11594 battles

View PostMaxyon, on 19 January 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

A good source of Meme's 

tumppi776 #6 Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35452 battles
  • [-WZ-] -WZ-

to me the changes seem detrimental to gameplay.

Play your current game yourself. Find out the more frustrating aspects = High RNG, Arty, Matchmaker, Matchmaking tiers for certain tanks -> then focus on fixing those.

Now you focus on making it even more RNG. stupidos

Edited by tumppi776, 19 January 2017 - 10:49 AM.

pmakins #7 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 43388 battles
  • [L-FEW] L-FEW

edit: I didnt see correctly, sorry for the rage...

But nevertheless, saying 120mm guns are underperforming, yes, only against sweedish tanks because of their caliber, not because of their performance...

Jagdpanzer and FV4005 are OP confirmed? xD

Edited by pmakins, 19 January 2017 - 11:12 AM.

azatoth668 #8 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25890 battles
  • [40K] 40K

POPULAR

Your main problem is your matchmaker. Matches where one side gets 3 tier 10 heavy tanks while the other side gets 3 mediums/tankdestroyers/artillery.

You removed most bushes because you think your players are too stupid to learn where the TD locations are. Forcing TDs to play peek aboo, something they are not made for.

MT view range is much too high, so now they do the same thing TD did: shooting without being seen.

You are unwilling to acknowledge that there is no coordinated team play in a random battle. I say unwilling because I do not think you do not know this.

You turned WOT into a shooter game where all maps have choke points to enforce "action packed game play".

You want to establish WOT as an E-SPORT unwilling to understand that the majority of your player might not even want that type of play.

You can take your action shooter game play and put it where the sun does not shine.

orgerix #9 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22186 battles
  • [W2NE] W2NE

View Postpmakins, on 19 January 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

• At the same time, we’re increasing the damage of 120 mm guns to the damage rating of the 122 mm guns (at the moment, this minuscule difference in caliber results in a 10% reduction of damage: 400 vs. 440). Their reload time gets increased as well, to keep the DPM intact.

Pls stop using GoogleTranslate and pay 500 euros for someone professional... If you increase the damage from 400 to 440 AND you keep the same reload time, they will get a huge increase of at least 250 damage per minute. 
    Probably what you meant was DECREASING reload time...

•  

Google trad much ? Increasing reload time deacrease DPM and decreasing it increase it. But what to expect of a forum troll ?

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38353 battles

I love our community it seems everyone knows exactly what is wrong with the game and how to fix it.

Problem.

Everyone has a completely different idea about what is wrong and has completely different ways of fixing it.

Arty is overpowered say some

Sandbox 1 reduced arty damage by 50%

Cries of you are ruining the game.

Premium ammo should be removed or nerfed because it makes armour useless said some

sandbox 1 also reduced the penetration of all AP rounds over distance and made premium ammo lose even more pen over range

Now you would think that at least would be seen as a good move.

Not a bit of it even more cries that they are fixing the wrong things.

Starts banging head against the wall.

Post after post about why isn't wargaming fixing the game yet the second they even hint that there is a remote chance of changing something that many posters have asked for.

Even more come on line to say it will wreck the game.

LoveAmiga #11 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27664 battles
Take away the fearfactor (damage) from the JPE 100 and it will be totally useless. Why the hell play it now when TDs half it's size do the same damage?

Vitkov #12 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 24609 battles

They just don´t get it. There were threads about problems in WOT. They got massive feedback about everything. RNG, Arty, MM, illegal mods were the most hated ones, yet they still do some other changes.

Instead, the current mechanics encourage these tanks to shy away from close-range engagements and force them to play a lot like tank destroyers, to avoid being spotted and destroyed before they can ever set the battle line.

Haha this is true, but the WHY question was wrong. You can´t push with Maus on malinovka if there are 4 arties. You can´t push on any map if arty will hit you as soon as you peek around the corner. You can angle your armor agains gold shells, but you cant angle it agains arty. + corridor maps won´t allow you to push and also MM if you are for example T8 HT in T10 match full of T10 TDs waiting for you to peek. 

Now we’re testing reduced penetration falloff to see if it’s enough to make maneuvering and flanking safer, without disrupting the fun.

You cannot flank in corridor maps, it´s just not possible. You will just make some tanks useless..

orgerix #13 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22186 battles
  • [W2NE] W2NE

View PostGremlin182, on 19 January 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Premium ammo should be removed or nerfed because it makes armour useless said some

sandbox 1 also reduced the penetration of all AP rounds over distance and made premium ammo lose even more pen over range

Now you would think that at least would be seen as a good move.

Not a bit of it even more cries that they are fixing the wrong things.

AP prenetration was never an issue (maybe except some exception, looking at you ARL 44). What they did in the sandbox is making useless any shot taken at more than 100m.

Cobra6 #14 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 14364 battles

Awesome! Hopefully I will actually get in this time!

Still though, fiddling with standard AP(CR) pen and accuracy, thing which no one asked for, is a dubious way to go for this game. Armour is not less relevant because of regular ammo, it's less relevant because of premium ammo.

One of the added problems of tinkering with standard ammo penetration is that you will actually promote more premium spam thus further increasing the already existing problem.

I honestly think a kindergarten pupil can work this out so why can't WG devs who are supposedly much more educated on this subject?

But we'll see how this pans out, I'm always open to being proven wrong. :)

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 19 January 2017 - 11:46 AM.

GardistaRS #15 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3295 battles
  • [JO1NT] JO1NT

Hello everybody. My english is not very good so some things i do not understand. So, thing is that we can test some updates but I do not understad what to do when we test them, and I dont understand why would anybody do it if there is not any sort of income :) Please somebody explain

Edited by GardistaRS, 19 January 2017 - 11:19 AM.

lunaticsarkasm #16 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22287 battles

Without either reducing penetration value on premium ammo to the level of normal ammo, or even removing premium ammo alltogether, none of these fixes really makes armor more relevant. 

This is especially true when you can buy premium ammo for credits. Sure, its no longer p2w, but now instead everyone and their mother loads it when they encounter a tank with armor. 

I know of a maus or two longing for the days they will be called "Slow but well armored tanks" instead of just "Slow tanks".

I guess with the penetration loss on range, the idea is to promote sniping in armored tanks? Stay at a range where your armor does something...

Ph3lan #17 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 16479 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 19 January 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Q if I was part of the first sandbox am I automatically in or do I apply again ?

Yes, If you were part of the first sandbox and played at least 1 match you will also have access to this one. 

View PostMaxyon, on 19 January 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

An even better game in the long run :)

View Postazatoth668, on 19 January 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

Your main problem is your matchmaker. Matches where one side gets 3 tier 10 heavy tanks while the other side gets 3 mediums/tankdestroyers/artillery.

You removed most bushes because you think your players are too stupid to learn where the TD locations are. Forcing TDs to play peek aboo, something they are not made for.

MT view range is much too high, so now they do the same thing TD did: shooting without being seen.

You are unwilling to acknowledge that there is no coordinated team play in a random battle. I say unwilling because I do not think you do not know this.

You turned WOT into a shooter game where all maps have choke points to enforce "action packed game play".

You want to establish WOT as an E-SPORT unwilling to understand that the majority of your player might not even want that type of play.

You can take your action shooter game play and put it where the sun does not shine.

We have significant improvements in store for the matchmaker, I recommend checking out this article: http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/46/wg_fest/

Gremlin182 #18 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38353 battles

View Postorgerix, on 19 January 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

AP prenetration was never an issue (maybe except some exception, looking at you ARL 44). What they did in the sandbox is making useless any shot taken at more than 100m.

Yes I know I was there the point was and this was stated at the time.

We are starting the test by making big changes then in future reducing the changes till we get something we are happy with.

So while they were testing possible premium pen changes they decided to test AP as well.

If you think about it this makes sense instead of making say a small change then a bit bigger and then even more isn't it quicker to go all out on the first test see what that does and then try something less extreme.later on.

Well anyway they thought so and its their game.

Also the panic over these ideas when they said again and again the intent of the sandbox is to do what usually happens in a standard test but over a much greater time span.

Normal test servers cannot run more than a week or two because the new game version is due out.

Sandbox can test something for weeks or months with no pressure.

Also the sandbox isn't a test server it isn't even a supertest its kind of an alpha test which at some point will be refined till its ready for a supertest then a test then inclusion in the game.

Its pretty pointless to panic this early in a testing.

WunderWurst #19 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59344 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

A solid 0/10.

Its not like the two most disliked "features" of the first SandBox are used yet again.... Who the [edited]thinks its a good idea to make armor more valid by decreasing accuracy?!?!??!?!?! WHO!?!?!?!??!

Its not like it has been proven time and time again (BY YOU YOURSELF WARGAMING) that "fixing" accuracy on a global level wont do jack sheit. You have to go into the actual stats to achieve something. Right now a considered inaccurate gun 0.4 is as good of a sniper like a 0.3 gun which is supposed to be super accurate. With that change both will be inaccurate.

Making armor more usefull by yet another completly retraded workaround. 0/10 Wargaming. When you think some company cant get any more stupid here is Wargaming to save the day.

Penetration drop over range... Oh we figured that the first test that this is yet another stupid idea. But hey lets try to turn this game into two things.

1. Lets attach some bayonets to the tanks barrles so we can smash in our heads with the barrles itself. PHUN GAMEPLAY!!

2. Let the HEAT spam begin. It will fix your game.... Oh wait did I mix up the words "game" and "wallet" there?

In the meantime all non armored tanks cry in a corner. This is how you fix a game. Coming up with some beyond stupid workarounds screwing up everything. Sometimes I just think that every single WoT employee needs to be fired asap and replaced with some propper personal.

Edited by WundeWurst, 19 January 2017 - 12:42 PM.

Folau #20 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15221 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
[edited]off with this accuracy spread nonsense. It was awful first iteration and most likely will still be now.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users