The benefits of joining a clan?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Secuter #1 Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11641 battles

I have almost 10k battles under my belt, yet I never wanted to join a clan.. perhaps because of my own ignorance.

Either way, my brother joined one. I just don't know what it involves (except of battle tactics as I've watched the streams some times).

But what benefits are there from a joining a clan? What does those resources grant? For all I see is that players tend to lose a lot of credits in clan matches.

I did search for some answers, but I only found posts from 2014 which I assume is outdated and it didn't really outline anything. The wiki didn't provide much enlightenment either.

I hope you guys will / can answer my questions. :)

- Secuter.

Shizuthink #2 Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34768 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON
You get a lot of people to play with. You get to enjoy bonuses, such as credit income boosters, from strongholds. If your clan is able to perform on the global map, you will earn gold.

Edited by Enmai, 26 January 2017 - 12:56 AM.

Strappster #3 Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

General

• Player
  • 24905 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Platoon mates! Team battles! Strongholds! Clan wars! Witty banter! All the fish you can shove up your bottom!

That last one might just be the Dingers, now that I think about it. Certainly livens up a twitch stream once the fish tank comes out and Rusty gets that look in his eye. :unsure:

RaeudigerRonny #4 Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26392 battles
Its mostly about having platoon partners on a teamspeak server to have more fun with in randoms. 99% of clans dont have any "real teamplay" going besides that and classify as purely casual relaxed clans. Which also makes it hard to choose one since there are tons which all kind of offer the same. In the end it will come dowm to your personal opinion about which people you would like to play together with.

UrQuan #5 Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19839 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 26 January 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

Its mostly about having platoon partners on a teamspeak server to have more fun with in randoms. 99% of clans dont have any "real teamplay" going besides that and classify as purely casual relaxed clans. Which also makes it hard to choose one since there are tons which all kind of offer the same. In the end it will come dowm to your personal opinion about which people you would like to play together with.

This really.

It's best to decide for yourself first what you like to do in WoT.

Just playing randoms with fun people in platoons? Then most casual clans will do, albeit the larger ones will actually have people online to toon with at all tiers.

Or maybe you like some more organized play too, this ranks from: teambattles (most casual) to Strongholds & Clan Wars (most 'serious' & generally considered 'endgame;)

Also, figure out what type of clan atmosphere you like, as it can rank from totally relaxed 'we don't care as long as we shoot tenks' to clans that could make Skynet a run for it's money in War organisation.

Shnuks #6 Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37602 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Clans can be grouped in the following:

1. Tryhard dorks (S4)

play a lot of CW/SH, usually strick activity demands, require teamplay knowledge

2. Relaxed cool clans (-MM)

Some SH (for moneyz), but mostly tooning, require some teamplay knowledge, relaxed activity demands

3. Tooning clans (Dingers)

Clans where you basically have a bunch of people to toon with, usually with TS, no online requ

4. Clans for the badge (i know there are some....)

Clans you join so you don't have people bugging you to join all the time

TheMarketGardener #7 Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17940 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostShnuks, on 29 January 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

Clans can be grouped in the following:

1. Tryhard dorks (S4)

play a lot of CW/SH, usually strick activity demands, require teamplay knowledge

2. Relaxed cool clans (-MM)

Some SH (for moneyz), but mostly tooning, require some teamplay knowledge, relaxed activity demands

3. Tooning clans (Dingers)

Clans where you basically have a bunch of people to toon with, usually with TS, no online requ

4. Clans for the badge (i know there are some....)

Clans you join so you don't have people bugging you to join all the time

5.Weebfag Anime klanus (LEWD)

Spamming the requitment page/TS server/Discord with hentai anime related stuff

I could't help myself...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users