Jump to content


WOMT - World of Modern Tanks


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

emoteguy00 #21 Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4799 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostRO_Hellfire_93, on 16 October 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

You obviously don't know what you're talking , first of all tanks would be faster , maps would have to be bigger if not huge , there would be many differences .. spotting system .. view distance by zoom , target-locking , smoke screens , reactive armor :))) it would be epic dude.
thats the point it would make the game stupidly complicated and if the maps were huge it would be boring

emoteguy00 #22 Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4799 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
not to mention the combat would be boring

RO_Hellfire_93 #23 Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 4863 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View PostBetrayer, on 16 October 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Tanks don't fight tanks especially modern times you know.

So? wouldn't it be even that more awesome if they did in the game? I mean c'mon .. who wouldn't like to see a face-off between a M1 Abrams and a Challenger 2. if it's not possible in real life then why not in a game? just sayin'

emoteguy00 #24 Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4799 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostRO_Hellfire_93, on 16 October 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

So? wouldn't it be even that more awesome if they did in the game? I mean c'mon .. who wouldn't like to see a face-off between a M1 Abrams and a Challenger 2. if it's not possible in real life then why not in a game? just sayin'
because they wont do it they have no info on guns and armor values of modern tanks they dont just throw the info about them on the internet

RO_Hellfire_93 #25 Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 4863 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011
and those specs and infos needed are so hard to be approximated right? it's like impossible ! ... there are more specs known than those that are unknown. if History and Discovery channel could do it so do others can.

emoteguy00 #26 Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4799 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostRO_Hellfire_93, on 16 October 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

and those specs and infos needed are so hard to be approximated right? it's like impossible ! ... there are more specs known than those that are unknown. if History and Discovery channel could do it so do others can.

ha lol stfu now u dont get it. modern tank combat is a lot diffrent

emoteguy00 #27 Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4799 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
oh and not to mention the tanks would be able to fire from one side of the map to the other and still get a direct hit

RO_Hellfire_93 #28 Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 4863 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View Postemoteguy00, on 16 October 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

ha lol stfu now u dont get it. modern tank combat is a lot diffrent

GREAT ARGUMENT , i take you play COD? you sound just like the perfect narrow-minded cod player. small maps , fast action , run&gun, big is boring etc.

you reputation precedes you , need I say more?

It's only a problem of willpower .. if there is will it can be done. and FYI i did not make this topic to argue with people like you.

emoteguy00 #29 Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4799 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostRO_Hellfire_93, on 16 October 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

GREAT ARGUMENT , i take you play COD? you sound just like the perfect narrow-minded cod player. small maps , fast action , run&gun, big is boring etc.

you reputation precedes you , need I say more?

It's only a problem of willpower .. if there is will it can be done. and FYI i did not make this topic to argue with people like you.

no dude i play battlefield =)

and um fast paced action is what people want these days

Siddyus #30 Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15818 battles
  • 333
  • Member since:
    09-13-2011
For sure the combat there would be more action packed and mobile, since most or all MBTs can fire accurately while on the move, combined with good speed and track traverse. However, I have no interests in modern tanks, still, I think it would be neat.

Poison_Arrow_ #31 Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21122 battles
  • 103
  • [-CRO-] -CRO-
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
yes, we should try it, ww2 theme is too mainstream

Cuddly_Spider #32 Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 28313 battles
  • 2,672
  • Member since:
    08-13-2011

View PostBetrayer, on 16 October 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Tanks don't fight tanks especially modern times you know.

I honestly don't see how that has anything to do with it. Tigers didn't fight Tigers, KV-3s didn't even exist, and 15 tanks didn't randomly line up against 15 others to whack each other around for 15 minutes. It's a game, not realism.

View Postemoteguy00, on 16 October 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

because they wont do it they have no info on guns and armor values of modern tanks they dont just throw the info about them on the internet

M1 USA main battle tank:

Armor...

Chobham, RH armor, Depleted Uranium Strike Plates, Kevlar mesh.

M1: Hull & turret - 350 mm vs APFSDS, 700 mm vs HEAT[5]
M1A1: Hull & turret - 600 mm vs APFSDS, 700 mm vs HEAT[6]
M1A1HA: Hull - 600 mm vs APFSDS, 700 mm vs HEAT, Turret - 800 mm vs APFSDS, 1300 mm vs HEAT[6][7]

Main weapon...

105 mm L52 M68 rifled cannon (M1)
120 mm L44 M256 smoothbore cannon (M1A1, M1A2, M1A2SEP) with 42 rounds

You would be amazed at what info is actually available about modern tanks if you care to just look for it.

View Postemoteguy00, on 16 October 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

ha lol stfu now u dont get it. modern tank combat is a lot diffrent

Different than what? Different than the tank combat in WoT? Old tank combat was a lot different to what is actually represented in this game, so yours isn't a point worth considering.

Damian542 #33 Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:42 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 6594 battles
  • 50
  • Member since:
    08-11-2010
The most interesting could be the fact that modern tank even dont have to slow down to take accurated shoot. Secound thing, I want to see ARENA !!!

LiamNL #34 Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5084 battles
  • 171
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011
the only thing that would be changed with fireing is: (i think) a more computer like fireing system that detects tanks from 500 miles away and also fires directly so no more fun :P its PC vs PC

igoryak #35 Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11383 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-30-2011
this will suck. whats more fun to play , an already arcaded Spitfire vs bf109 or a F22 vs Sukhoi xx ?

same with tanks im my opinion, "ww2" era tanks require much more skill to operate and over-run the opponent than the current modern warefare.

most tanks today have very similiar specification agiliy/speed/armor/gun wise. this will be SO fucking boring like a 15 vs 15 t54 fight.

Psychodad_UBF_ #36 Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 36385 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    08-20-2010
modern world of tanks would be very boring most modern tanks have accurate auto aim, gyroscopic stabilizors, so less skill would be needed.
It might be faster but would loose a lot of atmosphere.
I wouldnt play it.

Maybe if they give it a fantasy twist like Warhammer 40K then you could have great deal of variations (slow lumbering imperial tanks and very fast but thin armored eldar hover tanks)
something like that can make it different enough to compensate for all the auto aiming and other enhancements.

but i still think WO2 is the right era for these kind of games (at least for me it is)

Hammerbolt #37 Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 34776 battles
  • 1,367
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010
Laser rangefinders, balistic computers with wind speed/direction sensors, fully stabilized guns., some of which capable of firing missiles... and artilery firing laser-guided rounds. Boooooooooriiiiiiiing... <_<

RO_Hellfire_93 #38 Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 4863 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011
I don't think so. If there was such a game out there I bet it would have as many players as wot has. It's all about preferences ... some people only like WW2 themed battles , others like only modern tank combat , and some like me like both of those .. I mean would it harm any tank lover if such game existed?

emoteguy00 #39 Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4799 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Posthammerbolt, on 17 October 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

Laser rangefinders, balistic computers with wind speed/direction sensors, fully stabilized guns., some of which capable of firing missiles... and artilery firing laser-guided rounds. Boooooooooriiiiiiiing... <_<
i agree with you dude ignore the noobs most modern tanks are bacicly computers and it would be really boring.

emoteguy00 #40 Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4799 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostRO_Hellfire_93, on 17 October 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

I don't think so. If there was such a game out there I bet it would have as many players as wot has. It's all about preferences ... some people only like WW2 themed battles , others like only modern tank combat , and some like me like both of those .. I mean would it harm any tank lover if such game existed?

yes it would auto targeting pinpoint accuracy computer aided systems would just ruin the games combat system




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users