Supertest News: Live Oaks map

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 698 battles

Commanders,

We’ve got some news for you from the Supertest: today a prototype of reworked Live Oaks map goes to the testing stage!

There are specific changes aimed at improving the gameplay on this map by widening tactical possibilities. This variant will give players more opportunities to use the central part of the map – the swamp.

44_north_america.png

Major changes:
1.    A rift with isles covered with grass was added to the swamp part of the map. Near the isles there is enough convenient positions to fire at the vehicles on the railroad bridge area.
2.    Across the swamp new positions are added for controlling the central part of the map, and also for firing at long distances.
3.    Near the upper base the defensive positions are improved a bit.
4.    The river-bed was reworked to be more consistent with the swamp.

The future of these changes will be determined by the results of the tests. Stay tuned!

Please keep in mind that this is a preliminary set of features planned for future updates. The Supertest happens at the early stages of development - and  involves checking the changes of a future updates and searching for the most critical issues before further stages of testing. 

Kandly :honoring:

Tony_EU #2 Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50 battles
  • [RASHA] RASHA

Excellent, more camping platforms for the mongoloids.

#makebasecampinggreatagain

Cobra6 #3 Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

So more opportunities for basecampers to control the map from? This will *greatly* enhance gameplay and motivate the player base to improve..........oh wait.....

Cobra 6

DOCT0R_ #4 Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22007 battles

So first "balance" team thought Type 5 Heavy and Maus changes are good, then they thought that VK should be made into another generic tier 6 LT.

Then we have clown tanks, etc.

Now this.

So, what's next? Heighten some random place on Prohorovka so they can "support advance" in middle? Oh, I hope I didn't give you an idea.

Hammerhead20 #5 Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25370 battles

One of my the most hated maps in the game.

I don't think that these "improvements" will change something in a good way...

This map is just... so bad...

I think it should be completely removed from the game...

Edited by Hammerhead20, 04 February 2017 - 11:13 AM.

DOCT0R_ #6 Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22007 battles
No map should be removed. Every map can be changed to be good...
Well, of course, if only map devs weren't "special".

Kooallu #7 Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42483 battles
how about bring some old maps back and stop modify these shitty maps, like sacret walley you have change it like 2-3 times and it still suck

8126Jakobsson #8 Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 67656 battles
Don't see how this will change anything on how it usually plays out. All the action that matters is on the right side of the rail so perhaps widen that area instead by moving the rail in towards the swamp.   

HundeWurst #9 Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70100 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

Hmh these changes will hardly effect the gameplay.

Currently the map is just super unbalanced for various reasons:

1. The town area is completly pointless to take. Every tank going there is a wasted tank. Yes even with 3 arties I would go to the bridge side with my superheavy.

2. The only flank that matter is the easern one next to the bridges. You win that? Well you won the game pretty much in 90% of all cases.

3. The southern spawn has an extreme advantage on the eastern / railway side. Hence the map is biased towards the southern spawn when played propperly.

The changes

1. Adding of the generic spots for light tanks to "scout" and second line TD camping spot to snipe. We can see this pattern on the Paris map already. Well on Live Oaks its done better for reasons I will explain further down.

2. Much else was not changed. Maybe the railway side was a bit flattened to make RASHA tenks perform on point there?

Do these changes adress the issue that map has?

No they dont. Due to terrain, cover and various other things the entire "town" part of the map will still be pointless to control. The map will still be decided on the railway flank. Hence all the changes done to the the middle are sort of pointless. They dont hurt the map but neither do they make it any better. South will still be in advantage but ulimatly mm will decide who is winning by the matchup it creates.

About the obvious scouting points and sniping points: Well they are done better because they can actually be flanked and made useless. Also these positions will hardly have an influence. The average TD player might be drawn towards them but he wont have much on an impact from there. GOOD!

PS: I also watched the Sacred Valley rework. YES! Yet again another rework. Why? The map is not great by any means but its not bad either. How often do you try to rework these maps before you realize that some if not many cannot be saved. Instead of reworking Sacred Valley yet again bring back Severogorsk. That map could have been really nice with some propper adjustments.

Dont spend ressources on beating a dead horse! Please Wargaming!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users