Best Tier IV tank for one on one

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Smradina #21 Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30025 battles

View PostFeindfeuer, on 20 October 2011 - 08:24 AM, said:

The Leopard has 40HP more than the PzKpfw III and  bounces more AP shell. It is more vulnerable to HE spam to the front and can't mount a rammer though. The T-28 is a nice option, it's 85 & 57mm topguns outdamage every other gunoption on that tier. Sure, you'll be penetrated by any tank, but you'll penetrate everyone else too and do alot more alpha damage.

The other Tier IV i tested yesterday were not that great for the one on one machtes
Lee, has a great gun but not turret and rather slow traverse speed will leave you vulnerable most of the time and you're dead once you're tracked
Valentine, great all around armor, but your 45mm gun is useless against the frontal armor of almost all tier 4 tanks.
T50, great speed and maneuverability, but the armor is not very thick and tier 4 tanks have no problem tracking you at high speed (well, all but the Lee)

Im not sure where you found that leo is more vulnerable than pz3 on HEs especially from front. Never took more than 20% from front.

As for Lee, it have good potential, and since most of T-28 that I faced were campers on funcup, M3Lee seems even better option. Lee can bounce/ding while T-28 cant and gun is simply more deadly because you can actually miss and win.

Only reason why I dont play funcup with Lee is that I cant afford space in garage/barracks and I enjoy more to play with Leo. After all, my kill ratio with Lee in random battles is 1.6 and that can tell you alot about tank if you using it right

SnibediSnabs #22 Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14355 battles
try M8A1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users