• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

raulz0r #1 Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9449 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

World of Tanks streamer Brian ‘Poshybrid’ Vigneault has sadly passed away. He died of unknown causes 22 hours into a a charity stream raising money for the Make-A-Wish foundation.

The 35 year-old dad of three had intended to complete a number of 20+ hour streams over one week to raise money for the charity – he went for a smoke at one point during the stream and didn’t come back.

Poshy said he was going for smokes and left the stream running we were all still here assuming he had fallen asleep.

A moderator known as Sorelor then attempted to reach Vigneault though a  gaming communication app called Discord, only to speak with a detective from the Virginia Beach police department, who confirmed that the streamer had passed away.

The police are currently looking into the exact nature of Vigneault’s death, but remain unsure at the time of writing. No links have been made to the streamer’s marathon and his passing at this point.

Source: http://www.unilad.co...ty-live-stream/

Personally I didn't watch his streams, but it's really heartbreaking to read about something like this. :(

LandserSkin #2 Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29366 battles
  • [ARC4N] ARC4N
I discussed with someome on the NA forums and we agreed to do a co-op to talk Wargaming and suggest they make some kind of tribute premium tank or emblem or something, with all profits to go to the family he left behind. I will bump the NA post and will post link to here so they can bump us. We jave to come together as a community in times like these. I suggested an idea everyone can participate in. If anyone or wargaming themselves have a better idea i'm open to suggestions. I also did not watch his streams but i feel this is the right thing to do. Take example from Blizzard.

raulz0r #3 Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9449 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLandserSkin, on 22 February 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

I discussed with someome on the NA forums and we agreed to do a co-op to talk Wargaming and suggest they make some kind of tribute premium tank or emblem or something, with all profits to go to the family he left behind. I will bump the NA post and will post link to here so they can bump us. We jave to come together as a community in times like these. I suggested an idea everyone can participate in. If anyone or wargaming themselves have a better idea i'm open to suggestions. I also did not watch his streams but i feel this is the right thing to do. Take example from Blizzard.

I agree they should release a premium in his honor, nothing special a tier 3 or something and all the proceedings should go to his family.

Edited by raulz0r, 22 February 2017 - 04:57 PM.

LandserSkin #4 Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29366 battles
  • [ARC4N] ARC4N

View Postraulz0r, on 22 February 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

I agree they should release a premium in his honor, nothing special a tier 3 or something and all the proceedings should go to his family.

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Another topic somone started from a WoT facebook group before we knew of your post.

LandserSkin #5 Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29366 battles
  • [ARC4N] ARC4N
I would buy it, if only for the good deed and nothing else. his family needs support and i think this is the right thing to do since he died while streaming WoT for charity, his legacy in wot should be a charity. tier 3-5 should be fine. WITH NO OVERPRICED BUNDLES AND STUFF just the regular tank. Or as i said in the other post, even emblems with his face or an inscription with his name which would all come in an exterior pack. Maybe some sort of special camo. And i also belive he should be featured in any anniversary garages with some sort of statue monument. Nothing too big. You know the kind with flavor hover-over text.Since this isn't Blizzard and they can't just NPC him into the game i think this is the next best thing.

m1x_angelico #6 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22295 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostLandserSkin, on 22 February 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Great idea!

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7633 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Remember kids; sleep is more important than gaming or charity.

clocky #8 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19693 battles
  • [ONB] ONB

People at 35 , with 3 kids, should have  other priorities than 24 hour gaming. 

Flustered_Ferret #9 Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1357 battles

Took a while but it finally made it to the BBC...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-39232620

Block Quote

The death of a prominent gamer has led to a debate about whether gaming marathons are hazardous to health.

Brian Vigneault was a 35-year-old father of three from Virginia, USA who gamed under the alias Poshybird. In February he took on a 24-hour-long gaming marathon, playing World of Tanks to raise money for charity.

The marathon was streamed to a live audience on the website Twitch, which describes itself as "the world's leading video platform and community for gamers".

Twenty two hours in, Vigneault reportedly went outside to take a cigarette break. He didn't return to the screen - and later died.

Vigneault's exact cause of death has not yet been established, or conclusively linked to his streaming marathon. But his friend Jessica Gebauer, who spoke to him on the night he died, told BBC Trending that he looked "extremely tired" and was falling asleep during the stream.

Thing is lots of people do make money from online gaming - just look at some of the pro WoT players from the top clans.

Professional online gaming is a multi-million dollar industry now.

With the advent of YouTube and Twitch, you don't even need to be in a pro gaming stable to make money. Just look at guys like Quickybaby. Although they don't make anything like the same kind of money, it shows it is possible.

Sadly, unlike pro gaming clans, there is no regulation on how long you play and the lure of the potential rewards I guess can lead people to leading very unhealthy lifestyles.

Orzanel did a charity stream for Poshy's family the following day - which I donated to. If anyone feels like doing the same, you can via the GoFundMe page that was set up.

https://www.gofundme.com/poshybrid

Obsessive_Compulsive #10 Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

General

• Player
  • 25212 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View Postclocky, on 25 February 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

People at 35 , with 3 kids, should have  other priorities than 24 hour gaming. 

its posible that was how he earned his kids food and warmth..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users