.dll files are MISSING!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Terminator_800 #1 Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1883 battles

Hello fellow tankers :medal:,

Excuse the narrative but recently, I have downloaded the WoT installer on a new PC. After the EXTENSIVE WAITING TIME for the download to be fully completed, I press the large, orange button with the word  PLAY  on it. But suddenly, and very much to my surprise, I am greeted with a rather annoying message saying that the file d3dx9_43.dll is  MISSING !!!!! ​So, confused, I try again and again, pressing this large, orange button but still to no effect. So, now I turn to you my fellow tankers, should I REINSTALL THIS ​MESS? Or am I missing something so simple, I may as well SHOOT MYSELF...

:playing: HAPPY BLOWING STUFF UP :justwait:,

​Terminator_800

:B 

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7891 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Try reinstalling DirectX version 9.0c.

Terminator_800 #3 Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1883 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 01 February 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Try reinstalling DirectX version 9.0c.

Thanks! That solved the problem!

ThePirateLeChuck #4 Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22777 battles

I had this problem  and it is now fixed but not as above which cannot apply to latest windows 10 update.

firstly you can not install direct x or any direct x files to windows 10 any more. direct x comes as an integral part of all updates.

I tried all the usual analysis paths. including a complete fresh install of both windows (takes forever !!!) and WOT.

I have not had a response that I am aware of from customer support.

I spent a long time with live help from Microsoft and gave them control of my desktop to run through all the things I had tried, plus a "special MS download" procedure not available to you and me.  In their opinion the file was not missing but simply not in the location WOT wanted to look.

The problem persisted. so what did Microsoft do? they went online searching for solutions, opened up a link with a .dll fixer site ( which I was unwilling to do after my virus software blocked such downloads for me)

and downloaded the fix and missing file, and copied to the wot folder on my pc. we rebooted and here I am playing again as usual. The site they accessed was DllRepair.com.

If you access their fix directly you must take the risk of an unauthorised download and any compromise to your security. MS did it after a check for me.   good luck

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7891 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Upgrade to Windows 7, then install DirectX again.

Problem solved.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 23 January 2018 - 05:47 PM.

Graeme0 #6 Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25424 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 23 January 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

Upgrade to Windows 7, then install DirectX again.

Problem solved.

Yikes, UPGRADED to windows 7.

FML

SuedKAT #7 Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThePirateLeChuck, on 23 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

I had this problem  and it is now fixed but not as above which cannot apply to latest windows 10 update.

firstly you can not install direct x or any direct x files to windows 10 any more. direct x comes as an integral part of all updates.

I tried all the usual analysis paths. including a complete fresh install of both windows (takes forever !!!) and WOT.

I have not had a response that I am aware of from customer support.

I spent a long time with live help from Microsoft and gave them control of my desktop to run through all the things I had tried, plus a "special MS download" procedure not available to you and me.  In their opinion the file was not missing but simply not in the location WOT wanted to look.

The problem persisted. so what did Microsoft do? they went online searching for solutions, opened up a link with a .dll fixer site ( which I was unwilling to do after my virus software blocked such downloads for me)

and downloaded the fix and missing file, and copied to the wot folder on my pc. we rebooted and here I am playing again as usual. The site they accessed was DllRepair.com.

If you access their fix directly you must take the risk of an unauthorised download and any compromise to your security. MS did it after a check for me.   good luck

Hmm, that sounds more like you answered a call from some MS scammer than anything else, all you need is to download and install the legacy drivers: https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

Got them installed my self and have zero issues with WoT or any other older game that require  DirectX 9 for that matter.

Edited by SuedKAT, 25 January 2018 - 05:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users