M103 or a medium

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

VinSoft #1 Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9465 battles

Dear fellow players,

I was hoping you could advise me a bit. I've been gone a while and the game seems to have changed somewhat.

I unlocked the M103, and it seems like a mobile heavy. Not the best armor, but better than a medium. Gun very good. 

Thing is: I like heavies most, although I play TD's best if my stats are correct. But I just don't like the playstyle of waiting for things to come. I tend to rush in when I'm impatient and that often gets me killed. Sometimes it goes well. I need to focus on that if I'm to get better, I understand that. But camping is not my type of fun play. And I like armored fast mediums, I love my T-54 ofc. 

Now, I do reasonably well in the T29 and T32 (54% WR) and I absolutely love the T29. T32 not so much though, because of the gun. I do less well in the T-54 @ 51% WR. And I somewhat dislike my IS-7 but I just suck in it @44% WR. Now, the IS-7 is lacking fun for me since it's not working out for me. But being a top tier, the team depends on the IS-7 as a frontline tank. And I can't fill that with my playstyle I think. 

So I was thinking, the M103 / T110E5 are a mix between the heavy armor I love, but mobile. And the hull down tactics seem to be understood, because of the better than my average winrate in these types of tanks. Before I left, the T110E5 was the go-to for clans. But now I read about how it's overnerfed and one of the weaker top tiers. 

What do you guys think: Sell IS-7, get M103 and T110E5 and enjoy the T-54 in between or another nation / line with mobile heavies with good guns. 

Thanks so much for the info!

Eokokok #2 Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18723 battles

There is little point in selling tier X tanks, but if you hate playing it you might as well get rid of it. Although this is a huge punch to your credits.

As far as M103 goes - no, it is not mediumish in any way. It is rather slow, after the buff the turret is marginally better, but tumour on top is still autopen. Can't really advice anyone to get this tank, since Conq is just a vastly superior version of similar gamestyle HT.

E5 will get a nerf to the armour, the cupola will be weaker (not sure how much) and there will be a cripling nerf of armour behind the front sprocket. Not sure how will it fare after that, but if you are to make a choice - M103 is bad, E5 is unsure for the near future, would wait in making any decisions until some armour specs for tier X are available.

VinSoft #3 Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9465 battles
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm waiting till we know more about the E5. When can we expect something definitive about the E5? 

Eokokok #4 Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18723 battles

The armour from beta is available - cupola got down to 240 effective. The tank can angle though, since the hull armour got really nerfed on the front. Shame.

http://beta.tanks.gg/tank/t110e5/model

ForceGhost #5 Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23646 battles
I think the E5 nerf was needed, although ti may have been hit a bit too hard..

Eokokok #6 Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18723 battles

Cupola more then needed, E5 with armour ranging from 260 upwards while hulldown was monstrosity. The hull nerf though, this might be really nasty in the long run.

Although, if consumables get changed to the WoWs model both E5 and Brits might benefit more then most other, since getting ammo damaged will be a frequent occurance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users