Circon's moderators

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

SirTogII #1 Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47656 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

While I completely understand there' might be a need (perceived or real) for moderators to keep chats under control, the guys running for Circon seem to have lost the plot completely. 

People are getting banned left, right and centre for nothing. In his latest Leo vid on the tube (brilliant gameplay as always btw) some dude was banned for making a lame but innocent "QB has more memes joke". Seriously? In my case while the chat was discussing maps that have been removed I had the audacity to mention that a certain before mentioned QB had made a video on that topic that provided some good flashbacks. That, according to the mods was the equivalent of "making an advert for McD while eating at BK" and I was promptly banned from the chat. 

Now Im not gonna lose sleep over it but I think it's a shame that the moderators are missing a few basic concepts. By all means have rules, but if so state them publicly for all to see. Nowhere in the rules that I could see does it say "don't ever mention the "unmentionable" name" regardless if it's in context of a discussion. 

Secondly, it's not advertising a competitor mentioning that another person has made a video of content that Circ hasn't covered (at least not yet). They attract very different audiences and it would be the same as saying discussing Lionel Messi in a Chelsea pub would be an act of treason and get you banned from Stamford bridge. Ridiculous. 

The sad thing is the actions of his moderators is tainting the channel and makes the big bearded man look insecure and rather pathetic which is a shame because the content he provides is probably the best there is.

Anyways, hope the mods take a minute to consider what's reasonable and what's just childish and Donald Trump like. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:35 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16633 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I'm not the only one confused why this is being posted here, right? :unsure:

Strappster #3 Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:36 AM

General

• Player
  • 24818 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSirTogII, on 11 February 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

Anyways, hope the mods take a minute to consider what's reasonable and what's just childish ...

Unintentional irony lols aplenty.

Kdingo #4 Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31984 battles
What is a circon, and why should i give horspoo about it?

Ankara_Aatu #5 Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35221 battles
  • [RIOD] RIOD

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 11 February 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

I'm not the only one confused why this is being posted here, right? :unsure:

No, you are not.

bitslice #6 Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22757 battles

I remember QB's mods being equally petty when chat began ribbing one of his mods,

but yeh, that does kinda make Circon look like a bundle of sticks.

Modding sometimes attracts the wrong people, and you get those who get stressed out over small stuff and then exerting power to compensate.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66541 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGundam_Zero_X, on 11 February 2017 - 02:37 AM, said:

What is a circon, and why should i give horspoo about it?

Nokkeli #8 Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18441 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
I also don't know why this is being posted here but it's like you said, eating burgers from one company while advertising for another. The stream is his business and i would also not be happy if someone came along and started discussing and driving customers to the competition (as a joke or not). 

HighlyExplosive #9 Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 78 battles
Didn't read the post but based on the thread title there's only one logical response: what in the actual fvck is this doing here?

_Augustus__ #10 Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31904 battles
  • [NO0] NO0

View PostSirTogII, on 11 February 2017 - 02:34 AM, said:

While I completely understand there' might be a need (perceived or real) for moderators to keep chats under control, the guys running for Circon seem to have lost the plot completely. 

People are getting banned left, right and centre for nothing. In his latest Leo vid on the tube (brilliant gameplay as always btw) some dude was banned for making a lame but innocent "QB has more memes joke". Seriously? In my case while the chat was discussing maps that have been removed I had the audacity to mention that a certain before mentioned QB had made a video on that topic that provided some good flashbacks. That, according to the mods was the equivalent of "making an advert for McD while eating at BK" and I was promptly banned from the chat. 

Now Im not gonna lose sleep over it but I think it's a shame that the moderators are missing a few basic concepts. By all means have rules, but if so state them publicly for all to see. Nowhere in the rules that I could see does it say "don't ever mention the "unmentionable" name" regardless if it's in context of a discussion. 

Secondly, it's not advertising a competitor mentioning that another person has made a video of content that Circ hasn't covered (at least not yet). They attract very different audiences and it would be the same as saying discussing Lionel Messi in a Chelsea pub would be an act of treason and get you banned from Stamford bridge. Ridiculous. 

The sad thing is the actions of his moderators is tainting the channel and makes the big bearded man look insecure and rather pathetic which is a shame because the content he provides is probably the best there is.

Anyways, hope the mods take a minute to consider what's reasonable and what's just childish and Donald Trump like. 

Remind me, which one is Circon again?

_Augustus__ #11 Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31904 battles
  • [NO0] NO0

View Postbitslice, on 11 February 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

I remember QB's mods being equally petty when chat began ribbing one of his mods,

but yeh, that does kinda make Circon look like a bundle of sticks.

Modding sometimes attracts the wrong people, and you get those who get stressed out over small stuff and then exerting power to compensate.

There can be ONLY ONE !!!

HighlyExplosive #12 Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 78 battles

View Post_A__Baby, on 11 February 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Remind me, which one is Circon again?

It's hard to tell when he's shaved.

SuedKAT #13 Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHighlyExplosive, on 11 February 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

I'd say it's quite a high probability that he's the one on the left, the leopard bra seems like something he'd like for sure.

SirTogII #14 Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47656 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

View PostNokkeli, on 11 February 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

I also don't know why this is being posted here but it's like you said, eating burgers from one company while advertising for another. The stream is his business and i would also not be happy if someone came along and started discussing and driving customers to the competition (as a joke or not). 

How is it driving customers to the competition tho? "QB" is not a streamer, to know what the abbreviation means you'll need to know who he is and already made your choice about who to follow. Also, the choice is not exclusive. I haven't missed a Circon video for a cpl

of years despite the face that I've also managed to watch vids by Orzy. Foch and other providers. 

Lets put it this way: the explanation was "mentioning the unmentionable"

So if it had been Sir Foch everything had been ok... 

Grumledunk #15 Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50207 battles
  • [BOBS_] BOBS_
Does it really matter if Circon's (or QB's for that matter) mods are too ban happy? Twitch chat on popular channels is garbage and pretty much unusable anyway.

basin79 #16 Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View PostHighlyExplosive, on 11 February 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

But how do you know which is shaved???

Ah...............................

K_A #17 Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSirTogII, on 11 February 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

How is it driving customers to the competition tho? "QB" is not a streamer, to know what the abbreviation means you'll need to know who he is and already made your choice about who to follow. Also, the choice is not exclusive. I haven't missed a Circon video for a cpl

of years despite the face that I've also managed to watch vids by Orzy. Foch and other providers. 

Lets put it this way: the explanation was "mentioning the unmentionable"

So if it had been Sir Foch everything had been ok... 

QB is a streamer.. He just makes far more and far more detailed yt videos on the side while Circon relies more on the streams.

The_Aimless #18 Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23718 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostSirTogII, on 11 February 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

Easy answer for a non-problem that you seem to have:
As soon as someone mentions QB in Circon's chat (and I am sure vice versa as well), it agitates the more... let's call it "vocal" part of the chat.
To stop that from happening, there is the simple rule" to not mention unaffiliated streamers", which you appearently overlooked, looking at your post.

Also offenders will get warned once before the hammer hits them in most cases, so he probably quite surely knew why it came about.
It has nothing to do with the little conspiracy theory that you've spun, although it's quite refreshing to read.

And before you ask, YES I am a mod, and NO I am not Trump since my hand are big enough to write this, but thanks for the "input".

Edited by The_Aimless, 18 March 2017 - 10:21 PM.

LittleMark #19 Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20986 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostSirTogII, on 11 February 2017 - 02:34 AM, said:

So you're not gonna lose any sleep over this, but you just HAD to write on a World of Tanks forum because that made so much sense? 
I think more that the problem lies with you, than the moderators, Circon or anyone involved with the channel. 
Apparently there's serious bunch of viewers that understand the rules and how it works on that channel, except you... pity. 
Well you will not be missed, hope you get some sleep my friend. :-) 

Redstar96GR #20 Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22565 battles
  • [GSQT] GSQT

View PostSirTogII, on 11 February 2017 - 03:34 AM, said:

Next time you go on Circon's stream,type !rules,it might help a bit.

Just saying.

Edited by Redstar96GR, 19 March 2017 - 12:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users