Sandbox Second Iteration—Artillery

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
SPGs are in for a major revamp; hop in to test changes and share your input.

The full text of the news item

_Crusad3r_ #2 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25493 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
I like the 3 arty per team but f**k the stun effect - its more annoying than being one shot imo....

2goXD #3 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32094 battles
  • [1STD] 1STD

I can't log in

"failed to connect to the server ...."

EDIT: had to restart it, it downloaded another update and now it's working...

Oh about that rule of yourse: 3 arty/ team max .... good joke because every game has 5 of them.

But i have to say that new arty view is really nicely implemented with that sexy spin and confortable camera angle... better than the mod itself.

Edited by 2goXD, 06 February 2017 - 08:33 PM.

Suli24 #4 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 59941 battles

Would like to see what is planned for the arty. Would like to test it.

PS

To all those arty haters (I expect them coming here to spit on arty cancer clicker and other usual stuff), arty is the only vehicle in the game that is completely and absolutely dependable by features that it can not control or have any effect on it. First, it depends on spot. Second, it depends on the positioning of the friendly team (whether some fast small mf will rush the arty at the very begining). Arty awarness of friendly team is very very important. Then, it depends on the positioning of the enemy. Then, it depends on the map (himmelsdorf for example). Arty can not push, arty can not spot, arty... And finally, it depends on the rng.

And then finally, it is up to the player, his skills and experience.

So, there are huge things that arty depends on and to all artymfhaters I would recomend to try to grind at least single arty line. Just to see how it is. I would like to see their reaction when they finish a battle with 0 damage. Maybe then, just maybe they would get to know that there is one little thing in WoT called arty safe positioning and moving.

Edited by Jagodinac1, 06 February 2017 - 12:31 PM.

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41600 battles

Sounds good, I personally liked the Stun effect, which is better having the effectiveness of your crew reduced for 10-15 seconds or Driver dead gun knocked out tracked.

The former means you can still move aim and fire the second means you lose your repair and med kits before you can do anything.

Edited by Gremlin182, 06 February 2017 - 12:21 PM.

Henshel #6 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7963 battles
  • [METEL] METEL

View PostGremlin182, on 06 February 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Sounds good, I personally liked the Stun effect, which is better having the effectiveness of your crew reduced for 10-15 seconds or Driver dead gun knocked out tracked.

The former means you can still move aim and fire the second means you lose your repair and med kits before you can do anything.

Yep. But I would like to know how that would benefit arty. Because if they don't get anything out of it, they aren't gonna do it. If arty players would get like 30% of XP and money the player who damaged/killed enemy it would be good and it's still less then spotting or tracking reward that is 50%. Also improve arty economy that is at the moment broken. Losing 20k money in tier VIII battle even if you did 2k dmg is not fun.

eXterm #7 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22630 battles
  • [SAMI] SAMI

Trying to win, sweating myself to do as much dmg as I can and help my team, peek-a-boo'ing, circling, dancing with mine MT, suddenly *BOOM*, shell explodes near me and I see -50% of my crew and tank effectiveness for 20 seconds, being sluggish and useless for team, looking for a place to hide, but arty has faster reload, better accuracy and bigger blast radius, another shell lands next to me, another 20 seconds of being useless, only thing I dream about: "let me go back to garage"...

Let arty be as it is but with 1/2 - 1/3 alpha dmg and without ability to damage modules and crew (detracking allowed). What is the most frustrating things? One shots and half of crew/tank damaged. And I played arty, done all the missions for StuG, HTC, T 55A and Object 260 with arty because I don't have good HTs for HT-12 and HT-15. And yes, 3 artys max is good, but 1-2 max would be better. And no arty platoons allowed, there's nothing more frustrating than a platoon of arties that focus you...

SlyMeerkat #8 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13477 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
To be honest, I have no issue what so ever with arty in game and certainly not one that whines about it, I mean sure they can be a annoying at times but if you learn to play properly, you shouldn't have much of a problem, I sure dont, I'm happy just the way they are and besides, its just a game so what's stopping you from going to garage and picking another tank when you do get one shot?..... Sorry but I just fail to understand the issue, this is just opinion :)

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 06 February 2017 - 12:40 PM.

2goXD #9 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32094 battles
  • [1STD] 1STD

EDIT: permadetracking, crew obliteration for 20s, permanent stunning, you stun scounts driving 70 km/h and then arty number 2 kills it... (but just because there are so many of them... 5/team)

Arty is in this test is more OP than it ever was, game breaking mechanics (again if you allow more than 2/game)

Keep it as it is right now in the sandbox but add 2/team max rule.

Atm there is 5 of them and it is freaking horible, you can't even drive away from the spawn in slow vehicles such as Maus.

Edited by 2goXD, 08 February 2017 - 09:18 PM.

Bio_ShocKs #10 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10183 battles
  • [G-SQD] G-SQD

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 06 February 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

TBH, i have no issue what so ever with arty in game and certainly not one that whines about it, I mean sure they can be a annoying but if you learn to play properly, you shouldn't have much of a problem, I hardly dont, I'm happy the way they are besides, its just a game and what's stopping you from going to garage and picking another tank when you do get one shot?..... Sorry but I just fail to understand the issue, this is all my opinion,

been punished for playing aggressive, been focused for the whole game because the arty player is running xvm and your statisticly the best player on your team so arty players mind set is " kill good player = win " been hit for 80% of your health in the first 3 mins of a game results in you having to camp for the rest of the game because your a 1 shot, the thing is mate is some people want to play for a win so they go out wanting to do as much damage as they can to help get that winning result these people get angry when that is denied to them by some one who sat fapping at the back of the map and there's nothing the player can do in return.  

arty does my absolute nut in and I can't wait for it to be changed.

Edited by Bio_ShocKs, 06 February 2017 - 01:29 PM.

p0ntsa #11 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21617 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 06 February 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

TBH, i have no issue what so ever with arty in game and certainly not one that whines about it, I mean sure they can be a annoying but if you learn to play properly, you shouldn't have much of a problem, I hardly dont, I'm happy the way they are besides, its just a game and what's stopping you from going to garage and picking another tank when you do get one shot?..... ", this is all my opinion,

"if you learn to play properly"  :sceptic: The issue is that arties are like invisible KV-2s in the sky. 

Furbutt_requin #12 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23095 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • "Added alternative aim for SPGs to make arty gameplay more engaging and efficient."

Can't wait to try this out, and see exactly what this his.

Tomlinson #13 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25736 battles

View PostFurbutt_requin, on 06 February 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

• "Added alternative aim for SPGs to make arty gameplay more engaging and efficient."

Can't wait to try this out, and see exactly what this his.

I am 99 % sure it is just going to be the Battle Assistant Mod

Homer_J #14 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25605 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post2goXD, on 06 February 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

I personally prefer the stun if you are given the ability to cancel it. How can you prefer not being warned about the incoming shot and then getting 1 shot in the 2nd minute of the game compared to being warned and getting hit + stunned for let's say 8s, losing 200 dmg and then you continue playing.

Because if you are one shot you can return to garage and select another tank.  Getting stunned over and over again while your HP gets bled slowly does not sound like fun.

I shall have to see what this new mechanic is like, hopefully the servers will stay up long enough for me to get on.  I did enjoy driving my Maus straight down the middle of Steppes in the last iteration though.

adameitas #15 Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57364 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 06 February 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

I like the 3 arty per team but f**k the stun effect - its more annoying than being one shot imo....

well 3 arties cap means we gonna have less arty free games which is really bad.. recently i had 23 games with my t26e5 in a row with atleast 1 arty and several of it were with 3+ arties..

stun is just pointless why we need it? only brutual dissapointment for hited tank driver..

on the other hand damage nerf is good but i really dont think they need to reduce reload time reduced aim would be enough. Reduced reload + better aim vs reduced damage is an arty buff.. it will make whole arty class closer to arties like 304 or that [edited]t5 or t6 french one.. both are really annoying. reduced aim time + reduced reload time will make arty class even more popular so we will see more of them in games. Bad aim + long reload were things that kept arty atleast a bit balanced (many ppl simply didnt have enough patient to play it) and damage isnt a problem to arty players - arty is a lottery after all now, since u can do from 100 to 1400+ damage with almost every t7 arty and it didnt belong to how u reoad.. it is just pure rng.. 

All in all atm new changes will bring more hits which is bad for players and great for clickers.. So we have an arty buff:( thats why they give 3 arty cap i guess..

In my opinion they should remove one-shots, reduce damage but bring better aim and dont touch reload time. i think it is best solution atm. Still think that one of two things should be gone: arty or gold ammo. To have both of them simply breaks game. Back to 2011 we had arty to fight vs maus or t95 if not it those 2 would be complete op so they (and other heavy armored tanks) were balanced that way. But then wg greed took over and we got gold ammo so now t95 or maus (and most others heavy armored tanks) are simply UP they are not anymore 1 vs 1 (advantages/disatvantages) its now 1 vs 2 most of the time..

wg perfect understands that but they cant remove arty (it is the only class many players can perform in) bc they will loose players and their money and they cant remove gold ammo sicne they gonna loose even more real money.

Worst part - wot is leading in such type of games.. So they have no presure to change anything.. This goes to all that their marketing crap too.. And what is even worse if there would be released wot clone without arty i think i wouldnt play it. why? bc of all that spent time, all those grinds (tanks and crews) and so on. Thats why i dint try AW.. Only bc of grind and there are many ppl like me..

Fallschrimjaeger #16 Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15000 battles

Stun effect.. Decreased dmg.. More accuracy.. And MULTIPLE CONSUMABLES. NO! ONE THOUSAND TIMES HELL NO.
I am an m53/55 player. I am happy with its accuracy 0.84. As an arty player,depending on rng is exciting and surprising thing. Sometimes it doesn't even come close sometimes it bounces sometimes(its rare) .. Gotcha one shot. If we stun most enemy with of our shots, it will be more annoying than one shot. What about 3 Lefh b2 platoon? Have you thinked about that?
Then this... What about multiple consumable use? Thats ridiculous and noobish. You have one right and use it wisely. You can't use a consumable at every situation.
=>Well in summary I got what you want to do. You want to turn this game to League of Legends or Dota. Dude don't erase the luck. Sometimes an unexpected snapshot gives you a smile and get you excited. Don't make this game rock, paper, scissors.

If you want to nerf artillery, just decrease accuracy. Don't touch ap or hesh. I have no problem with that. But don't erase this luck factor. I got one shot from arties several times. I yelled I got angry but cmon this is just a game.. 

Edited by Fallschrimjaeger, 06 February 2017 - 01:11 PM.

Steiner011 #17 Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34605 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

Disable the ability for 3 arties to create a  platoon. One per platoon is quite enough.

And remove xvm from game.

SlyMeerkat #18 Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13477 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View PostBio_ShocKs, on 06 February 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

been punished for playing aggressive, been focused for the whole game because the arty player is running xvm and your statisticly the best player on your team so arty players mind set is " kill good player = win " been hit for 80% of your health in the first 3 mins of a game results in you having to camp for the rest of the game because your a 1 shot, the thing is mate is some people want to play for a win so they go out wanting to do as much damage as they can to help get that winning result these people get angry when that is denied by them by some one who sat fapping at the back of the map and there's nothing the player can do in.  

arty does my absolute nut in and I can't wait for it to be changed.

I consider myself to be an aggressive player as well but still, I always hear people getting killed by arties in battles so many times in a row and I have never had that, I think maybe twice in a row but something tells me that they are not as aware as they should be, do they not look at match up to see if they have arty and what kind so that way they can use cover more accordingly depending on the arty shell trajectory?

View Postp0ntsa, on 06 February 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

"if you learn to play properly"  :sceptic: The issue is that arties are like invisible KV-2s in the sky. 

Ah well that's what brings the fun and challenge to the game ;)

View PostHomer_J, on 06 February 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Because if you are one shot you can return to garage and select another tank.  Getting stunned over and over again while your HP gets bled slowly does not sound like fun.

I shall have to see what this new mechanic is like, hopefully the servers will stay up long enough for me to get on.  I did enjoy driving my Maus straight down the middle of Steppes in the last iteration though.

Well having not played the test server, I have not go an opinion on that as I like to wait till the full release before playing and seeing what its like :)

SlyMeerkat #19 Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13477 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View PostSteiner011, on 06 February 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Disable the ability for 3 arties to create a  platoon. One per platoon is quite enough.

And remove xvm from game.

I think that XVM is the main cause of most the problems on this game, just glad I play vanilla and not apart of the problem.....

Napad24356 #20 Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28639 battles
  • [-S-V-] -S-V-

When are you introducing the new Swedish premium TD?

You should also enable for players to buy at any time (Premium shop or ingame store):

Cromwell B,

leKpz M 41 90 mm,

8,8 cm Pak 43 Jagdtiger,

Rheinmetall Skorpion G,

AMX 13 57,

T-34-85M

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users