WGLEU Season II, week 2

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The battle for the Grand Finals has begun!

The full text of the news item

_Sig_ #2 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20641 battles
OMG nobody cares. Seriously, why are you sinking so much money into making WOT an e-sport? That will never happen.

Tarantula_xD #3 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 19323 battles
  • [MSGA] MSGA

View Post_Sig_, on 19 January 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

OMG nobody cares. Seriously, why are you sinking so much money into making WOT an e-sport? That will never happen.

You might not care. I care

sir_miljac #4 Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 275 battles

View PostTarantula_xD, on 19 January 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

You might not care. I care

you sir are a minority of such a miniscule scale that if you are any kind of animal you would have sanctuary preserve with armed guards and cctv.

seriously now, we are all glad that you have fun playing leauges and such, the problem other players have is with disproportional approach wg have towards esports. the amount of time and money they are sinking into it, and exclusive rewards on offer. wast majority of players just feel hostile towards the whole concept while so many problems remain to be fixed in the game

Mr_Deo #5 Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37007 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

Seeing how many customers WG has then the WoT Esports I have does seem a little bit, meh.

The biggest problem with Esports in WoT is that it is disconnected from WoT.

The format is different, teams are "usually" much more balanced - or at least able to be.

The replays, RNG (HAH), RNG (HAH), RNG (HAHAHA) are different.

If eSports had the same RNG that the in-game client had... Ouch, it would go through the floor.

Will WG directly make money from eSports - I doubt it... Think of it as an advert for a loss-leader.. Eventually you do go into the store.

Unless you hit up the Asian markets of old, you may never see where the value comes from... Pushing a few "hard-core" gamers towards a specific game has a lot of benefits.

WG needs to work with ESL and make League maps that are 100% balanced for both sides.. (Or, find a pattern where both teams will play both sides the same amount)... I think the ESL guys are not doing a bad job at running the thing, Please don't bring people like QB or Rita on to give commentary tho, I know why they do that but it is not a great thing to do.

Besides, if anyone really doesn't like it, don't watch it.

Edited by Mr_Deo, 20 January 2017 - 01:37 AM.

SaintLaurentius #6 Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9080 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostMr_Deo, on 20 January 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

Seeing how many customers WG has then the WoT Esports I have does seem a little bit, meh.

The biggest problem with Esports in WoT is that it is disconnected from WoT.

The format is different, teams are "usually" much more balanced - or at least able to be.

The replays, RNG (HAH), RNG (HAH), RNG (HAHAHA) are different.

If eSports had the same RNG that the in-game client had... Ouch, it would go through the floor.

Will WG directly make money from eSports - I doubt it... Think of it as an advert for a loss-leader.. Eventually you do go into the store.

Unless you hit up the Asian markets of old, you may never see where the value comes from... Pushing a few "hard-core" gamers towards a specific game has a lot of benefits.

WG needs to work with ESL and make League maps that are 100% balanced for both sides.. (Or, find a pattern where both teams will play both sides the same amount)... I think the ESL guys are not doing a bad job at running the thing, Please don't bring people like QB or Rita on to give commentary tho, I know why they do that but it is not a great thing to do.

Besides, if anyone really doesn't like it, don't watch it.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

-The RNG for esl is the same you get normally and the most frustrating thing in the whole WGL concept. Only real solution for this is full goldspam, maxed out crews and consumables. Usually the players know what they're doing too, so it looks easy for viewers.

- Both teams play the same map first as an attacker, then defender. Only the tiebreaker is one match, but I dont remember how the sides are decided.

-The whole ESL thing is solely for marketing the game and I dont think it's that expensive of an add.

Sure, don't watch it if you dont like it, but your argument for not liking is little weird, since you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

ps. If this was a bait, good for you, you got me.:sceptic:

Ectar #7 Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 9547 battles
  • [TMATO] TMATO

View PostMr_Deo, on 20 January 2017 - 12:36 AM, said:

The RNG is the same. Nothing is changed for the esports, they don't play on a different client or server.  The only difference is that premium ammo is more used as players want more reliable penetrations.  Premium consumables are also used all the time and no one complains about that.  It's not even that every shot fired is premium, the Batchat 25's for example rarely use premium ammo.  It comes down to range and what you're shooting at.  There is skill in knowing what shells to use and when. It's not just load premium and win.

View PostMr_Deo, on 20 January 2017 - 12:36 AM, said:

The Wargaming League has been running for at least 4 year. QB & Jingles were part of the casting team for a single Grand Finals. That was an experiment to tap into respective audiences who perhaps didn't know much about esports and It worked to a certain extent. All other times the casting team for Season Finals, Regular Season and Grand Finals have either been normal casters, ex pro-players or WG staff.  I appreciate people have reservations about the amount of games Jingles has played recently on his account, but with Quickybaby you can't discount his game knowledge of the vehicles.  Tactically his knowledge of esports may not be there (I honestly have no idea how much he follows esports) but as someone with extremely high knowledge of the game and vehicles, you can't dismiss that and it's always good to have a wide variety of input on something like an analyst desk.

I feel there is room for people like QB, Circonflexes, perhaps even Foch at events. It just needs to be handled properly and they in turn need to be serious about wanting to take part. As I've learned myself it's not easy to just jump right into casting (either play by play or colour/analysis) without proper prep.  I agree that if someone shows no interest in esports or is pretty dismissive about it, then having them at an event wouldn't work.  Again there needs to be an obvious desire from personalities to actually want to participate and show they've done their homework. 

At the end of the day everyone involved loves playing this game so when we all work together to promote it, only good can come from that. 

Lucatonee #8 Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27765 battles
  • [CREW_] CREW_
when and how i see who win type 64?quests from 22.01.2017 when is raffle for type 64 and how i see if i win or not ,is special forum section for this?

Lucatonee #9 Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27765 battles
  • [CREW_] CREW_
typically for wargaming no answer and no transparency,so quests it nothing it a big hoax.who whin type 64 pls write here,in quests say monday (today) it a raffle for type 64, so where is that raffle?who wins there is a list whit winners ?

Karlie #10 Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

WGL EU Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17445 battles
  • [GIRL_] GIRL_

View PostLucatonee, on 23 January 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

when and how i see who win type 64?quests from 22.01.2017 when is raffle for type 64 and how i see if i win or not ,is special forum section for this?

View PostLucatonee, on 23 January 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

typically for wargaming no answer and no transparency,so quests it nothing it a big hoax.who whin type 64 pls write here,in quests say monday (today) it a raffle for type 64, so where is that raffle?who wins there is a list whit winners ?

How is that typical for Wargaming. Wargaming is known for providing great gifts - online and offline.

There is no special section for it - the winners are being notified via email.

buskobusko - FCM 50t
ZiNeP - Škoda T 40
dLayGaming - Type 64

Those are the winners and they should have the tanks already or should receive it no later than today.

Hope this info helps you.

Lucatonee #11 Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27765 battles
  • [CREW_] CREW_
hahaha just one type 64 for 1,7k viewers,'wgl_en : not all people take part in polls, remember it's like 1/10, so cheer up'.this is answer from wargaming staff when i ask how many type 64  it prize for viewers,so 1 type 64 for  1700 viewers it 1/10 chance to win Mrs.Karlie?i ask when start stream to know if i stay to watch or not ,i like to watch competition but not to stay 2 hours maby watch half hour but i stay because wargaming staff say i have chance to win 1/10 one from ten.why lie ?because all viewers watch that answer and maby go if know it only one tank type 64 for 1700 viewers,and you think is good prize 3500 gold for 1700 players ?It nice to offer prize just for 1 player(viewer)?it was better if split some gold for more players (viewers).

Edited by Lucatonee, 25 January 2017 - 09:12 AM.

OnCoke #12 Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 235 battles

View PostLucatonee, on 25 January 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

hahaha just one type 64 for 1,7k viewers,'wgl_en : not all people take part in polls, remember it's like 1/10, so cheer up'.this is answer from wargaming staff when i ask how many type 64  it prize for viewers,so 1 type 64 for  1700 viewers it 1/10 chance to win Mrs.Karlie?i ask when start stream to know if i stay to watch or not ,i like to watch competition but not to stay 2 hours maby watch half hour but i stay because wargaming staff say i have chance to win 1/10 one from ten.why lie ?because all viewers watch that answer and maby go if know it only one tank type 64 for 1700 viewers,and you think is good prize 3500 gold for 1700 players ?It nice to offer prize just for 1 player(viewer)?it was better if split some gold for more players (viewers).

Well, probably  half of the viewers have no interest in the leagues, teams, play style etc, and just want free stuff and basically just turn up, spam the twitch chat begging for codes, prizes which ruins it for the viewers who are actually there

to watch and enjoy the teams fight it out.

Karlie #13 Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

WGL EU Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17445 battles
  • [GIRL_] GIRL_

View PostLucatonee, on 25 January 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

The reward is for people who watch to make it more fun for them Not to attract people who don´t care about eSports to stick there only for that reward...

peca1623 #14 Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3614 battles
  • [-SRB-] -SRB-

View PostLucatonee, on 25 January 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostCommunity, on 19 January 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

The battle for the Grand Finals has begun!
<a href="http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/esport/wgleu-week-2/">The full text of the news item</a>

yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users