Hammerhead20 #41 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24562 battles

View PostNorstein_Bekker, on 08 March 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

And you got Optics, yay.

Yup.

I needed Coated Optics for my Chi-To.

Edited by Hammerhead20, 08 March 2017 - 03:26 PM.

StinkyStonky #42 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18820 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View PostSchmeksiman, on 08 March 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

Because you play bad.

When we faced you, you did nothing but camp your side of the map. You let us take all the map control, kill your arty and finish you off.

The difference now is you get rewarded for playing bad like that because your opponents are equally bad. And if you try going on the global map or play anything competitive where you're not protected behind your skill, you would get trashed.

I won't dispute any of this.

I don't remember the match (was I on the team ?), so I'll take your word for it.  I can see that you're a much better player than me but is [INC] much better than H5 ?  I don't really go in for hero worship so I don't know.  If you beat us quite so easily then INC probably is better which begs the question "what was the point"?  Every sport puts teams into different divisions.  There's no point in Manchester United playing Wool And Winfrith FC.  WG have noticed that SHs were drying up and have done something about it.

We didn't start winning in SH instantly but unlike you ...

Sorry, my sanctimonious Edited alarm just went off.  

When you speak so expertly about "you", which you are you referring to?  Me personally, my previous clan, my current one or the players you played against ?  There's mo need for you to answer because I know that you are clueless about all those people.

So the only ego that's boosted here is yours, because you are winning more without more skill.

Congratulation, you did manage to understand what I said and it's good that you admit that previously it was your ego that was being boosted.  But not any more.  From now on you'll have to play against clans with a similar track record to yours.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Edited by VMX, 09 March 2017 - 12:16 PM.

dakillzor #43 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 37588 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostStinkyStonky, on 08 March 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

You didn't specify what annoys you, so I have no way of knowing, other than to guess ... You are easily annoyed ?

Was in response to the post before like hello should be able to figure that one out easily.

I suspect WGs motivation is that by having a balanced environment where all clans can get rewarded results in more players, more play time, a larger participating community and ultimately more revenue.

I suspect they analysed the game logs and noticed that participation in SHs was dropping, that unicum clans were dominating and they decided that if they could improve the experience for less able clans the increased participation would translate into extra revenue.

The top level clans are dominating in a mode that was designed around them? Wait what a surprise! Nobody is saying anything to that fact skill based mm for tier 8 and 6 is silly.

Sorry that just sounds a little childish.  It's not "fair", is that really your complaint ?  WG maximise their revenue by maximising the enjoyment of the maximum number of players.  Previously SHs was alienating a large number of players.  WG have tried to reduce this (and IMO have succeeded).

Fair yeah because thats the argument of weaker clans why do I have to fight strong clans all the time?? Why don't I get the super awesome rewards like they do. Its not fair they get to benefit from that and I don't because i'm bad at the game. I deserve the same! -Yellow players

I'd also challenge that you "put much more effort in".  When does [FAME] ever have to play matches against clans that are much, much better than them ?  [FAME] have it easy with game after game after game against lesser clans.

Well for one its hard to find a better clan if you are already the best no? And there are no easy games even for FAME especially when 80% of clans you fight decide to camp. WE put MUCH more effort in than you trying to break trough this every game. Because guess what when unicums camp its actually hard to break. Not like you know what this mean.

There are lots of different game modes and in most of them the top players can earn vastly more than the average players so you'll excuse me if I don't start sobbing at this terrible injustice to you and other top players in general.

And what exactly is wrong being rewarded for being the best? Since when should you get participation rewards? You should get reward for participating what?

SHs still favours better clans, just not as much as it used to.

No it doesn't. It favors bad clans by far they get the same rewards for arguebly less effort and stress. And being in a top clan doesn't gain you anything more because the bonusses are the same for everybody. Perhaps this will change when they finally release advances but for now it's not. 

All in all it seems to me you have no clue what you are talking about tbh.

Schmeksiman #44 Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15428 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostStinkyStonky, on 08 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

I won't dispute any of this.

I don't remember the match (was I on the team ?), so I'll take your word for it.  I can see that you're a much better player than me but is [INC] much better than H5 ?  I don't really go in for hero worship so I don't know.  If you beat us quite so easily then INC probably is better which begs the question "what was the point"?  Every sport puts teams into different divisions.  There's no point in Manchester United playing Wool And Winfrith FC.  WG have noticed that SHs were drying up and have done something about it.

And you know why we are better?

Because in the beginning we had a guy named Dorjan that started doing company battles as a clan activity.

After him we had another guy called Aniallator with great knowledge who upped our level of play and taught me how to command.

Now I'm the person who does trainings, SH and CW.

Whoever is in charge cares about improving and not being content with being bad. Being rewarded for bad play simply is illogical.

We aren't even that much better than you stat wise, the difference is you're okay with mediocrity while we do our best to improve individually and as a team. And you're supposed to be one of the "academy" clans...

Edited by Schmeksiman, 08 March 2017 - 04:40 PM.

StinkyStonky #45 Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18820 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View PostSchmeksiman, on 08 March 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Haha, that's hilarious.  If you'd have bet me, I'd have put money down that I'd never played the 13 90 in SHs.  I'm pretty poor in lights in general and have next to no experience of autoloaders.  To date I have a total of 32 battles in that tank.  No idea what it was when you killed me but I doubt it was elite or had a 100% crew.  The only thing I can think is that our FC was trying something out.

... in the beginning we had a guy named Dorjan that started doing company battles as a clan activity.

After him we had another guy called Aniallator with great knowledge who upped our level of play and taught me how to command.

Now I'm the person who does trainings, SH and CW.

Whoever is in charge cares about improving and not being content with being bad. 

That's great.  Players who take the time to train other are very commendable.

Being rewarded for bad play simply is illogical.

It is, but it's no more illogical than great clans being rewarded for beating weak clans.  How much should The Heavy Weight Champion of The World, get rewarded for beating up an old man, a woman or a child ?

Nothing, they should be condemned for it.

Thankfully your comment is just a strawman as "rewarded for bad play" has not been suggested by anybody and it hasn't been implemented by WG.

We aren't even that much better than you stat wise, 

That's good, so the new ranked system may well match us up again.

... the difference is you're okay with mediocrity 

BZZzzzzt.  Sorry, there goes that sanctimonious Edited alarm again.

Edited by VMX, 09 March 2017 - 12:20 PM.

StinkyStonky #46 Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18820 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View Postdakillzor, on 08 March 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

The top level clans are dominating in a mode that was designed around them? 

No it wasn't.  Strongholds are clearly tiered into 10 different levels and intended for all clans to play.  "Designed around you".  Does your ego have no limits ?

Why don't I get the super awesome rewards like they do. Its not fair they get to benefit from that and I don't because i'm bad at the game. I deserve the same! 

Ah, I see, you're dragging up arguments presented by other people, in other threads, in the past and assuming that it's valid to criticise me for them.

That's intellectually very weak.  You are the cry baby complaining that it's "not fair", not me.

Well for one its hard to find a better clan if you are already the best no? And there are no easy games even for FAME especially when 80% of clans you fight decide to camp. WE put MUCH more effort in than you trying to break trough this every game. Because guess what when unicums camp its actually hard to break. 

Oh, boohoo, it's tough at the top.  If you don't like it get out, but don't come on here belly aching, expecting sympathy.  "there are no easy games even ... if you are already the best" - I love that logic.  You're not a politician are you ?

And what exactly is wrong being rewarded for being the best? Since when should you get participation rewards? You should get reward for participating what?

Wow, you really are full of self pity. Don't worry, the rewards for wining haven't changed.  You'll still get credits, silver and reward tanks by the bucket load.  Your complaint is that other players might also earn a few more credits.  Grow up will you.

No it doesn't. It favors bad clans by far

Hahahahahhaaaaaaa.

they get the same rewards for arguebly less effort and stress.

Hahahaahahaaaaaa

And being in a top clan doesn't gain you anything more

Hhahahhahahaaaa

because the bonusses are the same for everybody. 
The really sad thing is you probably believe what you've written.

All in all it seems to me you have no clue what you are talking about tbh.

Right back at you bud.

HowTheStoryEnds #47 Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24651 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
do you not use the same gameclient? Then show us how the bonuses differ

Norstein_Bekker #48 Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18311 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

Block Quote

It is, but it's no more illogical than great clans being rewarded for beating weak clans.  How much should The Heavy Weight Champion of The World, get rewarded for beating up an old man, a woman or a child ?

wtf exemple ? Your exemple is wrong, because "and old man, a woman or a child" don't (necessarily) do boxe. You should've taken The Heavy Weight Champion of The World vs a rookie, fighting into a tournament but then again your exemple would be wrong. Yes it is an unfair fight, but it's only one fight because there's only one champion, and the rookie signed for this tournament knowing he could face the top Heavy Weight Champion, just like you signed when you go into Skirmishes by clicking on "Battle". The rookie knows he will end up fighting stronger opponent if he signs for that tournament, but he also know there are great rewards from winning that tournament, and not just participating.

Of course, if he doesn't want to face some of the strongest opponent, then he can sign in a smaller tournament, but rewards won't be the same, and that is what logic is.

We play the same game, we have brain, so why are people better than other ? Because they have reflexes, map awareness, reading of the battle, and so on, and that is something that comes with practice and second questionning yourself. When you play a bad game, do you blame the team or do you blame yourself for your shitty positionning ? For your missed shots ? Do you blame the Matchmaking or do you blame yourself for not relocating, for bad trades ?

That's the difference, and that's also what makes us equal in terms of gaming. It's not like super top Adin players have better tanks than you, it's the same tank, they just play it better, and that's what your goal should be, and that's what should be rewarded in the game.

Edited by Norstein_Bekker, 08 March 2017 - 05:46 PM.

Norstein_Bekker #49 Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18311 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

Block Quote

No it doesn't. It favors bad clans by far

Hahahahahhaaaaaaa.

What exactly do you know about "better clans" btw ? You seem well informed, better informed than Dakillzor at least.

Block Quote

The top level clans are dominating in a mode that was designed around them? 

No it wasn't.  Strongholds are clearly tiered into 10 different levels and intended for all clans to play.  "Designed around you".  Does your ego have no limits ?

Exactly, there were tiered so clans could get bonuses from the tier they thought suited them better. Like if you don't want to defend in tier X vs FAME G100 and so on, you don't up your SH to tier 9 and 10. If you don't want to defend in tier 10, you stay under tier 8. If you don't want to defend against blueish/greenish clans, you stay at tier 5 - 6. If you don't want to defend at all, you stay at tier 4.

It was some kind of "natural selection", but WG fucked it up by putting 6 day of defense/week, and allowing clans to set defense period before 2pm and after 2am.

Block Quote

Wow, you really are full of self pity. Don't worry, the rewards for wining haven't changed.  You'll still get credits, silver and reward tanks by the bucket load.  Your complaint is that other players might also earn a few more credits.  Grow up will you.

In what regard is it being "full of self" saying if you're good, you get good rewards, and if you can't win, you shouldn't get rewards ?

Block Quote

And being in a top clan doesn't gain you anything more because the bonusses are the same for everybody. 

The really sad thing is you probably believe what you've written

Then tell us what prevents you from level-upping your SH to tier X and get those bonuses ? All it needs is just some SH farm.

HowTheStoryEnds #50 Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24651 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Come show us how we get more bonus, you have your client and screenshot ability, should be easy even for someone mathematically impaired. (Hint 50% reward is always smaller than >50% reward, like OMG right, who'd have thought)

Griva #51 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32165 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

View PostStinkyStonky, on 08 March 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

It is, but it's no more illogical than great clans being rewarded for beating weak clans.

Fantastic, you made my day xD

Edited  but:

You trying to say that in your world PRO Champion League teams get the same rewards as couple of grandpas playin for fun ? what? xD

Edited by VMX, 10 March 2017 - 01:36 PM.

Corruption_Clan #52 Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36583 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

End of the day...

If you are supposed to be "the best" why the Edited are you arguing this... if you are good you will remain in the "top bracket" fighting the "top clans" and winning these battles, which means your resources per battle average will be higher then say a dude who is in an average clan fighting other average clans. Also why the hell are you try to seal club if you claim to be the best???, you boys keep mentioning money earnt but legit you don't see a champions club playing some 7th division Mongolian team every week do ya??

Also If you are a Edited you will lose majority of these battles which means that your average resources per battle will be lower then the top clans, so how the Edited are you kids talking about the resource thing being unfair for you "kool kids in your top tier klans", when the majority of people who will be in these average clans will actually be gaining resources at a lower rate then a top clan due to as your ranking increases you will be facing in theory clans that will be better then you

You boys keep forgetting that there's this ranking system in place which means if a clan starts to become better then what they started with, in theory they will start fighting better clans then they started off fighting, which in percentage wise, will mean the average resource per battle will reduce unless of course you are actually some sick world of tanks player playing on a crapaccount etc.

Same crapworks if your clans a " sell claimed top klan" and then you start losing every game vs clans who are meant to be your tier. Except this time your rank will drop and hey whatcha know you will in theory be fighting clans that should be worse then you :P

Hope that makes sense.

Add in all that stuff about your clan sucks and my clan is #1 etc blahdy blah blah blah. #PLEASEDONTATTACKMYSTRONGHOLD

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing 

Edited by VMX, 10 March 2017 - 01:41 PM.

WhateverWorks #53 Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37709 battles
  • [-PCR-] -PCR-

What is the problem with the fact that WG decided to reward weaker clans for participating in SH and winning against same level clans? Is the problem the fact that top clans no longer get the best of the best in rewards? Guess what! Your logic fails to account for a simple fact - WG is a company that aims for profit. 

This is not the World Professional League where you have to invest all your life into training to be the best. All you win is pixels. Are you arguing that lesser clans are not entitled to pixels that WG handles and WG makes the rules on how to acquire? Take your battles to WG headquarters and see what you'll get out of it, if you have the cojones. Enjoy the humiliation you deserve for believing your are entitled to something more in a pixel game handled by a profit directed company.

Yes, I think that the examples given are great ones. Being rewarded with anything at all for beating lesser clans is not just preposterous, it is also downgrading. WG did you a favor, now you get to tone your skills against the best. Enjoy it. Stop moaning on the forums that it's not fair that WG decided to reward other clans the same.  

Norstein_Bekker #54 Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18311 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

Much wow such thrill, IS-3/Defender/54L, but yeah, skilled MM.

Corruption_Clan #55 Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36583 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostNorstein_Bekker, on 08 March 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Much wow such thrill, IS-3/Defender/54L, but yeah, skilled MM.

They have a tvp

Norstein_Bekker #56 Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18311 battles
  • [N00T] N00T
Point taken :trollface:

Qomewaon #57 Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11957 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

View PostStinkyStonky, on 08 March 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

How much should The Heavy Weight Champion of The World, get rewarded for beating up an old man, a woman or a child ?

How much should get the Heavy Weight Champion of the World to beat another Champion (let's say the second, or the third) from his category ? The same amount than a beginner who would be fighting against another beginner ?

Should I get paid as much as Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer while i'm winning against someone of my low-skill level in tennis ? Is it fair ? 

Why the worst players of this server should get rewarded as much as the best players of this server ?

People are not complaining about everybody getting the same bonuses. People are complaining about the fact that being in high-elo clan gives the same rewards than being in low-elo clans.

For good clans, WR in skirmishes is dropping to 50-55% since last patch. For bad clans, WR in skirmishes is going up to 45-50%. 

Better WR includes better average experience and better average credits earned. Lower WR includes lower average experience and lower average credits earned

How can Wargaming call this "competitive game mode" when you earned the same rewards being the top clan than being the worst clan ?

WhateverWorks #58 Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37709 battles
  • [-PCR-] -PCR-

View PostQomewaon, on 08 March 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

How much should get the Heavy Weight Champion of the World to beat another Champion (let's say the second, or the third) from his category ? The same amount than a beginner who would be fighting against another beginner ?

Should I get paid as much as Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer while i'm winning against someone of my low-skill level in tennis ? Is it fair ? 

Why the worst players of this server should get rewarded as much as the best players of this server ?

People are not complaining about everybody getting the same bonuses. People are complaining about the fact that being in high-elo clan gives the same rewards than being in low-elo clans.

For good clans, WR in skirmishes is dropping to 50-55% since last patch. For bad clans, WR in skirmishes is going up to 45-50%. 

Better WR includes better average experience and better average credits earned. Lower WR includes lower average experience and lower average credits earned

How can Wargaming call this "competitive game mode" when you earned the same rewards being the top clan than being the worst clan ?

How is this not competitive? It just gives clans that want to play better the opportunity to do so, encouraging them to play and learn. Are you against that?

Again, this is not a discussion about Champions. Even if it were, are you arguing that a medal won by a heavy weight champion is worth more than a medal won by a heavy weight champion that's competing in the specials category? Are you really willing to make that axiological claim?

People are not willing to invest the same amount of time, brain concentration or memory into learning to master a game that is intently made for recreation. Are you going to say that SH is not meant for recreation? How many tournaments, leagues and so on are meant solely for people that want to play at champion level? Plenty.

Edited by WhateverWorks, 08 March 2017 - 10:20 PM.

Corruption_Clan #59 Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36583 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

-MM should fight FAME

Both clans complaining about resources

yolo

But legit if you were in a semi average clan and for example you started playing tier 10 clan wars and your first battle was against FAME and then your next 3-4 battles were against some other decent clan... Would you actually wanna do tier 10 skirmishes again?

Edited by Corruption_Clan, 08 March 2017 - 10:28 PM.

HowTheStoryEnds #60 Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24651 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostCorruption_Clan, on 08 March 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

End of the day...

If you are supposed to be "the best" why the feck are you arguing this... if you are good you will remain in the "top bracket" fighting the "top clans" and winning these battles, which means your resources per battle average will be higher then say a dude who is in an average clan fighting other average clans. Also why the hell are you try to seal club if you claim to be the best???, you boys keep mentioning money earnt but legit you don't see a champions club playing some 7th division Mongolian team every week do ya??

Also If you are a s**t you will lose majority of these battles which means that your average resources per battle will be lower then the top clans, so how the feck are you kids talking about the resource thing being unfair for you "kool kids in your top tier klans", when the majority of people who will be in these average clans will actually be gaining resources at a lower rate then a top clan due to as your ranking increases you will be facing in theory clans that will be better then you

You boys keep forgetting that there's this ranking system in place which means if a clan starts to become better then what they started with, in theory they will start fighting better clans then they started off fighting, which in percentage wise, will mean the average resource per battle will reduce unless of course you are actually some sick world of tanks player playing on a crapaccount etc.

Same crapworks if your clans a " sell claimed top klan" and then you start losing every game vs clans who are meant to be your tier. Except this time your rank will drop and hey whatcha know you will in theory be fighting clans that should be worse then you :P

Hope that makes sense.

Add in all that stuff about your clan sucks and my clan is #1 etc blahdy blah blah blah. #PLEASEDONTATTACKMYSTRONGHOLD

because it's not FUN to have to tryhard 24/7 and we played skirmishes to relax and have some light-hearted fun while playing it's all explained in the discussion thread on the main section.

We'd like to just play a GAME and HAVE FUN while doing so once in a while. 

BTW what ranking system, you have info I don't? WG hasn't officially explained anything and the dev on the RU forum as well as the in-game client only say PR, so enlighten us on whatever info you have that we don't. So far all we know is it's PR based so virtually impossible to lower and static afaik. It's obviously not an ELO system either or everyone would've started at 0 to begin with. As for your mongolian division comparison: we ONLY see first class now but the rewards earned is identical to the "Edited" division. So yeah, less fun, more effort for significant less gain than before. Complaining is the only sensible thing to do.

Edited by VMX, 09 March 2017 - 12:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users