• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Tidal_Force #1 Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16111 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

POPULAR

I do like having facetious and misleading titles, but this thread is exactly what you are expecting.

I quit (live server), and I bid you farewell.

Permanently? Who knows? WoT IS addictive, and direction in which sansbox is heading, actually IS promising. I'll keep watching and trying to influence the changes, and might come back if I like what I see.

I'll still crap-post the forum, because old habits die hard.

If you ever see me stop posting, it means I'm gone for good, or got permabanned finally. It will be Total_Farce. *wink*

Why? There are two reasons.

Armour mechanic was always the main feature of WoT. Armour wasn't just arbitrary modifier in style of -40% damage or -200 damage. Instead armour was modelled properly, and actually did rely on comparing each shot versus armour, like a proper simulation should (arbitrary and simplified, but still more of a simulation than anything). This intricacy was the main reason I played this game. Artillery and derpguns were always detrimental, by completely ignoring this intricate mechanic and going for simple and stupid -armour_thickness reduction. Yes I did play derps on tier 5, and do think they are acceptable low tier crutches for new players, but for high tier, guns completely bypassing the core game mechanics is completely unacceptable.

I have been calling goldammo+premium tanks/account an indirect P2W for a long time now. But with armour overbuffs it reached absurd levels - now you either spam gold or feed top tier idiots. And no, you can't make credits on mid tiers, not without premium tank/account, in fact you never could if you wanted to actually be competitive during match. It was always choice to either do nothing and feed top tiers, or waste all credits and perhaps even more, those who claim otherwise, never even played in pure F2P mode. Since Skorpion, however, WG wasn't satisfied with indirect P2W any more. Tier 8 IS7, as Orzanel described it, is the latest result of this trend. I refuse to any longer play game which is so strongly biased. Games are supposed to be decided by player skill, not wallet size.

In threads discussing balance, I have multiple times said that game is going to hell, but there still is a reason for me to play. As of last patch, this reason is finally gone. Core mechanics which kept me playing are now officially pushed to margin (penetration mechanic and camo), and imbalance become unacceptable. And so, I'm leaving.

And now, QA section:

Q: Can I haz ur stuffs?

A:

Q: 16000

A: Sorry, what's the question?

Q: Did you deliberately aim for 16000 games?

A: No. It's pure accident. I didn't even realise it until I started writing this section of the post.

Q: You have M60, do you have any M60 codes? Can I have one?

A: Yes, I have M60. Yes, I have codes. Depends, do you have attractive daughter or sister aged between 18 and 30?

Q: Did you ragesell your tanks?

A: No.

Q: Did you rage dismiss crew?

A: No.

Q: Did you uninstall already?

A: Yes. Between WoT client, CT client, CT_phys client, obsolete SB client, WoWs and some folders containing stuff I don't want to keep, I removed over 100GB of files. I'm still keeping 13 GB of replays, because I tend to keep old saves and things like that.

Q: [edited]you.

A: You too.

Q: Why I'm not in special mention section below?

A: It's possible that I have forgotten for some reason.

Or I did it on purpose because I have you on ignore for being a dumbass.

There are two possibilities: that I have forgotten or I omitted you on purpose because I have you on ignore for being an idiot or I didn't interact with you enough to warrant special mention.

Three possibilities. There are three possibilities, that lack of interaction doesn't warrant mention, that I have forgotten, I have ignored you or that I wanted to see your reaction to not being mentioned.

Four possibilities. Among the reasons...

Nope, this joke doesn't work so well here.

Q: And don't come back.

A: I'm glad you want me to succeed against addiction. T(h)ank you.

And special t(h)anks section:

• Vonnis - for excellent rebuttals, and masterpiece putdowns. You provided very high quality lols.

Welcome back, mr. Vonnis. Yes, prodigal son is back from land of AW. But I won't spoil the surprise any further.

• Bowser_nl - for seal. Having own seal has been my dream for years. It finally came true last year. T(H)ANK YOU!

All hail the master of the Seal(s)!

• Desyatnik_Pansy - You don't seem to post much outside of bar these days, and I don't post much in bar, but I still remember fondly your long threads, all the trolling, thread hijacking and late night forum discussions dragging on forever.

Panties changes avatars so often, it's actually pointless. But to hell with that.

• 2Tee2 - T(h)ank you for random threads appearing out of the blue. For some reason (which I don't know myself), I found them funny, pity they usually were cut in their prime by mods.

I liked your cat-avatar the most.

• SGTA - group t(h)ank you for for trying to improve the players. Pity that you are gone now. I would say this IS a mark of decline.

• RichardNixon - forumite best known for his contribution to stat-based threads, where he invariably appeared out of nowhere debunking misconceptions with actual data and knowledge. You are another one who doesn't post here, but I t(h)ank you anyway.

Yes, that's default avatar. Some heroes don't need fancy emblems.

• Per_Saukko_EU - I said that for your endless rant I will put you on ignore one day. I guess the risk of this happening is pretty much gone now. T(h)ank you for your contribution to forum liveliness.

"That's not Superman, that's Clark Kent" but I have no idea how this relates here.

• Xensation - Do you even post these days? If you do, do you remember "not very weekly tips"? It was long ago. I think it was your post about map control, part of "not very weekly tips", that changed the way I looked at the map. T(h)anks for that.

I remember the time when you wore "3 heroes" avatar, you undercover WG shill :P

Your seal should have a massive headache by now. I wish you a lot of fun with new meta, my favourite meat steelshield :P

• LordMuffin - for forum activity and my "stat" banner

You really should have muffin on your avatar.

• Baldrickk - for platoons and forum activity

Good luck to you, you DirtyScrub.

• WafflePanzer - like Panties, you don't seem to post much outside of bar these days

Achooo. I'm allergic to anime. While painfull, fetching your avatar had to be done.

• gpalson - for forum activity, kicks and occasional platoon

We (forumites) lost you because of the very first sandbox. Minute of silence for lost -MM brother.

• Domstadtkerl - I would say something nice about you, but I would get banned.

I have seen neckbirds. But neckird penguin really IS something.

• MadMen not already mentioned above (except of tajj7), for making forums an interesting place.

As you can see, despite rumours, they are not Dinger subklanu. They are S4 subklanu. Can I join you if I comecrawl get dragged back?

• Long_Range_Sniper - perhaps you are not as bad as I thought :P T(h)anks for helping me stay sane through my last attempt to start new line.

But I still think you are filthy clicker.

• forumites channel regulars
  • sh_mercs mercenaries
  • GrumblingGrenade - I can't actually remember why, but you are in "special t(h)anks" of "goodbye" draft which I wrote 2 years ago, but never posted, so you did earn it :teethhappy:

• Lorraine 40t - my true love, which I abandoned for reasons most petty - lack of odd tiered CW and SH. I was so stupid, and after change I couldn't even fix this any more:(

Isn't she beautiful?

And I'm sure I have forgotten someone, sorry.

Special apology to:

• H311fi5h - for stealing a quote from him to my sig, without asking for permission.

This is his seal.

People from clans/groups I was in, don't actually post much on this forum section, but those following people deserve special mention:

HURLEY_

Caracs (I'm ashamed these days of what we used to do)

Bearcats

xXGerman_intelligenceXx

Bluairx (I think, can't check, he's using different name now, not sure he would want it revealed)

brzikojot

vickenhonda

bruffio

Seems all that time I rolled more with forumites than clanmates.

Having typed this section, I wonder if mechanics was really what kept me playing last year, or maybe even two...

Well. Goodbye.

See you in another thread, but not on battlefield.

Edited by Tidal_Force, 26 February 2017 - 01:00 AM.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22288 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Sorry to see you go:(........see you next month.:great:

Darksteel_Plate #3 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9580 battles
  • [97TH] 97TH
see you in a few months, if it isn't  weeks

SuperJimbo #4 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7792 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

PowJay #5 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34540 battles

I think that you forgot "Shut the door on your way out."

And as for the special mention section..........

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

General

• Player
  • 28140 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Cobra6 #7 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16305 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Aaaaw that is sad news :(

What is even sadder is that I didn't get any special thanks!

I also see the direction this game is going in which made me decide to stop spending money on new premium tanks, if this BS keeps up I might take another break soon as balancing seems to have gone completely out of the window.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 26 February 2017 - 01:11 AM.

Wintermute_1 #8 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42355 battles
Self indulgent much?

Tidal_Force #9 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16111 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 26 February 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

Sorry to see you go:(........see you next month.:great:

Next month starts in 3 days! I was hoping to stay away for longer.

View PostDarksteel_Plate, on 26 February 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

see you in a few months, if it isn't  weeks

Yes, I did take multiple breaks from WoT in those years. Longest was half a year, but never before I actually went as far as to say that in forum.

Time will tell what happens next.

View PostSuperJimbo, on 26 February 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

View PostCobra6, on 26 February 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

Aaaaw that is sad news :(

What is even sadder is that I didn't get any special thanks!

I also see the direction this game is going in which made me decide to stop spending money on new premium tanks, if this BS keeps up I might take another break soon as balancing seems to have gone completely out of the window.

Cobra 6

I'm more attached to you, guys, than game itself. We are called "caustic community", but it really is a community.

View PostPowJay, on 26 February 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

I think that you forgot "Shut the door on your way out."

And as for the special mention section..........

Deepest apology. I do not know you well enough to write truly personalised farewell.

Element6_TheSprout #10 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28962 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Doesn't really feel like a goodbye since you'll still be around here, and that if you continued there's no guarantee we'd ever meet in a battle even if we both pressed on to 50.000 each.

You are leaving gameplay, so I guess you are in the right section...

Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

General

• Player
  • 28140 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWintermute_1, on 26 February 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

Self indulgent much?

I have also decided, on the spur of the moment to abandon the game, because of reasons.

I would like to thank numerous persons whose names escape me.

LoliPrincess #12 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3901 battles
  • [K-ON-] K-ON-
This forum is a worse circlejerk than Reddit

Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:22 AM

General

• Player
  • 28140 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLoliPrincess, on 26 February 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

This forum is a worse circlejerk than Reddit

What is Reddit?

Some of us are quite old and are unfamiliar with young persons' toys.

SuperJimbo #14 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7792 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 26 February 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

What is Reddit?

Some of us are quite old and are unfamiliar with young persons' toys.

Similar to the WoT forum they enjoy indulging in virtual bukake. But we're obviously better at it than the filthy reddit plebs...:B

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14991 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTidal_Force, on 25 February 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

• Desyatnik_Pansy - You don't seem to post much outside of bar these days, and I don't post much in bar, but I still remember fondly your long threads, all the trolling, thread hijacking and late night forum discussions dragging on forever.

Panties changes avatars so often, it's actually pointless. But to hell with that.

I don't even post in Bar much anymore. Not that I've fallen out with the forums or anything, I'm technically more busy than usually ("busy" by my standards means I can't just sit on here every day of the week from like 2pm to 2am like I used to. I spend most of my day playing with my cat and then having to play with my idiot friend Chaos, and if I'm not doing either, I'm usually playing BF1 on Xbox Juan or doing mod crap) and sometimes when I'm actually on the forums, the active threads don't interest me much. :P

Also, I have always wanted to make a full list of all my avatars I've used on here but I've forgotten half of them, and I tend to delete them shortly after using them. :hiding:

TsundereWaffle #16 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26282 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

At least you'll still be around on the forum, it wouldn't be the same. It would be like a Russian tank without armor, and alpha damage, and mobility, amd positive RNG, and penetration...

And I honestly would post more outside of the forum bar but I am too busy lately with life and different games to be capable of paying attention to the forum all that much. But who knows, maybe I'll write a guide again soon.

Bulldog_Drummond #17 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:36 AM

General

• Player
  • 28140 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuperJimbo, on 26 February 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

Similar to the WoT forum they enjoy indulging in virtual bukake. But we're obviously better at it than the filthy reddit plebs...:B

I hesitate to ask what bukake might be.

Tidal_Force #18 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16111 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 26 February 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

I don't even post in Bar much anymore. Not that I've fallen out with the forums or anything, I'm technically more busy than usually ("busy" by my standards means I can't just sit on here every day of the week from like 2pm to 2am like I used to. I spend most of my day playing with my cat and then having to play with my idiot friend Chaos, and if I'm not doing either, I'm usually playing BF1 on Xbox Juan or doing mod crap) and sometimes when I'm actually on the forums, the active threads don't interest me much. :P

Also, I have always wanted to make a full list of all my avatars I've used on here but I've forgotten half of them, and I tend to delete them shortly after using them. :hiding:

How dare you have life outside of WoT!

Teach me. I forgot. :V

View PostWafflePanzer, on 26 February 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

At least you'll still be around on the forum, it wouldn't be the same. It would be like a Russian tank without armor, and alpha damage, and mobility, amd positive RNG, and penetration...

And I honestly would post more outside of the forum bar but I am too busy lately with life and different games to be capable of paying attention to the forum all that much. But who knows, maybe I'll write a guide again soon.

If trend continues I should be for a while, before I completely fade away. Would hate to do so without warning. That would be rude.

But hey, if SerB waves magic wand, and makes WoT great again, I'm perfectly happy to run back as fas as I can.

Bulldog_Drummond #19 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

General

• Player
  • 28140 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 26 February 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

1ncompetenc3 #20 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36867 battles

Hmm, I see. Game does keep accelerating on its journey to a path of OP premium tonks in neat corridors, and even when WG tries to make armour viable by buffing some tanks they end up overdoing it so that premium ammo is the obvious way to deal with it and anyone using AP can go fvck himself. Or use derp guns at tier X because arty players want to experience sniper mode. I still enjoy the game (thankfully, because the alternatives are not even worth mentioning) but I'm not terribly optimistic about where the game is heading. We'll see where the train crashes.

On a sidenote, I'd say the thread title is misleading. I mean, you're not leaving the forums so very little will actually change in our interactions here, only difference is that you'll have a clean, round battle count. Hopefully WG come to their senses so it won't stay that way. On the plus side, that is a nice thanks/hall of fame you've got there. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users