WOMT - World of Modern Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

emoteguy00 #41 Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4799 battles

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 17 October 2011 - 02:07 AM, said:

I honestly don't see how that has anything to do with it. Tigers didn't fight Tigers, KV-3s didn't even exist, and 15 tanks didn't randomly line up against 15 others to whack each other around for 15 minutes. It's a game, not realism.

M1 USA main battle tank:

Armor...

Chobham, RH armor, Depleted Uranium Strike Plates, Kevlar mesh.

M1: Hull & turret - 350 mm vs APFSDS, 700 mm vs HEAT[5]
M1A1: Hull & turret - 600 mm vs APFSDS, 700 mm vs HEAT[6]
M1A1HA: Hull - 600 mm vs APFSDS, 700 mm vs HEAT, Turret - 800 mm vs APFSDS, 1300 mm vs HEAT[6][7]

Main weapon...

105 mm L52 M68 rifled cannon (M1)
120 mm L44 M256 smoothbore cannon (M1A1, M1A2, M1A2SEP) with 42 rounds

You would be amazed at what info is actually available about modern tanks if you care to just look for it.

Different than what? Different than the tank combat in WoT? Old tank combat was a lot different to what is actually represented in this game, so yours isn't a point worth considering.
umm modern tanks have computer aided systems that help them aim and target things idiot

Hammerbolt #42 Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34826 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View Postemoteguy00, on 17 October 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

i agree with you dude ignore the noobs most modern tanks are bacicly computers and it would be really boring.

Not to mention that, unlike in a WWII game, everyone would go up the US or UK tree to get an M1A2 or Challenger 2...

Cuddly_Spider #43 Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

View Postemoteguy00, on 17 October 2011 - 02:53 PM, said:

umm modern tanks have computer aided systems that help them aim and target things idiot

You didn't mean that, the point I responded to concerned armor and armament. Don't backtrack just to avoid being wrong about something.

And as has been said there is no absolute requirement to have things such as computer aided systems to aim in the game, although they could be added to gameplay as modules somehow.

And I just love the "idiot" part. If you can't converse with someone without resorting to childish insults then learn some social skills. They are important if you want people to actually like you.

RO_Hellfire_93 #44 Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 4863 battles
and for the love of God , those assists can be turned off , HOW ABOUT PLAYING WITH MODERN TANKS just like we play with the old ones , none of those assists and auto-lock targeting bullsheit. go ahead and say that won't work either haters , it's because people like you progress in this world is slow. Why the f do you care so much if it's gonna be or not boring , THERE ARE LOTS of people who would play with modern tanks even so.

Hammerbolt #45 Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34826 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostRO_Hellfire_93, on 17 October 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

and for the love of God , those assists can be turned off , HOW ABOUT PLAYING WITH MODERN TANKS just like we play with the old ones , none of those assists and auto-lock targeting bullsheit. go ahead and say that won't work either haters , it's because people like you progress in this world is slow. Why the f do you care so much if it's gonna be or not boring , THERE ARE LOTS of people who would play with modern tanks even so.

If those "assists" exist in game NO ONE would turn them off; it would turn you into a sitting duck. And the diferences in tank quality between nations change massively after WWII. If untill mid 70's the T-72 family could hold it's own against the M-60, Centurion and AMX-30 and (maybe) the Chieftain, when you get to the 90's it's game over: the M1A2, Challenger 2 and Leclerc will chop up the T-72/T-80. With an almost 100% hit rate (thanks to computers), the western tanks superior armor and weight would win the day...

Cuddly_Spider #46 Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

View Posthammerbolt, on 17 October 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:

If those "assists" exist in game NO ONE would turn them off; it would turn you into a sitting duck.

You are already playing a game where buying chocolate improves your tanks aim. You really think things can't be stretched to make this an option without making it invincible?

View Posthammerbolt, on 17 October 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:

And the diferences in tank quality between nations change massively after WWII. If untill mid 70's the T-72 family could hold it's own against the M-60, Centurion and AMX-30 and (maybe) the Chieftain, when you get to the 90's it's game over: the M1A2, Challenger 2 and Leclerc will chop up the T-72/T-80. With an almost 100% hit rate (thanks to computers), the western tanks superior armor and weight would win the day...

Not really. The T-90 is, by all accounts, a superb tank. Allegedly, during the war in Chechnya one of those things was hit seven times by anti-tank RPG fire yet still managed to remain combat active. Russian armor is also pioneering in their active armor designs, with [rumors of] Relikt kits being used on tanks now. There was also the Kaktus ERA - which is supposed to be able to defeat M829A2 and M829A3 rounds.

Don't also forget tanks such as the Merkava, which although not particularly mobile packs a hell of a punch and is very well armored from the front. From the front the extreme slope of that turret probably makes it indestructable to anything except AT missiles.

igoryak #47 Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11383 battles

View PostRO_Hellfire_93, on 17 October 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

I don't think so. If there was such a game out there I bet it would have as many players as wot has. It's all about preferences ... some people only like WW2 themed battles , others like only modern tank combat , and some like me like both of those .. I mean would it harm any tank lover if such game existed?

Look at the flight simulator games,
From the 1990s through 2000s there were many WW2/WW1 era MMO flight sims but not even ONE modern aviation mmo.

Dogfights are just not as fun. ACM is way easier to manuever with modern technology without super realistic flight and PILOT models.

Cuddly_Spider #48 Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

View Postigoryak, on 17 October 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

Look at the flight simulator games,
From the 1990s through 2000s there were many WW2/WW1 era MMO flight sims but not even ONE modern aviation mmo.

Dogfights are just not as fun. ACM is way easier to manuever with modern technology without super realistic flight and PILOT models.

The Ace Combat series, the slew of games on PC (hornet and whatever). There have been many flight combat games.

Hammerbolt #49 Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34826 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 17 October 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

You are already playing a game where buying chocolate improves your tanks aim. You really think things can't be stretched to make this an option without making it invincible?

Laser range finders, balistic computers and fully stabilized guns ensure a close-to-100% first hit rate on modern tanks. And they come as standard, not extra. A bit better than "improve your aim"....

Not really. The T-90 is, by all accounts, a superb tank. Allegedly, during the war in Chechnya one of those things was hit seven times by anti-tank RPG fire yet still managed to remain combat active. Russian armor is also pioneering in their active armor designs, with [rumors of] Relikt kits being used on tanks now. There was also the Kaktus ERA - which is supposed to be able to defeat M829A2 and M829A3 rounds.

I'm not refering to missiles vs tank, but tank vs tank. Thick armour is vital, and the russian T-XXX has less of hit than wetern models. And the lower mass means less ability to resist shock waves. As for active armor: even if that version does help vs sabbot rounds, it will help vs the first hit. The second?...

Don't also forget tanks such as the Merkava, which although not particularly mobile packs a hell of a punch and is very well armored from the front. From the front the extreme slope of that turret probably makes it indestructable to anything except AT missiles.

Merkava is one of my favourites... but I doubt we'd see an Israeli tree...

RO_Hellfire_93 #50 Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 4863 battles

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 17 October 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

The Ace Combat series, the slew of games on PC (hornet and whatever). There have been many flight combat games.
not to mention Lock On

and true story about the thing with the chocolate :))) i mean WTF .. if that works .. why wouldn't killing off the computerized assists in the game won't work? All I'm saying is that computers and all that could be left out on purpose to make the action more lively like ... picture playing WOT only with modern tanks .. is that so hard? does it really have to be a sim? think about it. and don't go all "ohh M1 Abrams without computer assists is a crime" bsheit on me. I bet it would be fun.

NatteFrost #51 Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 8131 battles
yes plz!

igoryak #52 Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11383 battles

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 17 October 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

Not sure that MMO

Cookiedeluxe #53 Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22031 battles
  • [-BDB-] -BDB-
Guys, there already is a game with modern tanks. It´s called Steel Beasts Personal Edition.

Be aware though, it is VERY hardcore and extremely realistic. It actually is a scaled down version of what real tank crews train with in their simulators (Steel Beasts Professional, look it up. Used by various armies around the world). That means its graphics are rather mediocre by modern game standards and there are no things like hitpoints (one hit will kill you), but the immersion is beyond anything you will ever have seen. Also the sounds are just awesome, because they come from the real things and are beautifully recorded. The maps are not only HUGE (engagement distances are measured in kilometer, not meters) but also based on real terrain.

Oh, and best of all: Since it is the real software used by real military simulators, it is in constant development AND the devs actually do listen to their civilian fanbase as far as the personal edition is concerned. Almost too good to be true.

Here are some vids to check it out:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q9CmbWFjItU
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YDC5W8iHF6M
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IN9M07hnjmA

grumman_n #54 Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6599 battles
i would say just making wot 2 whit modern tanks will can be bit borring. i would see a mmo whit modern (1960-future) tanks, apc, ifv, lav's in diferent modifications, it should not be just a tank battle, a bradley ifv can fiht tanks using Tow and Light armor whit its 30mm automatic gun etc... i would ad an infantry to(but not playable) jus if you own a stryker(not AT version) bradley, bmp etc you can buy a squad of infantry and you can bring them to some place and let them ambushe enemy(just add a little more trategy. there will be place for spg, mobile mortars, MRLS... i know thats sounds like : ''wargaming please make for me moste reallistic armored warfare simulator, but make gamplay easy for all'' and can be bit imposibru! (i hoped bf3 will be game like that but no way... all that infantri who runs jumps flyes standing on uav, jumping out of jet and kills you whit rpg and then jumps back andy flyies away... no sir dats shit!!! (foe me i still respect all the bf gamers))

i player arma2 multiplayer and thats amazing but still it takes to long, you need 3 players to drive a tank(i like that but cant play for long time shouting in my mic DRIVER HEEL STOP!!!! GUNNER WTF U AIMING WRONG DIRECTION!!!!)

WoT is good the battles are not too long not too short(if your noob team did not suicides) upgrading and all that tech tree is really interesting, i just play to test new tanks...

so it would be grate to see some modern armored combat whit bit more strategy how i already writed whit, larger maps (tank battles on 1-2km distances and more) whit little bot infantry (not that jumping and dancing crap of the world;) i mean battlefield) ...

Evilsausage #55 Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1587 battles
The problem with world of modern tanks is that it would lack content.

Almost all modern tanks are jack of all trades, Standard battle tanks so to say. There really aren't that many light tanks or turretless tank destroyers.
And even the standard battle tanks would have pretty damn small tech trees.

But who knows maybe world of tanks will continue and add content and tiers so you eventually end up with Leaopard 2 tanks at tier 20.

grumman_n #56 Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6599 battles
there are really many tanks light/med/heawy since 60. many experimental. there are not many turretless TDs thats true but did u saw jagdpanzer4 modernised as rocket TD?  or small but humvee (almoste all nation has its own small High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle) you can use them as light reconisation vehicel or put 4xATGM, or light gun to fiht light targets, same about strykers or bradleys and m113`s. russians have interesting autopark whit all theyr bmp,btr, or new tank support armored vehicle

ok that will not be same battleconcept as in WoT but it can be even better

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Posted Image

some of lihjt tanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

grumman_n #57 Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6599 battles

View PostEvilsausage, on 22 February 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

But who knows maybe world of tanks will continue and add content and tiers so you eventually end up with Leaopard 2 tanks at tier 20.

then you hawe to sell your soul to that game, imagine the amount of xperienc and credits for that ? :D IMPOSIBRU!!!!

Hammerbolt #58 Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34826 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
WoT modern would be boooooring as hell...

Every tank would have a balistic computer, laser ranger finder and a stabylized gun... pretty much ensuring a hit with every shot, even on the move... what's the fun in this?

grumman_n #59 Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6599 battles

View PostHammerbolt, on 22 February 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

WoT modern would be boooooring as hell...

Every tank would have a balistic computer, laser ranger finder and a stabylized gun... pretty much ensuring a hit with every shot, even on the move... what's the fun in this?

you think its easy to hit moving target while mowing whit help of ballistic computer? ok it shows you wher to aim but cmone, ballistics in world of tanks are not realistic as hell aim tagret at any direction you dont hawe to thik about aiming higher and bit left( about 2-3 meters for 800m) u just aim and shoot whitout thinking how far the enemy is. and modern ballistic computers are not so good yet to put the shell directly wher you aiming at.  you want reallistic ballistic? play   Tiger VS T34 and dont use automatic gunner. and after try to hit something whitout days of training playng  steel beasts pro pe...

sorry your argument is invalid and my englisch is **** up :)

grumman_n #60 Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6599 battles
its even hard to hit target whit TOW, or to get lock and after hit whit your javelin when enemy is using active protection systems. so it cant be boring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users