Jump to content


Where do you live?


  • Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

DragonH19 #21 Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18620 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012
Wow nice country guys!

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #22 Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 6,815
  • Member since:
    07-10-2018

The 1st country that wants to be 2nd....

 



TsundereWaffle #23 Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28115 battles
  • 11,104
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

View PostSpek_en_Bonen, on 11 February 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

The 1st country that wants to be 2nd....

 

 

Hue



DragonH19 #24 Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18620 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostWafflePanzer, on 11 February 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

 

Hue

 

FORTESS CITY? 

K_A #25 Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13708 battles
  • 4,665
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

I tried searching for some nice aerial photos about my city, but the best I found was this one:

 

It quite nicely showcases two of the most ugliest buildings in the whole city, the city library (the left of the two big concrete blocks in the center) and the city theatre (the right one, the one with the nuclear powerplant cooling tower looking thing on the roof.. :P ). Oulu is built on the seashore, in the estuary of Oulujoki (Oulu river). The river comes from the north of this photo and there is an hydropower plant north of this just outside of the frame and the actual sea opens up to the south of this, although there are still a whole bunch of islands so you don't really see the open sea from the marketplace there. 

 

EDIT I found another one from a different angle:

 

You see the same buildings now on the top right corner, and in the far left you can actually see the hydropower plant. The city and it's suburbs of course open up several kilometers to every direction (except the sea, duh..) but this is the "center" of the city.. :)


Edited by K_A, 11 February 2017 - 07:39 PM.


DragonH19 #26 Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18620 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostK_A, on 11 February 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

I tried searching for some nice aerial photos about my city, but the best I found was this one:

 

It quite nicely showcases two of the most ugliest buildings in the whole city, the city library (the left of the two big concrete blocks in the center) and the city theatre (the right one, the one with the nuclear powerplant cooling tower looking thing on the roof.. :P ). Oulu is built on the seashore, in the estuary of Oulujoki (Oulu river). The river comes from the north of this photo and there is an hydropower plant north of this just outside of the frame and the actual sea opens up to the south of this, although there are still a whole bunch of islands so you don't really see the open sea from the marketplace there. 

 

EDIT I found another one from a different angle:

 

You see the same buildings now on the top right corner, and in the far left you can actually see the hydropower plant. The city and it's suburbs of course open up several kilometers to every direction (except the sea, duh..) but this is the "center" of the city.. :)

Gorgeous! Water everywere man! And very greenish!



DragonH19 #27 Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18620 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012
By the way, i'm still waiting for a WG Staff to answer too!! I'm very curious.

Kadafalk #28 Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5077 battles
  • 4
  • [R0T] R0T
  • Member since:
    11-29-2016

Ekaterinburg, Russia

 

 

 

 


Edited by Kadafalk, 12 February 2017 - 07:55 AM.


DragonH19 #29 Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18620 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012
Good looking place!

SuedKAT #30 Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,964
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

I live in Göteborg, Sweden, it's nice during the summers and "prime" winter, but the fall, spring and "crap" winter is just cold, windy, wet and damn annoying to live and work in. 

 

Here are some pics:



DragonH19 #31 Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18620 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostSuedKAT, on 12 February 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

I live in Göteborg, Sweden, it's nice during the summers and "prime" winter, but the fall, spring and "crap" winter is just cold, windy, wet and damn annoying to live and work in. 

 

Here are some pics:

 

The night pictures look awsome! 

SpartanmarkV #32 Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9688 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    02-09-2015
Sisak, Croatia

MR_FIAT #33 Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20699 battles
  • 1,618
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
That little country below sea level :hiding:

Hexen #34 Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24930 battles
  • 1,722
  • Member since:
    10-23-2013
From Wales, we are famous for our castles, picturesque mountainous landscape and a cool looking flag and sometimes our rugby team but we failed in that one this weekend.....:facepalm:  

Edited by Hexen, 13 February 2017 - 10:31 PM.


SuedKAT #35 Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,964
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostDragonH19, on 12 February 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

 

The night pictures look awsome! 

 

It's a great town for night life and it's in a Nordic country which means a lot of night during certain times of the year so we like to decorate everything we can in lights to forget about the darkness and the cold. The inner city amusement park (Liseberg) looks like this during the Winter:

And if you visit the city center it looks like this:

Which is kinda nice since this is usually what you get stuck in to and from work:

And this is why Swedes adore the summer as much as we do, as soon as stuff gets green and the sun get out we flock to areas like this:

or take a boat:

to a place like this:

or fly to a place where you live ;)


Edited by SuedKAT, 13 February 2017 - 07:48 PM.


Kadafalk #36 Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5077 battles
  • 4
  • [R0T] R0T
  • Member since:
    11-29-2016
SuedKAT, the first and second pictures are just fantastic!

Edited by Kadafalk, 13 February 2017 - 08:20 PM.


Xino9922 #37 Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16053 battles
  • 4,736
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-13-2011

I live in nope-facking-way, this place;

 

This town and all it's shite can burn and go die in a hole for all I care... :sceptic:

 

Did I mention top government officials from the City Parliament is under investigation for corruption by the EU? :child:

Capital of the nopewegian "bible-belt", not surprising at all...


Edited by Xino9922, 14 February 2017 - 10:55 AM.


loot_the_supermarket #38 Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8591 battles
  • 280
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

Watford, England ... Our local MP called it 'the Hollywood of Europe' :facepalm: Yeah, Hogwarts is the nearest school and hundreds of major films (Star Wars, 007) have been made within 10km of me but I've been to Hollywood, this ain't no Hollywood.

Still, we're in the premier league and it's better than Luton.

 

Jealous of the guy in the Azores, fascinating and stunningly beautiful islands..... love the volcanic lagoons in the islands.



Nishi_Kinuyo #39 Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 8607 battles
  • 5,914
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Greetings from sunny Pyongyang:

Spoiler

:girl:



DragonH19 #40 Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18620 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View Postloot_the_supermarket, on 15 February 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

Watford, England ... Our local MP called it 'the Hollywood of Europe' :facepalm: Yeah, Hogwarts is the nearest school and hundreds of major films (Star Wars, 007) have been made within 10km of me but I've been to Hollywood, this ain't no Hollywood.

Still, we're in the premier league and it's better than Luton.

 

Jealous of the guy in the Azores, fascinating and stunningly beautiful islands..... love the volcanic lagoons in the islands.

 

Don't be jealous =) i'm jealous of all of you guys who live in the big citys with everything and lots of movement too.

Also i see lots of turists from England here, they are very kind and polite people.

Once, a few months ago on the past year, i met a group of friends from your country that were enjoying São Miguel island so much that they wanted to delay their trip back home but they couldnt =( was so sad.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users