random lag

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

acap1 #1 Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

since today i have lag in WoT. yesterday i played with 120 average fps now i barely reach 30fps.

i haven't changed any setting and the graphics are on medium.

any help/solution would be nice

PC specs:

processor: AMD FX-6300 six-core processor

RAM: 8GB

motherboard: msi 970 gaming motherboard

graphics: AMD Radeon R7 370

(should be all that's needed for solutions)

P.S I already tried to reinstall the game and restarting the pc

P.P.S not sure if this topic needs to be on the off-topic section :P

samiHCH11 #2 Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7742 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5
poo

Xino9922 #3 Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16016 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Postacap1, on 02 March 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

since today i have lag in WoT. yesterday i played with 120 average fps now i barely reach 30fps.

i haven't changed any setting and the graphics are on medium.

any help/solution would be nice

PC specs:

processor: AMD FX-6300 six-core processor

RAM: 8GB

motherboard: msi 970 gaming motherboard

graphics: AMD Radeon R7 370

(should be all that's needed for solutions)

P.S I already tried to reinstall the game and restarting the pc

P.P.S not sure if this topic needs to be on the off-topic section :P

Don't suppose you have windows 10?

acap1 #4 Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

View PostXino9922, on 03 March 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Don't suppose you have windows 10?

No I dont

Xino9922 #5 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16016 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Well, Windows 10 has a tendency of overwriting proper drivers with it's own crap drivers...

But not that, check.

Still having lag?

acap1 #6 Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

View PostXino9922, on 06 March 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

Well, Windows 10 has a tendency of overwriting proper drivers with it's own crap drivers...

But not that, check.

Still having lag?

yes still have very low fps for my computer :(

its realy anoying if you are used to very high FPS and you barely reach 30 FPS

Edited by acap1, 06 March 2017 - 10:04 AM.

SuedKAT #7 Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'd start with clearing this:

C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net

Then also remove any mods if you have from the "res_mods" folder, then restart the game, reapply your in-game settings and check if you still have the same FPS drop.

If you do have you installed anything, changed any hardware or anything similar?

Have you checked the temperatures, dust in the fans can lead to serious problems.

acap1 #8 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 March 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

I'd start with clearing this:

C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net

Then also remove any mods if you have from the "res_mods" folder, then restart the game, reapply your in-game settings and check if you still have the same FPS drop.

If you do have you installed anything, changed any hardware or anything similar?

Have you checked the temperatures, dust in the fans can lead to serious problems.

i already tried clearing those files and removing mods. didn't help a lot just a few FPS.

i didn't change any hardware and haven't installed anytything that will make changes in FPS

i did also check the fans no dust and the temperatures are OK.

this FPS problem only aplies on WoT all the other games jsut run the same FPS as before.

but thanks for replying really thought xino9922 was the only one trying to help me out here but i already tried those tips you gave.

Edited by acap1, 06 March 2017 - 03:20 PM.

SuedKAT #9 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postacap1, on 06 March 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

i already tried clearing those files and removing mods. didn't help a lot just a few FPS.

i didn't change any hardware and haven't installed anytything that will make changes in FPS

i did also check the fans no dust and the temperatures are OK.

this FPS problem only aplies on WoT all the other games jsut run the same FPS as before.

but thanks for replying really thought xino9922 was the only one trying to help me out here but i already tried those tips you gave.

Apart from the Gameplay section most sections are just dark corners where thread goes to die so to speak, for example there is the "Tech Corner" section:

http://forum.worldof...03-tech-corner/

However there are no WG staff helping the ones having issues, just random people helping the best they can when ever they happen to stumble in there.

Oki, then you've tried the most common things that usually is the reason for issues like these, have you checked so your GPU is being utilized correctly or at all in WoT, some GPU profile might have been downloaded by some GPU software which is completely wrongly configured. I know for example that if I use the the default profile my GPU recommends for the MMO Rift I get about 15-30 FPS, if I manually configure it I have no problems going up to 120 FPS on max settings.

Ohh and I assume you've checked so you don't have any driver updates you can apply as well, note that the most random things can cause issues if it's not updated, wasn't that long ago Nvidia's Virtual Audio Device driver caused issues for quite a few in WoT as an example.

acap1 #10 Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 March 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Apart from the Gameplay section most sections are just dark corners where thread goes to die so to speak, for example there is the "Tech Corner" section:

http://forum.worldof...03-tech-corner/

However there are no WG staff helping the ones having issues, just random people helping the best they can when ever they happen to stumble in there.

Oki, then you've tried the most common things that usually is the reason for issues like these, have you checked so your GPU is being utilized correctly or at all in WoT, some GPU profile might have been downloaded by some GPU software which is completely wrongly configured. I know for example that if I use the the default profile my GPU recommends for the MMO Rift I get about 15-30 FPS, if I manually configure it I have no problems going up to 120 FPS on max settings.

Ohh and I assume you've checked so you don't have any driver updates you can apply as well, note that the most random things can cause issues if it's not updated, wasn't that long ago Nvidia's Virtual Audio Device driver caused issues for quite a few in WoT as an example.

oke thanks i have a feeling that i know what you are talking about with that utilizing but dont realy know how to check it. i might know much about computers in comparison to some others but this is a thing i am not sure about

SuedKAT #11 Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postacap1, on 06 March 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

oke thanks i have a feeling that i know what you are talking about with that utilizing but dont realy know how to check it. i might know much about computers in comparison to some others but this is a thing i am not sure about

Well you can download for example GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner and run that next to WoT to get an idea what you computer actually do and what it utilizes and how when WoT runs. However what I was thinking of was the software that came with your GPU, I'm not that much into AMD since due to work I get Nvidia stuff for free, but you most likely have something like "AMD Control Panel" in which you can configure your card.

Kinda like this:

Spoiler

Or like this:

Spoiler

At times profiles like that work great, you just use the default settings or the optimized one, at other times they don't work so great and they can update on their own in the background, so my thought was that your GPU might have something enabled/disabled just for WoT which cause this.

acap1 #12 Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 March 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Well you can download for example GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner and run that next to WoT to get an idea what you computer actually do and what it utilizes and how when WoT runs. However what I was thinking of was the software that came with your GPU, I'm not that much into AMD since due to work I get Nvidia stuff for free, but you most likely have something like "AMD Control Panel" in which you can configure your card.

Kinda like this:

Spoiler

Or like this:

Spoiler

At times profiles like that work great, you just use the default settings or the optimized one, at other times they don't work so great and they can update on their own in the background, so my thought was that your GPU might have something enabled/disabled just for WoT which cause this.

hmmm msi afterburner seems to do a bit. doesnt look very stable because a few rounds got about 60 FPS and a few the usual 30.

so thanks it helps a bit, if you know any other solution i would be pleased to hear :):P

SuedKAT #13 Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postacap1, on 06 March 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

hmmm msi afterburner seems to do a bit. doesnt look very stable because a few rounds got about 60 FPS and a few the usual 30.

so thanks it helps a bit, if you know any other solution i would be pleased to hear :):P

Nah it don't exactly do much more than give an overview of what happens with your computer when WoT runs, well you can use it to overclock and such but that ain't exactly what your looking for. If you open the spoilers in my previous post you'll see how the software for the Nvidia cards look and function, something like that must exist for AMD cards as well, I have no idea what it's called though :P

acap1 #14 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 March 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

Nah it don't exactly do much more than give an overview of what happens with your computer when WoT runs, well you can use it to overclock and such but that ain't exactly what your looking for. If you open the spoilers in my previous post you'll see how the software for the Nvidia cards look and function, something like that must exist for AMD cards as well, I have no idea what it's called though :P

sorry to bother you again :P but i think i might have found a problem my processor (AMD FX-6300 six-core processor) is running at 1400mhz (checked it with cpu-z and even checked it whith task manager and saw the speed was 1,33ghz it was never moving up but it sometimes said it was using more but the Ghz didnt go up) but if i check the specs it says it has 3.5ghz or can this not be the problem and am i just stupid??

(sorry i am pretty new to all this stuff and i am just wondering)

Edited by acap1, 29 March 2017 - 04:34 PM.

SuedKAT #15 Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postacap1, on 29 March 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

sorry to bother you again :P but i think i might have found a problem my processor (AMD FX-6300 six-core processor) is running at 1400mhz (checked it with cpu-z and even checked it whith task manager and saw the speed was 1,33ghz it was never moving up but it sometimes said it was using more but the Ghz didnt go up) but if i check the specs it says it has 3.5ghz or can this not be the problem and am i just stupid??

(sorry i am pretty new to all this stuff and i am just wondering)

Hmm, can you post a picture of it, both CPU-Z and the Task Manager if possible :)

acap1 #16 Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 March 2017 - 07:40 AM, said:

Hmm, can you post a picture of it, both CPU-Z and the Task Manager if possible :)

sure here you go :)

Attached Files

• Attached File   picture.png   596.87K

SuedKAT #17 Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Ahh ok, your CPU, the AMD FX-6300 is a CPU which have 6 cores, but it only have 3 physical modules the other 3 are so called Flex Floating Point Units. You can think of it as having 3 real cores but 6 logical cores, this means it will behave differently depending on workload, in other words what you ask it to do, for integer operations (you can think of this as easier calculations) it will act as a 6 core CPU, but when performing floating point operations (you can think of this as more advance calculations) it acts more like a 3 core CPU, here is a link which briefly touches on the difference between integer operations and floating point operations: http://www.keil.com/...t/docs/1476.htm

Note that this is nothing unique for your CPU or AMD, this perhaps is a bit technical but it touches on most stuff related to this: https://linustechtip...head-is-intel/ 

What you see is what's currently being utilized, I would be surprised if the values wouldn't change while the computer is under load, in other words when you make it do a lot of stuff. I expect Task Manager to change to displaying other values when your computer is under stress, like this:

If you load up a game, for example WoT and then tab out and look at what's being utilized I would expect that you would see more than what you see in the picture you posted above.

Got a bit technical there, but I'm quite sure you can be safe that the CPU is doing what it should at least :)

acap1 #18 Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

View PostSuedKAT, on 02 April 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

Ahh ok, your CPU, the AMD FX-6300 is a CPU which have 6 cores, but it only have 3 physical modules the other 3 are so called Flex Floating Point Units. You can think of it as having 3 real cores but 6 logical cores, this means it will behave differently depending on workload, in other words what you ask it to do, for integer operations (you can think of this as easier calculations) it will act as a 6 core CPU, but when performing floating point operations (you can think of this as more advance calculations) it acts more like a 3 core CPU, here is a link which briefly touches on the difference between integer operations and floating point operations: http://www.keil.com/...t/docs/1476.htm

Note that this is nothing unique for your CPU or AMD, this perhaps is a bit technical but it touches on most stuff related to this: https://linustechtip...head-is-intel/ 

What you see is what's currently being utilized, I would be surprised if the values wouldn't change while the computer is under load, in other words when you make it do a lot of stuff. I expect Task Manager to change to displaying other values when your computer is under stress, like this:

If you load up a game, for example WoT and then tab out and look at what's being utilized I would expect that you would see more than what you see in the picture you posted above.

Got a bit technical there, but I'm quite sure you can be safe that the CPU is doing what it should at least :)

well did a little stress test but its still the 1,33Ghz. so i am really going to think there is something wrong with my processor or i didnt get something in your story :P

Attached Files

• Attached File   hjef.png   118.66K

SuedKAT #19 Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postacap1, on 03 April 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

well did a little stress test but its still the 1,33Ghz. so i am really going to think there is something wrong with my processor or i didnt get something in your story :P

Hehe I got a bit technical there ;)

Ok first thing, what did the stress test consist of? Quite a lot of stuff ain't able to utilize all cores, so it might be the case that the thing your running is not able to utilize the full capabilities of your CPU. Also right click your battery (or go via the control panel) to power options and check so you don't have power saving mode or something similar activated.

The second thing I would check is your drivers, especially the drivers for the CPU and the Motherboard.

Lastly, did you buy the system or did you or anyone you know "build" it?

Since I suspect that if you open your PC and check on the motherboard you'll find a little vertical toggle switch which enables/disables "slow mode" depending on how it's set. If I'm not mistaken you'll find it just under the big main 24 pin power cable connection on the motherboard, these cables:

Might not look the same on all motherboards, must admit it's not something I've checked that extensively, but you'll most likely see something like this (note it might not be labeled):

Spoiler

If I'm not mistaken (again) I think the off and on position is the same as on the picture in the spoiler above, but I'm not 100% sure. I also quickly googled your motherboard but I didn't find any pictures that focused on that section of the board or that was zoomed in enough for me to see (it's not exactly something they want to push, no one buys something with a "slow mode" :P ), but it looks like there is a similar looking switch but with black text on the labels there, not 100% sure though.  Remember before opening the computer remove the power cord and press the power button a bit to "empty" the system of any electricity, also have a look here: http://www.wikihow.c...Computer-Safely

If slow mode was enabled, disable it, put the computer together again and start it, now the CPU should be utilized as it should be.

Edited by SuedKAT, 03 April 2017 - 07:42 PM.

acap1 #20 Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6010 battles
  • [NLBE5] NLBE5

View PostSuedKAT, on 03 April 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

Hehe I got a bit technical there ;)

Ok first thing, what did the stress test consist of? Quite a lot of stuff ain't able to utilize all cores, so it might be the case that the thing your running is not able to utilize the full capabilities of your CPU. Also right click your battery (or go via the control panel) to power options and check so you don't have power saving mode or something similar activated.

The second thing I would check is your drivers, especially the drivers for the CPU and the Motherboard.

Lastly, did you buy the system or did you or anyone you know "build" it?

Since I suspect that if you open your PC and check on the motherboard you'll find a little vertical toggle switch which enables/disables "slow mode" depending on how it's set. If I'm not mistaken you'll find it just under the big main 24 pin power cable connection on the motherboard, these cables:

Might not look the same on all motherboards, must admit it's not something I've checked that extensively, but you'll most likely see something like this (note it might not be labeled):

Spoiler

If I'm not mistaken (again) I think the off and on position is the same as on the picture in the spoiler above, but I'm not 100% sure. I also quickly googled your motherboard but I didn't find any pictures that focused on that section of the board or that was zoomed in enough for me to see (it's not exactly something they want to push, no one buys something with a "slow mode" :P ), but it looks like there is a similar looking switch but with black text on the labels there, not 100% sure though.  Remember before opening the computer remove the power cord and press the power button a bit to "empty" the system of any electricity, also have a look here: http://www.wikihow.c...Computer-Safely

If slow mode was enabled, disable it, put the computer together again and start it, now the CPU should be utilized as it should be.

did everything you said and dont see that much of improvement i sometimes reach 50 fps which is already better but still dont get it how it switched from 120 fps to 40fps in one night but thanks i am getting closer to my normal fps :):):)

P.S i build the PC myself

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users