Strongholds Challenge

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

_Erki_ #21 Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28634 battles
EU crowd will accept anything, any pay good € moniez no matter what!

albee9 #22 Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 56390 battles
  • [ACIDO] ACIDO
WG, this challenge has a very poor reward and it is getting a very bad impression among the players. Please, just dont organize these type of events if the rewards are not going to be good, it causes more pain than benefit. 

Folau #23 Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 15232 battles
Why [edited]bother?

SirMph26 #24 Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30155 battles

View PostNorstein_Bekker, on 06 March 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

*cough cough*

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/wot-at-gdc-2017/

Spoiler

not like sh advances r supposed to be that :mellow:

Hammerhead20 #25 Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25137 battles

Tried this "game mode" and I already won 18 battles.

I really need Coated Optics for my tier VI medium tanks.

It's actually a great chance to get it without spending any credits.

SaWse #26 Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18339 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
After pumping millions trying to make this game an esport which it will never be you should've realised that you might as well focus on the game instead of trying to force the "competitive" aspect of the game that obviously will never work.

arjun69 #27 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 87666 battles

i seriously dont get the complaints about ranked mm in strongholds.

are there complaints because strong clans cant pick on easy clans anymore?

picking on easies is the FUN that people are missing?

ranked mm for strongholds sounds really competitive to me.

please enlighten me because i dont see reason for the complaints really.

Zorgane #28 Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:48 AM

Major

• Player
  • 21033 battles
  • [FORGE] FORGE

View Postarjun69, on 08 March 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

ranked mm for strongholds sounds really competitive to me.

please enlighten me because i dont see reason for the complaints really.

Because its not a competitive mode unlike CW and advances with rewards. End of the story.

richblaster #29 Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 12140 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postarjun69, on 08 March 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

This was NEVER the case, in a whole 2h session you MIGHT meet ONCE a blue+ clan - stop exaggerating this. On top everyone had the same chances, everyone had the same random enemies and maps. The better people win more often. Problem? Its the same in randoms.

But I guess they should also implement that players with a high battle count as yours can only play Tier 10, so clubbing weak players in T67 is not possible anymore? :)

StinkyStonky #30 Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21415 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View Postarjun69, on 08 March 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

This is exactly the case.  In my first clan we never bothered with SHs as it was just loss after loss after loss.  Fighting 5% win chance games is fun for a while but only if there was the occasional 50% or (shock, horror) 75% win chance.

So we only ever played Team Battles.  There we met clans similar to our own, much more frequently.

Now I'm in a clan with much better player (than me and my previous clan), and we do play SHs regularly, but not Tier 10s (very often) because of the same problem.  Constantly coming up against much better clans and getting steam rolled is just expensive and no fun.

But now things are much, much better.  Most games start with a sense of optimism where I feel we have a fighting chance of winning.  And if we lose then there is always a feeling it's because of something we did wrong (something to improve on), rather than it just being down to the wolf pack of green/blue players who never miss a shot, never fail to pen and pull off criticals every other shot.

The only cost to me is I now have to wait 60-90 seconds longer than I used to.  The benefit is that we win a lot more games and have an awful lot more close games.

I suspect the green/blue clans are licking their wounds and feeling sorry for themselves now that their SH win rate is starting drop.  For them SHs are no longer the ego boosting, seal clubbing win-fest that it previously was.  They now have to play clans that give them a run for their money (which they now make less of as they win less battles).

Eaglax #31 Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18076 battles

30 wins for 1xcoated optics?

dakillzor #32 Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39791 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostStinkyStonky, on 08 March 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

This is exactly the case.  In my first clan we never bothered with SHs as it was just loss after loss after loss.  Fighting 5% win chance games is fun for a while but only if there was the occasional 50% or (shock, horror) 75% win chance.

So we only ever played Team Battles.  There we met clans similar to our own, much more frequently.

Now I'm in a clan with much better player (than me and my previous clan), and we do play SHs regularly, but not Tier 10s (very often) because of the same problem.  Constantly coming up against much better clans and getting steam rolled is just expensive and no fun.

But now things are much, much better.  Most games start with a sense of optimism where I feel we have a fighting chance of winning.  And if we lose then there is always a feeling it's because of something we did wrong (something to improve on), rather than it just being down to the wolf pack of green/blue players who never miss a shot, never fail to pen and pull off criticals every other shot.

The only cost to me is I now have to wait 60-90 seconds longer than I used to.  The benefit is that we win a lot more games and have an awful lot more close games.

I suspect the green/blue clans are licking their wounds and feeling sorry for themselves now that their SH win rate is starting drop.  For them SHs are no longer the ego boosting, seal clubbing win-fest that it previously was.  They now have to play clans that give them a run for their money (which they now make less of as they win less battles).

I win same amount of battles our winratio was 90% now its 88.5-89% Yet I still find the system annoying. So what excuse do you have towards us? Why on earth should you be able to get the same rewards as those players you talking about while you are weaker? How is it fair that you can get same rewards as clans that have to put much more effort in to to get the same thing?

Currently you are being rewarded equally for being worse at the game. Tell me where the balance is 

Schmeksiman #33 Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15841 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostStinkyStonky, on 08 March 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

Because you play bad.

When we faced you, you did nothing but camp your side of the map. You let us take all the map control, kill your arty and finish you off.

The difference now is you get rewarded for playing bad like that because your opponents are equally bad. And if you try going on the global map or play anything competitive where you're not protected behind your skill, you would get trashed.

We didn't start winning in SH instantly but unlike you we learnt from our mistakes and started winning more as a result. So the only ego that's boosted here is yours, because you are winning more without more skill.

DrStronklove #34 Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31542 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S
Omg WG don't be so generous, game economics gets tilted when you give so much for free! (for everyone who works at WG, let me inform you this is irony, as I no longer count on you to make the distinction...)

Norstein_Bekker #35 Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18680 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

Block Quote

than it just being down to the wolf pack of green/blue players who never miss a shot

Wooow, it seems hard to be green/blue on this game and make you sure you hit your shells ...

God Lord. Even I can have blue/purplish recent with 75% trained crew. So the problem is not other clans, it's you. To put it simply : You are bad.

StinkyStonky #36 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21415 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View Postdakillzor, on 08 March 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

I still find the system annoying. So what excuse do you have towards us? 

You didn't specify what annoys you, so I have no way of knowing, other than to guess ... You are easily annoyed ?

Why on earth should you be able to get the same rewards as those players you talking about while you are weaker? 

I suspect WGs motivation is that by having a balanced environment where all clans can get rewarded results in more players, more play time, a larger participating community and ultimately more revenue.

I suspect they analysed the game logs and noticed that participation in SHs was dropping, that unicum clans were dominating and they decided that if they could improve the experience for less able clans the increased participation would translate into extra revenue.

How is it fair that you can get same rewards as clans that have to put much more effort in to to get the same thing?

Sorry that just sounds a little childish.  It's not "fair", is that really your complaint ?  WG maximise their revenue by maximising the enjoyment of the maximum number of players.  Previously SHs was alienating a large number of players.  WG have tried to reduce this (and IMO have succeeded).

I'd also challenge that you "put much more effort in".  When does [FAME] ever have to play matches against clans that are much, much better than them ?  [FAME] have it easy with game after game after game against lesser clans.

Currently you are being rewarded equally for being worse at the game. Tell me where the balance is 

There are lots of different game modes and in most of them the top players can earn vastly more than the average players so you'll excuse me if I don't start sobbing at this terrible injustice to you and other top players in general.

SHs still favours better clans, just not as much as it used to.

alienslive #37 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 75566 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Maybe I skip this queue simulator game called SH. Waiting 1,5-2 min for a tier6 3 min long battle?

Norstein_Bekker #38 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18680 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

View PostStinkyStonky, on 08 March 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Why on earth should you be able to get the same rewards as those players you talking about while you are weaker? 

I suspect WGs motivation is that by having a balanced environment where all clans can get rewarded results in more players, more play time, a larger participating community and ultimately more revenue.

I suspect they analysed the game logs and noticed that participation in SHs was dropping, that unicum clans were dominating and they decided that if they could improve the experience for less able clans the increased participation would translate into extra revenue.

How is it fair that you can get same rewards as clans that have to put much more effort in to to get the same thing?

Sorry that just sounds a little childish.  It's not "fair", is that really your complaint ?  WG maximise their revenue by maximising the enjoyment of the maximum number of players.  Previously SHs was alienating a large number of players.  WG have tried to reduce this (and IMO have succeeded).

I'd also challenge that you "put much more effort in".  When does [FAME] ever have to play matches against clans that are much, much better than them ?  [FAME] have it easy with game after game after game against lesser clans.

You didn't really answered the question :

Why should you have the same rewards than clans that have to fight way better opponents, be it FAME or not. Skill MM, with skill rewards. 

Hammerhead20 #39 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25137 battles

I've achieved 30 victories. It wasn't so hard when you work as a team.

In fact, I find out this more interesting and enjoyable than Random battles...

Edited by Hammerhead20, 08 March 2017 - 03:22 PM.

Norstein_Bekker #40 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18680 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

View PostHammerhead20, on 08 March 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

I've achieved 30 victories. It wasn't so hard when you work as a team.

I was using tier VI medium tanks.

In fact, I find out this more interesting and enjoyable than Random battles...

And you got Optics, yay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users