Obsidian Entertainment Abandoned Armored Warfare

Armored Warfare Obsidian

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dimitris_1 #1 Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7740 battles

In Armored Warfare Obsidian Entertainment announced today that passes development to My.com

The recent days a PTS was alive to test the new "balance 2"

They abandoned development in the middle of testing as high tier 8-10 vehicles would be tested tonight and tomorrow

It seems that this game is going from bad to worse and OE decided to step away from the whole project.

For all of you that don't know it, they made SPGs there classic TDs and abolished indirect fire. Also they gradualy removed features from the game like the base and introduced many other downgrades.... (only 3 ammo types instead of 5 originally), removing autocannons or nerfing them, introducing to all vehicles ATGMs or removing them

They have lost their minds last months doing experiments and freaking every player out

Now OE leaves. Many players wish WG buys the game and develop it correctly, even though many went there because they didn't like how WoT is developed.

Now Victor you can open your champagne and drink.

You won WG. Congratulations.

Edited by Dimitris_1, 11 February 2017 - 05:00 PM.

basin79 #2 Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
But, but this was the game that was going to "kill" WoT. The final nail in WG's coffin.

Loads of disgruntled WoT players left for greener pastures and a "better tank game experience". You must be mistaken. You have to be Shirley???

DOCT0R_ #3 Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22007 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Well crap. Now I at least know why they went so much into pay to win, there was no more pressure.

K_A #4 Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Saw that coming a long time ago. The only thing keeping AW up and running is their PvE content, PvP is way more toxic than the WoT has ever been.

HighlyExplosive #5 Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 78 battles

It was about time they stopped pretending to know what they're doing. Since Early Access OE has been ignoring nearly all player feedback resulting in the game going live with a ton of bugs, bad map design and horrible imbalance between both classes and tiers. Months after going live they finally realised that if you put a ton of options for changing tank stats in the game, people will run around with 3-4 second reloads on their top tier MBT's so they had to overhaul the retrofit system more than once.

My.Com seems to have realised the game was dead on arrival a long time ago since rather than fixing things most of the content changes in open beta boiled down to "add two new vehicle tiers into an already horrible imbalanced game with an already tiny, fragmented player base, and keep throwing out premiums/reskiniums to milk as much money from the few remaining players as possible". Then came this vague promise of balance 2.0 which appeared to be such a massive overhaul that just like the retrofit system, this should have been in place before the game ever went into open beta.

I've been checking back every once in a while and every time I reached the same conclusion: game still had the same issues as in EA, often exacerbated due to new vehicles, PvP is still dead and horribly imbalanced when you do get a match, PvE is mind-numbingly boring when you play an MBT and know the enemy spawns, and frustratingly idiotic when you're unfamiliar with the scenario and/or play something with no armour.

I put some money into the game (original LoW pack, Merc pack) and I'm glad to see OE go. Either they really were utterly clueless about how to develop this kind of game (pretty amazing considering they can just look at WoT and player feedback) or they were contractually forced to do whatever My.Com told them to, but AW's development can't possibly become more of a disaster now that OE is out of the picture.

Edited by HighlyExplosive, 11 February 2017 - 07:30 PM.

MadSlob #6 Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 25911 battles

View PostHighlyExplosive, on 11 February 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

It was about time they stopped pretending to know what they're doing. Since Early Access OE has been ignoring nearly all player feedback resulting in the game going live with a ton of bugs, bad map design and horrible imbalance between both classes and tiers. Months after going live they finally realised that if you put a ton of options for changing tank stats in the game, people will run around with 3-4 second reloads on their top tier MBT's so they had to overhaul the retrofit system more than once.

My.Com seems to have realised the game was dead on arrival a long time ago since rather than fixing things most of the content changes in open beta boiled down to "add two new vehicle tiers into an already horrible imbalanced game with an already tiny, fragmented player base, and keep throwing out premiums/reskiniums to milk as much money from the few remaining players as possible". Then came this vague promise of balance 2.0 which appeared to be such a massive overhaul that just like the retrofit system, this should have been in place before the game ever went into open beta.

I've been checking back every once in a while and every time I reached the same conclusion: game still had the same issues as in EA, often exacerbated due to new vehicles, PvP is still dead and horribly imbalanced when you do get a match, PvE is mind-numbingly boring when you play an MBT and know the enemy spawns, and frustratingly idiotic when you're unfamiliar with the scenario and/or play something with no armour.

I put some money into the game (original LoW pack, Merc pack) and I'm glad to see OE go. Either they really were utterly clueless about how to develop this kind of game (pretty amazing considering they can just look at WoT and player feedback) or they were contractually forced to do whatever My.Com told them to, but AW's development can't possibly become more of a disaster now that OE is out of the picture.

half -baked inaccurate statement

Also tagged with Armored Warfare, Obsidian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users