Sandbox Heads into Phase 3

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Gremlin182 #41 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:11 AM

General

• Player
  • 60747 battles

View PostTrewSx, on 28 February 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

If you think they will ever listen to any of us then you are being naive. They will always do what they want to do, frak the community it's not like they care.

We will never know though several ideas I suggested might well come in, I'm not saying they listened to me specifically maybe its just the idea of fewer crew casualties and module damage from arty and reusable kits was just something they wanted in anyway.

I think you have a far greater chance of getting wargaming to listen if you make a reasonable suggestion

ie Get rid of arty its stupid will never get more than a smile and 2 seconds of their attention.

Actual ideas that could make an improvement always have a chance.

Im still hoping my idea of  Medic and Mechanic crew skills could be taken up one working with the existing toolbox the other needing a doctors kit to be added.

Though if they go with reusable kits they are probably not needed.

Anyway its their game not mine as long as they keep making money to fund future projects and pay them for their work I think they are happy to listen to any ideas.

Its free research after all  

p14b #42 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20503 battles

3k playing and dropping fast,(20million LOL!!!) more OP prems enter game by the month, and you still carry on with this S#@t box, you claim most people think it worked ok, sorry most people don't give a s#@t. RIP WOT

And its a shame as it was a great game, but when the idiots run the asylum anything goes, how the hell can one side of the table design and roll out OP prem tanks for quick cash to balance the books and the other half of the table 

work on this s#@t box server rubbish, WG needs a reality check and its 3-4 years over due, your total idiots. 

And for the last time > Arty fix is so simple!! 1 maybe 2 arty per game, then get back to the real work like fixing the MM and getting rid of high RNG, WOT lost its edge when your no longer in control of your own game. 

profittank #43 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18439 battles
Great stuff WG. Keep it up! :)

You could also try balancing the game with remaking the crew skills. Crew skills seem to have been neglected for the longest of time.

SirAmra #44 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

I just want to ask who the effing thought up this stun thing?

And why the f.... do u still mess around with it?

Nobody wants it. U increase the splash radius so u more or less always do some damage, u stun and to top it of u track them.

Balancing arty is so simple to do.

Keep reload and acc as today.

Half the HE damage.

Keep full AP damage when the shell pens.

Limit to 2 pr side.

Anything more makes the game a campfest. And limit it to max 2 u will overall see less arties in the game, cause players get tired of queing up for longer periods.

And btw....crews get stunned for the same duration with heavy spall liner. So what the hell do u want to spend 700k for that?

roachex #45 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20769 battles

Increased accuracy while decreasing damage on SPGs if fine by me. I play Lorr 155 51, so it already feels the trade for add accuracy. I just hope, it is not cutting dmg even more. Need to check it.

View Postsiramra, on 28 February 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Half the HE damage.

Keep full AP damage when the shell pens.

You what, drunk? This solves what? One-shots?

To WG:

Reusable repair / medkit and fire extinguisher is something weird to WoT gameplay. You can already equip small/large kits to ensure safety against double module hits / crew deaths or fire (with a risk of course). Sometimes it is a special tactic to provoke a useless usage of repair kit, to setup a better offensive move later. Maybe if it is combined with an option, that you need to be out of combat ( limited movement & no shooting for few secs, till repairs/injuries are carried out/mended) woud give additional defensive possibilities while not dumbing skill at the same time.  

SirAmra #46 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

View Postroachex, on 28 February 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

You what, drunk? This solves what? One-shots?

How often have u ever been fully penned by AP shots? It has happened to me twice in 24k games.

It forces them to choose.

Edited by siramra, 28 February 2017 - 09:49 AM.

jagdcommander #47 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41735 battles

I think the game is actually very good and quite well balanced for all vehicle types already.

SO HOW ARE THE NEW MAPS COMING ALONG?

roachex #48 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20769 battles

View Postsiramra, on 28 February 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

How often have u ever been fully penned by AP shots? It has happened to me twice in 24k games.

It forces them to choose.

They dont have a choice? If the reason is unreliable - well the choice is already made. AP and HEAT both are high risk - high reward. HE shells in general does less then half (as most of targets have plenty of unable to pen zones). 

From a payload deadly effect, there is no point artificially make an AP shell deadlier then a HE shell.

SirAmra #49 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

View Postroachex, on 28 February 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

They dont have a choice? If the reason is unreliable - well the choice is already made. AP and HEAT both are high risk - high reward. HE shells in general does less then half (as most of targets have plenty of unable to pen zones). 

From a payload deadly effect, there is no point artificially make an AP shell deadlier then a HE shell.

It`s still a choice.

And given the unreliable pens with AP u leave them like they are. High risk and reward. And they don`t artificially make something so random deadlier.

HE today have the ability to oneshot u. But on the sandbox they reduce the damage they do......and decrease reload,improves aim and acc as if that will balance it out?

Today it`s more random if u hit or not cause of the acc. With what they propose on sandbox u will do damage every shot that lands in the area, u will also stun the crew and u will also track the tanks. How the eff is that balanced?

How will that make arties less hated?

Limit the arties to max 2 pr side, reduce HE and keep reload,aim and acc as it is.

Edited by siramra, 28 February 2017 - 10:30 AM.

TacPenguin #50 Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46722 battles

The view from the Artillery assistant that is activated by the G key is uncomfortable to use.

The change of view/perceptive as the gun site moves over terrain and obstacles is unsettling to use.  It makes aiming worse and is a poor version of the  battlefield assistant that won your mods competition a few years ago.

Solution just stick to the view that battlefield assistant has which i think might be the shell travel flight path.

If this version stays it is worse than the standard satellite view and i would not use it.

TacP

Edited by TacPenguin, 28 February 2017 - 11:24 AM.

LongDongSiIver #51 Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29358 battles

I see it comming in sh or cw they will take much more artys and wait for enemy rush and stun together the rush 

then they rerush with meds lights and shoot them out. It will be funny to watch. The idea of Arty like this with

stunning is very nice but then they have to reload faster and the 155-58 has to be removed or only one shooting.

All artys has to shoot between 25-30 sec. and all is fine.The lights need much more HP 1,4k or 1,5k isnt enough

in my oppinion. Bad very Bad idea to take the good t8 Tanks and put them in T9 and take underpowered t7 to t8.

But so they have less to do Copy/Paste and finised. Only a new T10 Light must be programmed. Not a good Idea/Job.

LG

_bjaBi_ #52 Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22553 battles

So after playing 1 game with tier X light, most of the other tanks got locked up ---> unavailable/viacle not ready

Now i can not test new tanks anymore.

Also tier 9and10 japanese hevies dont have derp but only regular gun.

What kind of test server is that WG??

FAIL as always

WG could tell that you must play 3games in a row with regular viacle to manage unlock 1game for tier x light

Edited by bjaBI, 28 February 2017 - 12:39 PM.

_bjaBi_ #53 Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22553 battles

So basicaly you enter to game with some regular tank, than quit the match after loging in.

Do this 3times and wait 10min and you have 1+ game in tier x light.

GG WG

deh0mbre #54 Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 31376 battles

So my suggestion is to swap the ugly sheridan (nobody likes it anyway) with the Bulldog-Stingray Prototype or the AGS-Bulldog

it's much more siutable to the game than the Sheridan....just leave the T49 on tier 9 and put this beauty on it's place.

The turret is a sheridan turret with a 105mm gun - a variant of the L7 105mm cannon (Basically the Centurion 7/1's gun with a lower shell velocity, less recoil, and less penetration)

It has much likely the same agility like the bulldog with it's 72 km/h, but it's a bit heavier (28 tons)

SO PLS WARGAMING LISTEN TO ME

VanGore78 #55 Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 76183 battles

View PostTacPenguin, on 28 February 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

The view from the Artillery assistant that is activated by the G key is uncomfortable to use.

The change of view/perceptive as the gun site moves over terrain and obstacles is unsettling to use.  It makes aiming worse and is a poor version of the  battlefield assistant that won your mods competition a few years ago.

Solution just stick to the view that battlefield assistant has which i think might be the shell travel flight path.

If this version stays it is worse than the standard satellite view and i would not use it.

TacP

BullS*it..I mean some Bob Clans will try this..and good luck with it against a decent or good clan. ALl stunned tanks will hit Key 5 and rape the meds with their superior numbers. I don't see much sense in arty in a longer for CW or SH but only the top clans will figure that out. Arty was a damage dealer and siege breaker. The stun effect is not useful in CW as it can be repaired easily. 

pavlestetic123 #56 Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41135 battles
Why I cant play Test server, I applied for it?

Ew_ #57 Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37591 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M

View Postpavlestetic123, on 28 February 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Why I cant play Test server, I applied for it?

Because you assume that your application would be accepted, it has been rejected.

Edited by Ew_, 28 February 2017 - 04:14 PM.

capitanprezzo #58 Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35498 battles
  • [3DAJ] 3DAJ

The AGS-Bulldog is beautiful!

About stun ... Nobody wants to play a tank (especially artillery) that don't do damage. I hate arties but without them Wot will be boring and unbalanced.

Edited by capitanprezzo, 28 February 2017 - 04:34 PM.

Cola_destroyer #59 Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4596 battles
  • [DPG2] DPG2
hi where can i download the sandbox i have the luancher but it doesnt let me connet becuase sevrers down do i have to re dowload another launcher?

EA_Poe #60 Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35135 battles

Now I've played a couple of games today and yesterday as mostly Arty and some E-100 heavy. I must say that the Scouts/Lights are powerful dominating the battles. I'd say I'm a decent arty-player wit thousands of games and now it's hard to reach 1500 damage + in a game, sure U ge the stun damage added. Sadly players are not used to warnings of which areas U mark for fire and U get more teamdamage than before (bigger splash-area) make U hesitant to shoot ie worse result/support of your team. I also noted that U do much less moduldamage to enemy vehicles.

I also did a quick eyeing over of the penetration differences between HE shells shot by different vehicles - Heavy, TD derps and arty.

155-58             155 mm                           48 mm Pen

T110 E3/E4      155 mm                           90 mm Pen

Obj 261           180 mm                            45 mm Pen  

FV british        183mm L4 gun                 92 mm Pen       

JgPz E100       170mm                             85 mm Pen

GW E Mörser  210mm                             53 mm Pen

result, though you half the damage on Arty shells I'd like to see raised Penetration according to caliber? I feel the "rebalancing" of the pen to 40% of the live server is too much, I get the less damage but doing 100 damage to a heavy on directhit isn't that exciting tbh.U already have the damage control with half the damage so please, keep the penetration @ at least 85% of the liveserver penetration.

The best artillery will be the Japanese Type 4 heavy oneshotting tier 7 vehicles at will with HE shells.

P,S as I see in all games light tanks doing 2500 - 4000 damage + spotting damage we risk to see teams consisting of maybe 12 lights, 2 Bat chats and one Arty(in case of camper/annoying heavy on enemy team) on each team? D.S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users