Top of the Tree: T110E4

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Another Top of the Tree special is here! Don't miss out on some great discounts on American tank destroyers!

The full text of the news item

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10553 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Still currently grinding the Emil 1 from last top of tree but after i Elited that one, i shall move to this :D

Smelly_Cat #3 Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12808 battles
Why T40 and Wolverine are not included in the event? They also lead to E4, and Wolverine does have a turret. :D 

_Crusad3r_ #4 Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23757 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
*yawn* a slow, useless TD. Massive cupola with no armour....not even a fully traversable turret. Poor armour all over. Same gun as on E3 except E3 actually has armour....I swear the only people who vote for tanks like this are the idiots that think the IS7 is good.....maybe just go back to selecting tott yourself WG....every TOTT is nearly always useless.....

Codis172 #5 Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28252 battles
Hmm, in the article it doesn't say to use a "gun rammer" in suggested equipment. WHAT?

BicicletaDeRazboi #6 Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28856 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

So WG does not recommend a Gun Rammer, which on this tank takes almost 2 seconds off from the reload....

cakrit #7 Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19993 battles
  • [X999X] X999X

well.. should i sell my T30 for this? or it is so crap?

8126Jakobsson #8 Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45532 battles
Got on with the T25/2 this morning and it's quite nice, already aced it four times. It can move, it has a turret and it can even bounce a shell or two. Have already done the E3 line so I'm expecting to have a relatively good time with this one. :child: 

FireStickCZ #9 Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5150 battles

"...In addition, the tank is equipped with quite a powerful and accurate 155mm gun, which, in combination with the turret and a good gun depression value,..."

"...Remember that you have a turret and good gun depression; use these for effective hull-down and peek-a-boo tactics..."

Nice joke guys! 0.37 accuracy and terrible 0.24 dispersion while moving turret are bad for peek-a-boo, sniping is also not very effective.

Gun depresion is only 6 degrees, even when hull down enemy can easily penetrate your cupola.

If not counting high penetration, it is just worse E100.

DemonsDope #10 Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25848 battles
  • [DMG-] DMG-

I want to see a DISLIKE button on this forum.
You get discount on entire tank line and a crew training boost and you still complain? 
I don't understand you people anymore. You act like a bunch of spoiled kids, no matter if you're 15 or 35 or whatever. Nothing is good enough for you, is it?
I mean, if WG decided to give you a gift, like that chair for example, but you have to claim it personally and come over to pick it up,

you would complain and cry because you have to move you butt to get it.

What the hell is wrong with you all?

8126Jakobsson #11 Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45532 battles

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 01 March 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

*yawn* a slow, useless TD. Massive cupola with no armour....not even a fully traversable turret. Poor armour all over. Same gun as on E3 except E3 actually has armour....I swear the only people who vote for tanks like this are the idiots that think the IS7 is good.....maybe just go back to selecting tott yourself WG....every TOTT is nearly always useless.....

I would had voted for that fully turreted TD with good armour and mobility, but alas. 

pecopad #12 Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14539 battles
  • [UGN] UGN
IMHO there shouldn't be any tier 10 Tank destroyers, I think , TD's stoped being developed after WWII, that's why appart from the Grille 15 in WOT they are all bad.

VanGore78 #13 Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47333 battles

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 01 March 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Your whining post just shows us that you A) have no clue about how to play the IS7 and B) no clue how to play the E4. I guess the purpose of your post was to say that you would have preferred another tank line, but instead of stating clearly what you want, you made a fool out of yourself. 

I love the new TTOT, the rewards are nice and very useful when new tank lines are introduced. Happy the E4 made it this time...one of the last remaining tanks to buy for me.

Freg0 #14 Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33526 battles
  • [SIC-1] SIC-1

Just a quick note for the unsuspicious costumers who are planning to spend credits and time on this Td. Now I am not saying is not worth it, I quit like this heavy tank like td....but the thing is Wg made some mistakes and false information. For purpose or not is not my job to decide. Let's see what those are.

View PostWargaming, on 01 March 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

,,Furthermore, its frontal armour is quite good and the gun mantlet provides very reliable protection. In addition, the tank is equipped with quite a powerful and accurate 155mm gun,'' (...)

,,Secondly, the turret armour is virtually flat, without any sloping even on the front. This means that it’s nowhere near as reliable as the mantlet and may require angling while facing the enemy.''

I start with the larger false info first.

The gun mantlet. The E4's effective frontal turret armor when not using gun depression is 238-248 mm. When using the rather poor, but at best decent -6 gun depression what is advertised as ,,good'' it gets up to 253 - almost 260mm. But the problem is the gun mantlet which is also presented as the strongest armor on turret's front is not really that strong. In fact is a weakspot and is weaker than the rest of the turret. It get's exactly 254 mm armor. Fair enough you can bounce off the sides of the gun mantlet, but you will usually get shot on the middle of the huge gun mantet anyways. Now I don't know if this is a broken part of the tank or WG purposely gave this tank this weakspot that every single tier 10 and 9 tanks will penetrate with the exception of few tier 9 mediums. And also almost every single tier 8 tank will penetrate with gold there...except is-6 and similar poor pen tanks. ( and that is bad enough for a tank that can only rely on it's frontal armor)

E4GunMantletEffectiveArmor

Also don't forget cupola is weak as well but using that poorish gun depression will increas it's effectiveness at least 30mm and decrease it's size.

Some of you already mentioned the so called accurate gun being not that accurate really.

I have to say I agree with you, it only works for medium to close range like the gun of an average heavy tank. But...if you use good crew with BIA, ventillation and premium consumable, you will get decent aim time and accuracy really...and if you have bad crew you can still take the role of a heavy tank...kind of with more or less success. At least you will surprise the heavies in heavy lines (as Wg guys mentioned) and you with your alpha will be  a pain in the [edited]to deal with at least.

The gun has good penetration really and it's premium rounds are awesome. Those will come in handy against the recently buffed super armors of the Maus and Type5Heavy.

Now that we proven WG wrong a times or two, my last problem is also their suggestion on equipments...This tank Definitely needs a gun rammer with it's ridiculously long reload time which indeed almost cuts 2 senonds.

I advise you Gun Rammer, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive and ventillation if you plan to use like a heavy which is the best choice doe to the poorish accuracy without skilled crews and full equipment as I mentioned previously.

And of course...take arty cover all the time if possible.

P.S. I really hope WG will use it's head and give this tank a real gun mantlet armor it deserves.

Edited by Freg0, 01 March 2017 - 07:26 PM.

VanGore78 #15 Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47333 battles

I think that the E4 is one of the last remaining TDs that actually works in randoms. The times of redline camping TDs dominating the battlefield are long gone. This renders all TDs without turret pretty much obsolete. There are not enough maps left to use those effectivly. Sure a well hidden Strv 103b on Fiery Silent can be devastating...but it will not be of much use in Staltingrad or Paris. 

The E4 works on most maps...its a good compromise of mobility, armor and Alpha. TDs have to bring the pain to the enemy, they can't sit around and wait anymore. 

The only problem the E4 has is that many HTs actually do a better job in that role. E100, VK 72, Pzkfw VII are better armored, have excellent guns and excel in these roles. They also can play the frontline if needed...while the E4 has to cover the mid line. 

Probably a buffed T30 would be a more unique vehicle at T10

SM1AK #16 Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9961 battles
  • [SLOEX] SLOEX
this the worst tank i ever played... it's just crap! like the russian derp gun that hits without aiming, on this tank you don't need to aim because you miss most fully aimed shots on close targets! maybe i'll buy the T30 back at least it had a turred that bounced and gun dipression..

buckello #17 Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17115 battles

Bought it many moons ago, played it, hated it, sold it. But I guess if the community voted for it fair enough. On the plus side T28 Prot is one of my all time favourite vehicles and should get my much more love :girl:

cakrit #18 Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19993 battles
  • [X999X] X999X

Well... i bought it yesterday and played 11 battles ... ok its a weird TD but i dont think is that bad...

Is not excellent at something but its good in different playstyles.

For me worst is the depression ... and the weird tower rotation ... (i have to get used to it)

but its not that bad.. especially when you play solo randoms, when you never now what team you will get ...

Mats2 #19 Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27081 battles

I support all that Freg0 said.

That news from WG is a  bulls***t : In fact T110E4 has weak armor, huge weakspot, bad gun depression, very bad accuracy.

I guess the only way is to shoot premium ammo making use of good alfa damage and this way also neutralizing inaccurate gun.

Edited by Mats2, 02 March 2017 - 11:48 AM.

XxDeathsoldierxX #20 Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33520 battles
  • [PFU] PFU
Prepare to get hammered by even more noobs shooting APCR only in theyr T30/T110E4s :sceptic::(

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users