T32 is terrible tank

T32 american usa heavy T26E5 patriot

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

FireStickCZ #1 Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5184 battles

Hello guys, this post is about T32, (which was quite bad from beginning to be honest), but especially now it is really terrible, because of the newly introduced tanks :mellow:

The main reason why T32 sucks is the gun:

198 mm of penetration is awful, if not counting the tanks with preferental MM, it is the worst penetration on any tier 8 heavy, even worse than most of medium tanks

0.41 accuracy is so bad, that even IS-3 has better accuracy.

The penetration is just simply not good enough to penetrate even some same tier heavy tanks, trying to penetrate higher tier heavy is impossible. Seriously, you can not even penetrate T-54 :amazed:Even if you load APCR, you can barely penetrate E100's lower plate.

With the combination of horrific accuracy, you can not even hit weakspots. That makes you nearly useless in bad matchmaking, because you can not damage anyone. :hiding:

(By the way, on Sandbox server they are nerfing all guns with 0.4 accuracy or higher http://worldoftanks....ox_2_iteration/ , because apparently accuracy needs nerf right? :facepalm:)

And even when you are top tier, you miss or fail to penetrate most of your shots, that means your DPM potencial (which is already mediocore) drops even more. T32 is just really bad at dealing damage!

As a bonus, each AP shell cost 1000 credits, you lose massive amount of credits for ammo each game, so missing shots is even more painful. :ohmy:

So how can you do damage efectively? Get closer and flank enemy? :trollface:

No, definetely not with 35 km/h top speed. While it is faster than KV-4 or Lowe, most of other heavy tanks are faster than it...

Alright, enough talking about damage dealing, let's talk about the armor, it is heavy tank after all right? :teethhappy:

Starting with hull armor, it is not very good... The upper plate has only around 180-190 mm, so don't expect to bounce any tier 8 heavy (actually even mediums can pen you after the buffs).

On top of that, T32 also has really weak machinegun port and lower plate, which are only 150 mm thick. Even tier 6s can pen it. :mellow:

But now, finally, the glorious T32 IMPENETRABLE TURRET!!! :medal:................................ Or not? :unsure:

T32 has extremely thick turret armor, with 300 mm armor. On angled parts, it might even reach 700 mm!

Cupola is the weakspot, although it is pretty small and has around 230 mm. Now that seems incredible right? RIGHT?:great:

However, the there is actualy way how to damage T32 when it is hull down.....:sceptic: It is called "trap shot".

If you hit the lower part of the gun mantlet, the shell will bounce downwards and penetrate the hull from above:

So, let's sum this up:

T32 has average alpha damage, mediocore DPM, awful penetration, horrific accuracy, just ok speed and terrible hull armor.

The only strong point is the turret armor, but it can be easily bypassed by trap shot. :P

Ehm... so what are the strong points of T32 again? The view range maybe?.... :trollface:

In conclusion, the T32 is a truly terrible tank!

But we are not done yet! Let's compare it to other tank: the infamous T26E5 Patriot, tier 8 premium US heavy tank.

Compared to T32 it has:

+ Better penetration

+ Better accuracy

+ Better DPM

+ Better hull armor, because it does not have any frontal weakspots

+ Faster speed

And because it is a premium tank, it also makes credits and can be used for crew training. Thanks Obama! :trollface:

With new tanks and newly buffed tanks in the game, the T32 just falls behind. I can not imagine how it will fight new german heavy tanks comming in 9.17.1....

So yeah, T32 really needs some serious buffs to be competetive.

Edited by FireStickCZ, 02 March 2017 - 02:46 PM.

Velvet_Underground #2 Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22243 battles
What about the tier 8 meds?

totallynotmilki30 #3 Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

This is one of the worst cases of a need to git gud I've recently seen.

Also, powercreep isn't fixed by powercreeping more stuff.

Rico_Shay #4 Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34383 battles
198 pen is so wrong =)

Laatikkomafia #5 Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I wouldn't mind if the 105mm had a slight accuracy buff. But other than that, the tank is still pretty good.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #6 Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 23 February 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind if the 105mm had a slight accuracy buff. But other than that, the tank is still pretty good.

Specifically, the pen is bad.

http://www.vbaddict....pierced&server=

position 79 out of 82 Tier 8 tanks.

...still pretty good... my bum.

Same goes for the M6A2E1 (small sample size skewes it's position) which has the same gun.

jemster #7 Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34685 battles

View PostSpek_en_Bonen, on 27 February 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Specifically, the pen is bad.

http://www.vbaddict....pierced&server=

position 79 out of 82 Tier 8 tanks.

...still pretty good... my bum.

Same goes for the M6A2E1 (small sample size skewes it's position) which has the same gun.

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 23 February 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

Word.

lucanas #8 Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16583 battles
  • [L-T-U] L-T-U

View PostFireStickCZ, on 13 February 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Hello guys, this post is about T32, (which was quite bad from beginning to be honest), but especially now it is really terrible, because of the newly introduced tanks :mellow:

198 mm of penetration is awful, if not counting the tanks with preferental MM, it is the worst penetration on any tier 8 heavy, even worse than most of medium tanks

The penetration is just simply not good enough to penetrate even some same tier heavy tanks, trying to penetrate higher tier heavy is impossible. Seriously, you can not even penetrate T-54 :amazed:Even if you load APCR, you can barely penetrate E100's lower plate.

With the combination of horrific accuracy, you can not even hit weakspots. That makes you nearly useless in bad matchmaking, because you can not damage anyone. :hiding:

(By the way, on Sandbox server they are nerfing all guns with 0.4 accuracy or higher http://worldoftanks....ox_2_iteration/ , because apparently accuracy needs nerf right? :facepalm:)

And even when you are top tier, you miss or fail to penetrate most of your shots, that means your DPM potencial (which is already mediocore) drops even more. T32 is just really bad at dealing damage!

As a bonus, each AP shell cost 1000 credits, you lose massive amount of credits for ammo each game, so missing shots is even more painful. :ohmy:

No, definetely not with 35 km/h top speed. While it is faster than KV-4 or Lowe, most of other heavy tanks are faster than it...

Alright, enough talking about damage dealing, let's talk about the armor, it is heavy tank after all right? :teethhappy:

Starting with hull armor, it is not very good... The upper plate has only around 180-190 mm, so don't expect to bounce any tier 8 heavy (actually even mediums can pen you after the buffs).

On top of that, T32 also has really weak machinegun port and lower plate, which are only 150 mm thick. Even tier 6s can pen it. :mellow:

But now, finally, the glorious T32 IMPENETRABLE TURRET!!! :medal:................................ Or not? :unsure:

T32 has extremely thick turret armor, with 300 mm armor. On angled parts, it might even reach 700 mm!

Cupola is the weakspot, although it is pretty small and has around 230 mm. Now that seems incredible right? RIGHT?:great:

However, the there is actualy way how to damage T32 when it is hull down.....:sceptic: It is called "trap shot".

If you hit the lower part of the gun mantlet, the shell will bounce downwards and penetrate the hull from above:

So, let's sum this up:

T32 has average alpha damage, mediocore DPM, awful penetration, horrific accuracy, just ok speed and terrible hull armor.

The only strong point is the turret armor, but it can be easily bypassed by trap shot. :P

Ehm... so what are the strong points of T32 again? The view range maybe?.... :trollface:

But we are not done yet! Let's compare it to other tank: the infamous T26E5 Patriot, tier 8 premium US heavy tank.

Compared to T32 it has:

+ Better penetration

+ Better accuracy

+ Better DPM

+ Faster speed

And because it is a premium tank, it also makes credits and can be used for crew training. Thanks Obama! :trollface:

With new tanks and newly buffed tanks in the game, the T32 just falls behind. I can not imagine how it will fight new german heavy tanks comming in 9.17.1....

​This tank is totally crap even Pilot is better tank compared to t32. The only it has a good turret but paper hull. No mobility, no penetration, only good turret , play up the hill but what can you play if you cant penetrate any heavy tank. :D Gun is a joke.

macenkrace #9 Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10246 battles
  • [RA-DV] RA-DV
Dude T26E5 sucks. it's a shitty tank so comparing the T32 with it is like comparing a pile of dirt with a dust, not that much difference between them

Kupsztas #10 Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21280 battles
  • [PUNKS] PUNKS

I personally wasn't penetrated into the turret weakspots that often - mostly because I was rarely stopping for longer and because people do not know about "bounce off the lower part of turret" method. 

I liked this tank. even with all its drawbacks it was fun to play. the view range was helping me alot many times - this may sound like a joke, but this tank does good spotting job by popping turret over a ridgeline. 

but yeah, now that patriot is there with only two things worse (alpha and 10m view range) and everything else better, I think that T32 is behind. I'd like it to have either better DPM for more close combat actions or more accuracy to be able to work mid range combat. 

or change its 90mm gun to the one patriot has, let's have another copypasta in game - it works well for soviet pike nose heavies.

Edited by Kupsztas, 16 April 2017 - 08:03 PM.

RockerJura #11 Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23906 battles

The 105mm is totally wrong on T32... Only thing T32 needs is either 90 mm Gun T7E1 or 90mm T15 E2M2.  

I think we as a WOT community, should just cheer for better 90mm gun beacuse of two reasons...  

First... Better 90mm gun would make T32 a much better tank, without making it OP or broken...  

Second... The 90mm was historycal gun on T32.  

Do i need to say more?

Edited by RockerJura, 16 April 2017 - 10:09 PM.

Antaris #12 Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 74233 battles
  • [X-TRA] X-TRA

View PostFireStickCZ, on 13 February 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

So, let's sum this up:

Compared to T32 it has:

+ Better penetration

+ Better accuracy

+ Better DPM

+ Faster speed

+1

Very sad to collect dust in my garage.

7 skills crew...

Syllom #13 Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39023 battles
  • [1PKS] 1PKS

Good try OP, there are better posts than yours in this section. with the king http://forum.worldof...nk-much-better/, that post should be kept in archives for good memories

Have a good read

TeaSast3r #14 Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6079 battles
  • [-USR-] -USR-

I have unlocked this tank months ago but still don't played it. It seems so underpowered paper wise... i mean that gun on a freakish slow tank with mediocre overall armor. Jesus!

It may been better back in the days, but now will all that powercreep's in this game it just seems bad.

WG needs to either remove it and put a new one as a T8 or overbuff it. New gun seems mandatory in this thing.

icyeagle92 #15 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13159 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
I agree with the op. T32 suffers from being outclassed by many tanks while tanks like IS-3 never gets nerfed which has hilariously broken gun stats. Only reason why T32 is in my garage is CW but recently it rarely gets use unless team needs couple of hull down tanks.  If Patriot had better turret against press 2 to win I would sell it. T32 needs to be updated to meet today's standards. 

Danzeratar #16 Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15132 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Best tier 8 tank with tier 10 matchmaking

aNi_NaNaHaRa #17 Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21621 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

Try to play a 1v1 T32 vs is3 and enjoy your overplay engaging the russian one ;)

http://www.twitch.tv/sabran_alb/v/211975857?sr=a&t=207s

Antaris #18 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 74233 battles
  • [X-TRA] X-TRA

Is anyone playing this massive failure T32?

Any hope to be leveled up to current T8 tanks?

MeetriX #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22673 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
Currently I have 6 tier8 tanks and T32 is the only one I enjoy playing.

MrClark56 #20 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 6812 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMeetriX, on 07 January 2018 - 11:28 PM, said:

Currently I have 6 tier8 tanks and T32 is the only one I enjoy playing.

is it better than the T29? i have it unlocked but can't be bothered to buy it and grind it since the line doesn't seem that good.

Also tagged with T32, american, usa, heavy, T26E5, patriot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users