World of Tanks Live Wallpaper

Wallpaper Engine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

cro_lux #1 Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24213 battles

Hello everyone, today I would like to introduce you to an app called Wallpaper Engine! It's a very simple and neat app that allowes you to make any gif, video, 2D or 3D scene, or even make a wallpaper with an engine like Unity and use them as wallpapers on your PC.
The first question everyone will ask is: Is it free? -No, it's not. But it's very cheap, only 4 €/$/£ depending on where you live. And it has Steam Workshop where you will be able to find tens of thousands of FREE wallpapers! Not a bad deal right?
It's a software available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/431960/

Now onto the important thing, currently I only made 1 wallpaper for World of Tanks and I plan to make more depending on the response. I will not take requests since I'm sure everyone would want their own favorite tank on the screen but I'm a student with limited time on my hands to make these so I tend to make them only when I feel like it :)
The wallpaper I made looks like this:

It's an 18s long, perfectly looped video so you will not be able to notice beginning or the end. There was an option to put music in the wallpaper but I decided not to since most, if not everyone eventually turns it off.

Tutorial:
Once you've bought and downloaded Wallpaper Engine on Steam, start it. In the bottom right corner you will see this icon:

Double click it and a window will appear, and you will have a choice of a few stock wallpapers. Click on any of them and voila! You've got yourself an animated wallpaper.

On the right side of the window you have a few options which are self explanatory, the most important one is "Scheme color" which will change the color of your theme in windows, mine is currently blue but it can be set to any color you want.

How do you get other wallpapers?
I've mentioned the Steam Workshop before didn't I?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/431960/workshop/  -Once you find a wallpaper you like, click on it and then click on subscribe:
Since I'm promoting my own wallpaper let's start with it. This link will lead you towards my wallpaper: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880668114&searchtext=world+of+tanks

Once you click on subscribe it will start downloading it:

Once it's completed, restart your Wallpaper Engine app and you should have all your old and new wallpapers in the inventory.

You might wanna read the following as well:
Okay so I've been testing this software for 4 months now and there have been a lot of bugs but most of them have been solved, there are a few minor ones that might appear. If an error does appear please contact the support from the creators of the app, not me.
I've tested this app on my PC and on my Laptop, both are working fine. The wallpaper I made is using along with the app less then 1% of the CPU and about 30mb of RAM, which is basically close to nothing even for potato PCs from 2006.

Let's just say, if you can use Chrome, you can use this software.
Now, not every wallpaper will use the same amount of resources. For an example I've made a simple video wallpaper in 4k resolution and it ate up 50% of my CPU power on my PC which has an Intel i5 4590 CPU (4 cores, 3.7GHz). So for now I would stick with 1080p wallpapers even if you have a beast PC.
That would be it, if you have any questions please leave them in the comment section below and I'll try to answer them asap :)

This is somewhat of a long post, took me an hour to write it xD

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7234 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Please re-read the forum rules:

4. Don’t spam!

Avoid:

• Repeatedly posting the same content
  • Posting the same content in multiple threads
  • Posting irrelevant content
  • Referral links, advertisements, etc.
  • Advertising for product sales of any kind
  • Advertising for services offered by individuals or companies
  • Excessive capitalization, use of fonts, colours or images
  • Begging
  • Bumping posts (unless it is expressly allowed in the sub-section)
  • Abusing the "Reported Post" feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages

cro_lux #3 Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24213 battles
Well in this case I'm not advertising the product, I'm advertising my wallpaper, the thing is it's the only and best software for animated wallpapers.
But I understand, that's why I put it in off-topic section. If the moderators feel like it should be removed, well I guess it will be removed :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users