Getting banned for defending a friend

friend banned ban friendly enemy noob tomato horrible bad moderation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jupsu #1 Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6489 battles

So, comes out that I got banned for an hour for defending my friend in a match.

Just as a side-note, he was playing tier M41 HMC (arty) and I was on my Chaffee (Light tank).

Our own teammate (Hellcat - joona_603) goes to harass and ram my friend. He keeps going despite the warnings I try to give him and I end up shooting his tank. He doesn't stop so even my friend shot him once. As even that wasn't enough, I end up shooting two more times, so that he blows up, I turn blue and get banned for one hour.

Seems legit, right?

Not only that, this has happened earlier too, without bans tho. I was playing with my littlebro, both in our VI arties, and this higher tier tank (our own teammate) comes to harass all the arty in our team (There was 3 arty in total in our team). He kept going and going, till I shot his tank, and apparently he blew up for it.

Now I just got to ask, am I the one doing something wrong here? As I'm trying to actually decently keep the game up despite the online trolls, whose I try to deal with the best way I can. (I ALWAYS try to warn before doing something like shooting own teammate, but that has worked 0 times in total in W.o.T.) It also bothers me how much possibility for victory we lose with people doing nothing for the team, not to mention them trying their best to ruin it from the others too. And I get it the way, that the toxic part of the W.o.T. community is just trying to come up with ways to ruin the game for their teams in ways that do not include shooting and so on getting them selves banned, but just everyone else.

So...

Any ideas how I should deal with these situations?

Or just continuing trying to make it through the best I can and trying to have W.o.T. fix the situations?

If some moderator, etc. reads this out there, do you have any advice, of what I could do myself to this situation? 

PS. I don't like getting myself banned either, and I know TKing is stupid, but running out of ideas. Haven't seen the reporting system doing much of a difference lately. :(

jupsu #2 Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6489 battles
Also, it's not like there's not enough work getting done in W.o.T. already, just expressing my thoughts as this is coming more and more popular, it seems.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7269 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Seems like its working as intended.

Don't shoot the green tanks.

Kupsztas #4 Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20500 battles
  • [PUNKS] PUNKS

you didn't "defend a friend", you shot allied tank. 

system is clear about team damage and trolling does not count as team damage, shooting does.

you may not like the system, but crying that you got banned for shooting green tank and naming it "defending friend" won't change anything.

you also broke a forum rule by posting his nickname. don't be surprised if this thread disappears.

Edited by Kupsztas, 08 March 2017 - 11:07 PM.

Also tagged with friend, banned, ban, friendly, enemy, noob, tomato, horrible, bad, moderation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users