• [3DAJ] 3DAJ

@EA_Poe. I totally agree

Polski11 #62 Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37515 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postcapitanprezzo, on 28 February 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

I hate arties but without them Wot will be boring and unbalanced.

I love it, when im killing all tanks (especially those red/orange) in front of me and in just one second arty just ,,balanced,, me :arta: kappa, i hate it :trollface:

Edited by Polski11, 28 February 2017 - 05:11 PM.

tzcrnko #63 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32610 battles
  • [DUSU] DUSU

Hi!

First impressions of tier X  light tank is better than expected. Lights are super fast and have great dmg, lack of penetration is ok but I don't like tier IX light I think that great difference is between tier IX and X light tanks maybe you need correct these value.

Mediums are not topic in this phase of sandbox I don't know why so many posts about mediums. They have better armor and greater hulls, lower speeds and playing wit meds is different than LT.

Maybe 390 dmg in light is too much WG must correct this.

I agree that tier x after T49 is the ugliest tank in the game! 

Brodie_ #64 Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 92505 battles

Hi Wargaming.

Thanks for letting me onto the sandbox.

Here are my initial thoughts.

Firstly the new Arty mechanics.

When I 1st started playing this game I eventually tried Arty & slowly after a few attempts. I decided at a low level to try to see if I could be good at it & see if I thought it was fun. 

I had one Arty for ages that I played to death. Then when I got more serious about the game. I took the attitude. OK then. I better learn it properly.

If you do not play it. You will never be able to counter it properly! 

I can see that a huge amount of thought & consideration has been put into the new stun mechanic, & how the whole balancing of damage has been looked into. 

I have to commend the work & effort that has gone into this. It has been done very well!

However!

One of the things that as you slowly learn to play arty in my view. That keeps you playing it. Is that occasional shot that you pen & boom! 

The rng is annoying as hell! But you can live with it, as it is your pennance for playing arty in the 1st place!

You always expected to do some damage when you hit though. The current amount of damage you get upon the sandbox is pitiful, & very unsatisfying. Obviously there are reasons but let me continue.

Something that has been done amazingly well is the version of artillery battle assistant that has been introduced. It is wonderfully dynamic & very engaging!

The biggest problem by far in my opinion. Is that even though players will be taking a lot less damage from artillary. It will seem relentless!

I own a Lef arty. Which I mainly bought to train my B-C arty crew up in.

What I can do to people in it, is really so annoyingly unrelentingly misserable!

That it is bad for the game!

Once you track some poor noob. He has no option but to sit there & take it till he dies. A misserable end!

I play it occasionally when I'm feeling especially unskillful. (Or drunk)

But when I lock someone down like that. I do feel for them!

I'm a reasonably skilled arty player. I've been locked down by Lef's & FV's & I am probably better than most at getting out of it. If I can...

Because the new Arty mechanics will mean that they are hitting people MUCH more often with MASSIVELY more accuracy!

Even though they are taking very slight damage compared to before. The mentality will be the same!

Plus as an arty player which I mentioned before! The big BOOMS, have gone!

So it will make it far less enjoyable to play the class. (It was never easy to get into)

Plus the people that especially hate arty will be getting hit so much more. Yes, for a lot less damage. But I would argue that that this will just anger them more!

I can see the strategic potential for these new mechanics in Stronghold & Clan wars. 

That is probably the biggest potential for them.

Being able to stun a gun line has potential. But needs to be seriously considered. I imagine it is probably the main reason for it.

However I do feel that in randoms it will increase the unhappiness of the Arty hating population even more.

Hope that this makes sense.

Will end it there for now, & talk about the Lights another time.

I do think that these new mechanics will make arty even more hated though.

Plus I do not think I will get the enjoyment that I got from them before either, due to the lack of damage. Damage due to stun just does not cut it for me!

It's basically going to feel like always being the goaly.

It took me a long time to grind those tier 10 arty. I will not be happy if they become unrewarding to play.

Cheers

Great game!

Oh yes!

One last point to make!

Is that Arty haters have already made there mind up!

You will never convince them to be happy about arty now no matter what you do.

Unless you remove it...

Edited by Brodie_, 01 March 2017 - 12:32 AM.

Elsingor #65 Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14106 battles

First impressions:

-artillery view is fantastic, fantastic; the damage and the stunning effects are very good, but I would buff the reload time a little more(and maybe the aim time too, or the dispersion), at the price of not making modules/crew damage(or, at least, very seldomly), because if there are two arties watching at you and you have an heavy tank the battle will be very hard/permanently in the same place

-as always brits td are quite useless/so difficult that only 10% of players are able to make something with them.

-gold ammo need nerf or lot of heavy tanks will see their role drastically reduced

Another thing away from the sand box: if you want to have happy players you should low the exp price for quite EVERYTHING and let players earn money even from battles lost of tier 8 and above, this is really needed, this game is fantastic, but still need something because 99% of players are often angry and this is the reality.

Good luck and good job, hold on, finally things are going in the right way.

Steeltank141 #66 Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18835 battles
  • [4STAR] 4STAR

View PostGremlin182, on 27 February 

Or the terrible inconvenience of having a slightly less able crew for 15 seconds.

A crew that can still drive their tank aim and fire while stunned.

They don't seem to have realised that stun can be removed using the med kit and that they can do that again and again during the game.

Just a question: if you use your med kit for removing stun, does is also heal your crew members at the same time? And when you use your med kit 2 times per battle, does it also cost 2 times the money? 

Besides this I think the stun is somehow good but they need to make the splash radius smaller. You can hit on another planet and still hit tanks behind cover atm. 

voodoospirit #67 Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30351 battles
med/repair kits are on timers now ( like world of warships) i think.

UNARMOURED #68 Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39836 battles

View Postvoodoospirit, on 01 March 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

med/repair kits are on timers now ( like world of warships) i think.

Another incentive to yolo. Probably the worst idea ever added, unless you are trying to turn it into a proper twitch-based clusterfuck of a game. Oh wait...

Edited by The_Foolio, 01 March 2017 - 11:25 AM.

Mentlgen #69 Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39002 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

That stun thingy is retarded. I already can imagine how i'm gonna get stunned from my own teammates because that stun radius is huge.

Not sure what to think about reusable consumables. I guess wg can delete Tarczay's and Bruno's medals. And reuse time for premium consumables is 60 seconds while standart is 90 wtf. That difference is huge.

Marshal_IZ_NKVD #70 Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17947 battles

Tier 10 lights good idea finally get rid of +3mm.German and Soviets lights are worth.French,Chinese,Usa tier 10 lights useless crap not worth grinding at current state.

Reusable consumables good idea,but between premium and non premium one the reload time difference its huge.Its like pay to win.Players who use premium ones get huge advantage over non premium this is wrong!!!!!!!

Stun mechanic for aty well as i said in summer sandbox iteration its bad idea it wont matter if you get one shotted or be paralized constantly(die slowly)And 3 artys is too much per team i think its unplayable on open maps.Yesterday on sandbox i just got raped by 3 autoloader artys on steppes map.soon as i got in their attention i had no chance to survive.Good thing about arty is new view mod so called battle assistant great idea i like it.

I suggest 2 artys per team max(even if its prolong waiting time for arty players)Decrease arty shell pen by 50% and damagae by 20-40%(depends on tier and gun caliber)remove ap rounds and High Explosive Anti-Tank rounds cause arty dont need them!Buff littlebit arty accurasy ,dispersion,aiming and reload times for compensation for damageand penetraion loss.Thats it no need for wonderland stun mechanics and everybody will be happy.Arty will be not toxic class anymore

Thats my opinion
Tnx to wg for great game!!!
Cheers 

speedy12345678901 #71 Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15435 battles
  • [BABES] BABES
does anyone know how much xp and credits will be required for the new tier 10 lights

VanGore78 #72 Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 76566 battles

View Postspeedy12345678901, on 02 March 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

does anyone know how much xp and credits will be required for the new tier 10 lights

190k-200k for all but the Chinese. Each T10 light cost 6.1M credits like any other T10 tank. No discount here, but maybe they will make it into the Top of the Tree rotation!

Chinese is different as the WZ132 stays on T8. So you need to unlock two tiers, each costing 175k EXP.

I don't know if it makes sense to grind now with the T8s. Will the unspent EXP go to T9 or will it stay on the T8...

If it transfers over to the T9 (together with the tank) we could already unlock all but the Chinese t10 Lights

Edited by VanGore78, 02 March 2017 - 01:19 PM.

SharpEyez #73 Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12632 battles
So after 2 battles all tanks get unavailable for battle? What is this?

CHRoOMAX #74 Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18993 battles

Test

Edited by CHRoOMAX, 02 March 2017 - 08:42 PM.

CHRoOMAX #75 Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18993 battles

This is my opinion and feedback after playing the new T9/T10 + Some T8 Light Tanks. Here is my Balancing Suggestions. Keep in mind that all these changes are meant for Elite Tanks (Fully upgraded modules).

The '+'s are buffs.

The '-'s are nerfs.

T54 LW

+100 HP. The T54 LW is supposed to be the more armored of the T9 LT's. I don't see why the RU 251 should have more HP.

+0.38 Acc instead of 0.42. The T54 LW needs improved sniping capabilities.

+Slightly improved ROF.

+255 penetration on the premium APCR rounds instead of 235.

T-100 LT

+100 HP. The same thing as with the RU 251. The T-100 should have more HP than the R.Pw.

-Reduce armor on the upper frontal plate from 120mm to 80-100mm. As of right now, the T-100's upper plate seems ridiculously strong. Other LT's simply can't penetrate it not to mention T10 Td's which I've bounced too.

+0.4 Acc instead of 0.44.

-Reduce Engine Power from 850 to 750-800. Strong frontal armor + extreme mobility makes this tank a pain to hit even at 100m. It's almost as fast if not faster than the R.Pw., which it should not be because it's so much more armored.

+Improve penetration of the premium AP-rounds from 248 to 265.

RU 251

-50 HP.

+1000 Engine Power instead of 900. The more heavily armored T54 LW should not be almost as fast as the lightly armored RU 251.

+Slightly improve shell velocity. For some reason, the shell velocity feels really slow for an APCR shell on the RU 251.

R. Pw.

-50 HP.

+Increase Engine Power from 1280 to 1300.

+Improve dispersion values. Right now, the aiming time and snap-shoting capabilities of this tank feels really sloppy.

-10m view range from 440 to 430. 

B-C 12t

+Increase penetration of the Premium APCR rounds from 200 to 240.

+0.36 Acc instead of 0.38

+48 Hull Travers Speed instead of 42.

AMX 13 90

The 13 90 needs improved fire power and mobility. The gun is really underpowered right now and the same goes for the mobility.

+Buff the penetration of the standard rounds from 205 to 212.

-Increase reload time from 23 seconds to 27 seconds.

+0.36 Acc instead of 0.38

+Decrease aiming time from 2.7 seconds to 2.4 seconds.

+500 Engine Power instead of 470.

+48 Hull Travers Speed instead of 40.

AMX 13 105

The 13 105 needs to be more comparable to the BC 25t and other LT's. Therefore, it should have slightly improved fire power and mobility.

+Decrease the reload time from 33 Seconds to 28 Seconds. The DPM of the 13 105 is way too underwhelming. Right now, it is even worse than the 13 90.

+0.37 Acc instead of 0.4. With the only strength of being at distance, the 13 105 should have increased accuracy. 

+650 Engine Power instead of 600.

+48 Hull Travers Speed instead of 40.

WZ-132A

The WZ-132A Struggles at close distances with its lack of armor and mobility.

+100 HP.

+0.38 Acc instead of 0.42. 

+800 Engine Power instead of 770.

+The premium APCR rounds should have 265mm instead of 248.

WZ-132-1

+50 HP

+0.37 Acc instead of 0.42.

WhosNachos #76 Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25458 battles

View PostThe_Foolio, on 27 February 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

"Multi-use consumables earned a “thumbs up” from the Sandbox community, too. You reported that they made your gaming experience more enjoyable, and battle stats only reaffirm their positive effect. The new consumables mechanic boosted battle dynamics, especially during the middle and last minutes (which means more fun!), while your spending per battle stayed the same. We’re keeping them in for the 3rd phase."

FFS.

World of Call of Duty comes a step closer.

Its because Wargaming, still reads wrong Threads. They should learn read WoT Community instead WoT Blitz

Homer_J #77 Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Field Marshal

• 33400 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Foolio, on 01 March 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

Another incentive to yolo. Probably the worst idea ever added, unless you are trying to turn it into a proper twitch-based clusterfuck of a game. Oh wait...

With a 90 second recharge if you yolo you don't get to use them twice anyway.  More an incentive to use premium consumables and/or hide for half the battle.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel #78 Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44601 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Poststendermen13, on 27 February 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

pls remove stunn mechenicks i like it more to get one shotted than wachts my self slowly die.

(pls give t49 152mm back)

After actually watching stun, its so much better than the oneshot thingy. Did you actually see this live? If so you prolly didnt make such comment. You get hit for like 550 max by T92 and crew gets stunned for 20sec which means only 25% less effectiveness. Also you can use your medkit and repair more than once so yea big improvemnt over current skypiggery.

Edited by RedlineRailgunningRemmel, 03 March 2017 - 12:56 AM.

Homer_J #79 Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:28 AM

Field Marshal

• 33400 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRedlineRailgunningRemmel, on 02 March 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

so yea big improvemnt

I'll give it two days before the same people are back complaining about arty again.

Gremlin182 #80 Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 60969 battles

View PostSteeltank141, on 01 March 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Just a question: if you use your med kit for removing stun, does is also heal your crew members at the same time? And when you use your med kit 2 times per battle, does it also cost 2 times the money? 

Besides this I think the stun is somehow good but they need to make the splash radius smaller. You can hit on another planet and still hit tanks behind cover atm. 

I'm not 100% on that but I think the stun goes and when you activate the kits to heal a crew member the stun goes for all even if its a small kit.

Ill try to confirm that next time I am hit.

Small kits have a 90 second cool-down before you can use them again with large kits its 60 seconds.

Being able to heal the entire crew every 60 seconds or repair all modules in the same way or even have fires automatically extinguished more than once will make things interesting.

Maybe this will be expanded to enable players to customise their tanks more than they can right now.

I'm thinking a tank that has 100% repair skill repairs damage automatically fairly fast, add a large repair kit that is accelerated and a Toolbox speeds it up even more you can autorepair tracks in around 5 seconds

That's customising your tank for a more defensive role.

If they made it so a Spal liner reduced the chance of or duration of Stun and as I mentioned before created a Doctors kit "medic equivalent of a toolbox" then you have a way to customise your tank for crew protection.

Of course all of that comes at the expense of not maximising your firepower.

But at least players can then use Crew Skills equipment, Kits and consumables to strengthen their tanks in an area they want while maybe weakening it in another area.

2 otherwise identical tanks one equips with Rammer Vents Vertical stabiliser, repair kit med kit and a premium consumable.

The other goes with Toolbox, Spal liner Rammer repair kit, med kit, extinguisher.

If they go head to head the first tank is going to fire faster and probably kill the second.

However if Arty hits them both the second tank will probably come off way better maybe become almost invulnerable to the stun effect.

Of course these are my ideas not Wargamings but I think giving players a way to defend against what they perceive is the most dangerous threat can only be good.

Players have a choice go all out for attack but have to accept that they have to play in such a way as to protect themselves against some threats such as indirect fire.

Or rely on their armour and angling to protect them from direct fire long enough to kill that enemy while ignoring HE shells falling on them from above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users