Desyatnik_Pansy #22 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:45 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18259 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTidal_Force, on 26 February 2017 - 12:37 AM, said:

How dare you have life outside of WoT!

Teach me. I forgot. :V

I'll teach you if you teach me the opposite, I want to go back to those days. ;x;

Tidal_Force #23 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16195 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 26 February 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

Hmm, I see. Game does keep accelerating on its journey to a path of OP premium tonks in neat corridors, and even when WG tries to make armour viable by buffing some tanks they end up overdoing it so that premium ammo is the obvious way to deal with it and anyone using AP can go fvck himself. Or use derp guns at tier X because arty players want to experience sniper mode. I still enjoy the game (thankfully, because the alternatives are not even worth mentioning) but I'm not terribly optimistic about where the game is heading. We'll see where the train crashes.

On a sidenote, I'd say the thread title is misleading. I mean, you're not leaving the forums so very little will actually change in our interactions here, only difference is that you'll have a clean, round battle count. Hopefully WG come to their senses so it won't stay that way. On the plus side, that is a nice thanks/hall of fame you've got there. ;)

Don't we all hate the "%^&*&$@#&*#^ RNG !#^&@!)(#*&* MM !@(#&@!#)& LOSS STREAK @*(#!$^)!$& RAGEQUIT" threads. I tried to do it with more class.

Misleading, maybe a bit. But as I said to Waffle, unless they reverse the trend, one day I will fade away, and I would hate to do it without some sense of closure.

Thanks, I tried to include significant forumites, including those who don't post and those who I thought don't post. Impossible to remember all the players I conversed here over the course of last 4 years or so, bit I tried. EDIT: Heck, I even remember some avatars, but can't recall names, and so I couldn't find them. Also, remember that this list IS personal.

Edited by Tidal_Force, 26 February 2017 - 02:00 AM.

TsundereWaffle #24 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28406 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 26 February 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

I'll teach you if you teach me the opposite, I want to go back to those days. ;x;

Rule #1 There is no such thing as "outside"

Bulldog_Drummond #25 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33401 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostDosjer007, on 26 February 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

When and where can we start with the bets? :D

Tidal_Force #26 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16195 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 26 February 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

I refuse. For your own good, I refuse.

I am not a saint, but there are things so wrong, I will never do them. Never.

SuperJimbo #27 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7874 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 26 February 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

I hesitate to ask what bukake might be.

Google is not your friend in this situation. I regret knowing myself :unsure:

Bulldog_Drummond #28 Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33401 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostTidal_Force, on 26 February 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

I refuse. For your own good, I refuse.

I am not a saint, but there are things so wrong, I will never do them. Never.

But what with you being there and us being here, would this not be a golden opportunity?

Seize the moment.  Seize it.

Bulldog_Drummond #29 Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33401 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostSuperJimbo, on 26 February 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

Google is not your friend in this situation. I regret knowing myself :unsure:

I was watching an episode of Bepob Cowboy with my son this afternoon and when I mentioned that there was a futunari element to the story he told me I was too old to know about such things, which I thought was sweet.

VonniVidiVici #30 Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38759 battles

View PostTidal_Force, on 26 February 2017 - 01:47 AM, said:

Don't we all hate the "%^&*&$@#&*#^ RNG !#^&@!)(#*&* MM !@(#&@!#)& LOSS STREAK @*(#!$^)!$& RAGEQUIT" threads. I tried to do it with more class.

Misleading, maybe a bit. But as I said to Waffle, unless they reverse the trend, one day I will fade away, and I would hate to do it without some sense of closure.

Thanks, I tried to include significant forumites, including those who don't post and those who I thought don't post. Impossible to remember all the players I conversed here over the course of last 4 years or so, bit I tried. EDIT: Heck, I even remember some avatars, but can't recall names, and so I couldn't find them.

Yeah, the peasantry is usually quite crude about these things. Not to mention it's often the first post they ever make on the forum so nobody even knows who they are. :D I appreciate the classy approach, and kudos on remembering that many, even those that are/were lost. ;)

View PostTidal_Force, on 26 February 2017 - 01:16 AM, said:

I'm more attached to you, guys, than game itself. We are called "caustic community", but it really is a community.

D'aww. It's heartwarming because it's true. :)

SuedKAT #31 Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

We haven't always agreed, but you've always been up for a discussion and been able to put forward arguments that make sense and/or have been relevant, that's refreshing when you spend as much time on the forum as I do (which is a lot less that some of you reading this).

Other than that, I just realized two things, I miss your old avatar and what the heck is Vonnis up to? He was the forumite apart from Balc0ra I ran into in-game the most, I saw him all over the forum and then I must have missed something but he just vanished.

M1tchy #32 Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 35939 battles

Bye, but hopefully a temporary one.

This game is very addictive, but more frustrating every update and with increasing numbers of brain dead players.

I am still on a break, and will probably come back one day, but no idea of when. Maybe in April I will have a 5th anniversary fumble with the game.

WoT became too chaotic to play randoms, and I don't platoon much or do any clan stuff.

This game has become something akin to buying that fast car you always wanted, then a few weeks later your neighbour buys the newer version with a bit more power (bigger gun) and better brakes (more armour).

It's finding a replacement for WoT that's difficult.  I used to play a lot of fps games, Call of Duty, Battlefield etc, but have become bored with them. Maybe a break from gaming is in order.

Edit:   Sorry if that was too much of me.

Edited by M1tchy, 26 February 2017 - 07:37 AM.

_Hakkapeliitta_ #33 Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49498 battles
bye bye...should i know who u are....well i dont, but good bye

ZeroCommaZero #34 Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44939 battles
  • [JERKS] JERKS
mid tier sealclubber choose to not play the game.. aww.. lets cry more..

Beltalowda #35 Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65356 battles
Oh well, I must say that for some time now I have a similar feeling and it's getting harder and harder to have fun in this game.

Bad_Mojo_incoming #36 Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22514 battles
  • [THIK] THIK

My premium account will be over in 3-4 days and I'm most happy to announce that I will NOT be renewing it for another month, like I did the past 2 years or so.

It's one tragic session after another. I finally sold my outdated and useless T34, cz I realized that after WG 'buffed' it the last time (if you can call that a buff when it hardly makes any difference) it would never make it a competitive premium. They expect you to buy one of the retardedly P2W premiums, but no way in hell.

I might still occaisonally give WG money, but sure as death, I'm quitting staying on premanent premium account. Cz no matter how much I P2W, others, with fatter wallets and nice, red and orange WN8s will always be favoured by RNG more.

1 regularly paying customer OUT.

war4peace #37 Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:25 AM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 30010 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 26 February 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

I hesitate to ask what bukake might be.

Let's say it's similar to multiple arties focusing you.

Beltalowda #38 Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65356 battles

View PostBad_Mojo_incoming, on 26 February 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

My premium account will be over in 3-4 days and I'm most happy to announce that I will NOT be renewing it for another month, like I did the past 2 years or so.

It's one tragic session after another. I finally sold my outdated and useless T34, cz I realized that after WG 'buffed' it the last time (if you can call that a buff when it hardly makes any difference) it would never make it a competitive premium. They expect you to buy one of the retardedly P2W premiums, but no way in hell.

I might still occaisonally give WG money, but sure as death, I'm quitting staying on premanent premium account. Cz no matter how much I P2W, others, with fatter wallets and nice, red and orange WN8s will always be favoured by RNG more.

1 regularly paying customer OUT.

I still have over 100 days left on mine, but I've also decided to not support them with my money anymore. I've reached this decision last year and so far not a single € spent.

Long_Range_Sniper #39 Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37666 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTidal_Force, on 25 February 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

Since Skorpion, however, WG wasn't satisfied with indirect P2W any more. Tier 8 IS7, as Orzanel described it, is the latest result of this trend. I refuse to any longer play game which is so strongly biased. Games are supposed to be decided by player skill, not wallet size.

I think we've all seen this trend, and at one level I can understand it. If you want to attract new players to a game that's six years old with older players having muiltiple skilled crews, do you really expect a new player (with a wallet) to grind their way there like the good old days.

So you give them premium tanks that can go nose to nose with their tech tree compatriots, and in some cases out perform them. Then you let them free XP their crew experience to give them a fighting chance as well.

For WG the only downside, is the change in dynamic within the game and the loss of players who valued the original way of grinding your way to a tank you wanted.

But in reality, has this always been behind the scene in the game with the Type 59 and E25? Maybe it was just there was a tipping point, and the game could cope with a few "OP" premium tanks. But now there are too many.

However, you could also say that WG have recognised this and that's why there's the new Swedish tech tree line. That has no "OP" premium's (yet!!), even though there are tanks within the line that many class as "OP". But you still have to grind them.

For the first time in ages, I've not bought a new premium tank and not bought the 252 (yet). I also had last week off from the game, and had a couple of games last night. It's surprising how you notice things when you have a break. 

Personally I have no issue with WG finding ways to generate income if in the long run it makes the game sustainable and gives it a future. I may not play as often, or I may play more, or I may quit. But at least I'll have a game to play.

Instead of quitting totally, why not finish grinding those Swedish lines. An Emil can have a lot of fun with a 252, and the Swedish TD line is totally bonkers!

I'd be sorry to see you go as well. The game needs diversity, it needs differences of opinion, it needs characters, it needs humour, and it needs intelligent thinkers.

I've stopped grinding the Swedish line at the UDES 03 and Emil 1, and didn't even push them through TOTT so that I've got a grind in my back pocket if (or when) I've had enough.

When you want to ruin a wallet warriors day with a UDES or an Emil, let me know and I'll happily finish those lines off.

Whatever happens,:honoring:

CptBarney #40 Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Well goodbye mate, I didn't expect to get mentioned since it has been a long time since we spoke (and I don't post as frequently as I do).

Missed some of the stuff that went on in general chat.

Goodbye and good luck.

From captainbarney.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users