Supertest News - SPG Tests

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Sael_ #1 Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 749 battles

The work on SPG roles is in progress and today we are ready to share some new info about the changes of these vehicles before the start of another Sandbox server testing phase. Changes of characteristics and some game mechanics of this class will be tested on the Supertest. These changes will be applied to all SPGs in the game, and can be divided into two groups: characteristics changes of low-tier SPGs and updating SPGs that have already been tested before in terms of Supertests and Sandbox.

For low-tier vehicles the following system changes will be applied:

• Decreased armor penetration of HE shells
  • Removal of AP, APCR and HEAT shells
  • Decreased view range.

The vehicles that previously took place in testing on the Sandbox server will be consistently changed in the following way:

• 10% explosion range decrease
  • Heavy and Superheavy Spall Liners will decrease the stun effect by 10%
  • The negative effect on mobility was decreased by 30%

Important! Please be aware that these are just test changes that might differ from the final ones released on the live server.

We will continue sharing the information about the game changes that are tested on Supertest. Stay tuned!

Cobra6 #2 Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSael_, on 14 March 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

The vehicles that previously took place in testing on the Sandbox server will be consistently changed in the following way:

• 10% explosion range decrease
  • The negative effect on mobility was decreased by 30%

Awesome, those were two things which frustrated me quite a lot but to be honest I'd personally would have liked to see the mobility effect remain the same but reducing the effect on accuracy.

Cobra 6

PaganWatcher #3 Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16436 battles
  • [-TTK-] -TTK-

View PostCobra6, on 14 March 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

Awesome, those were two things which frustrated me quite a lot but to be honest I'd personally would have liked to see the mobility effect remain the same but reducing the effect on accuracy.

Cobra 6

maybe simply when get hit by arty your crew turns in to 90% - 50% if its very hard and accurate hit.

it could be easier to implement instead of creating completely new formula for designated event.  

Nighthawk83DK #4 Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16940 battles

Hello fellow tankers :-) 

Those changes for SPG's, is this gonne make the One shot artys non existence, I mean can they still one shot you (tier9 & tier10) or will these new changes take some of these damage numbers way down?  I havent been on the test server my self this time, so i just had to ask here, now that its starting to get very frustrating that the High tier arty simply just one shots people all the time. At least I find it kind of frustrating, personally I like playing arty but I still kind of feel it should have stopped at Tier8 as the max tier for arty.

At least these new changes with the stun factor is very welcome, I have a feeling its gonna be more challenging to play the arty, witch I do welcome.

Sorry about my spelling english is not my main language :-)

Se ya all on the battlefield   

Cobra6 #5 Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostPaganWatcher, on 14 March 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

maybe simply when get hit by arty your crew turns in to 90% - 50% if its very hard and accurate hit.

it could be easier to implement instead of creating completely new formula for designated event.  

That is similar to what happens but the problem is you also sit tracked all the bloody time so for the receiving party a direct arty hit usually means a trip to the garage anyway because you get "assistance damaged" to pieces instead of receiving one direct one-shot.

Different, but still frustrating when on the receiving end.

Cobra 6

an0ther #6 Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33247 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Will SU-26 get the old gun back, because with even less HE pen, and 164 alpha of the 76mm  it will not be able to do anything in the game with the HE shells ?

RockyRoller #7 Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33096 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

I am sure the moaners will be pleased until they find something new to moan about, and they will. Perhaps they will pick on the tanks that have better view ranges and can also one round? Or tanks with better hiding camo that can one round?

What really is the % chance for an SPG to one round? I know some of my SPGs with derp guns can do it but the % of misses by huge margins are extremely high. I also know the vanilla aiming system cheats in favour of the red team. Yes cheats because it will tell me some shots are totally impossible, but if I use the 3d view mod, the tank CAN be hit. All the possibilities to hit a tank are server side so the vanilla aiming system is cheating for the red team isn't it! 

Stop the nerf, and ear plugs for arti whiners

RockyRoller #8 Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33096 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

do 2000 in a game task 10 times

I wasn't able to do this in a T7 SPG, 3/10 in a day, so in what way are SPGs overpowered and need nerfing?

(1k to 1.5k in some SPGs was doable but not 2k)

Cobra6 #9 Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRockyRoller, on 15 March 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

I am sure the moaners will be pleased until they find something new to moan about, and they will. Perhaps they will pick on the tanks that have better view ranges and can also one round? Or tanks with better hiding camo that can one round?

What really is the % chance for an SPG to one round? I know some of my SPGs with derp guns can do it but the % of misses by huge margins are extremely high. I also know the vanilla aiming system cheats in favour of the red team. Yes cheats because it will tell me some shots are totally impossible, but if I use the 3d view mod, the tank CAN be hit. All the possibilities to hit a tank are server side so the vanilla aiming system is cheating for the red team isn't it! 

Stop the nerf, and ear plugs for arti whiners

What are the chances....well, for you as an arty player maybe once every 30 battles which is not a lot.

However for me, as a very good player and the victim of not only your shot, but 2-3 other arties every match, the chances of getting one-shotted are quite a bit higher. Since I have the "1/30" chance for every arty player in that specific match.

Trust me, for a good/great player that generally favour more mobile less armoured tanks due to the style of fighting, getting one-shotted or losing 5/6th of your health is not *really* that uncommon.

Your gameplay experience driving tanks as a 46%'er is radically different from someone like me because of a little nice thing called XVM focus which persists in this game, it's not uncommon for artillery players to literally focus me for the whole match even if I completely change flanks or don't show myself for 1 or 2 minutes.

Therefore if arty pretty much only shoots you the whole match the chances of them doing massive damage just increase because even if they miss you they still can easily shave off 1/3 of your health on the current live-server.

Cobra 6

Titaniumas #10 Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36083 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
Is gold ammo and gold consumables for gold only now ? I was checking QB testing the new tier 10 lights and there was no option for credits.

RockyRoller #11 Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33096 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
and if you were remotely correct Cobra6 then every T10/9/8 game would be won by SPGs who did the most damage consistently on a side, and that be highlighted in the do 2k damage task this week. But it isn't because your opinion is anecdotal and not factual. 

Homer_J #12 Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29038 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postan0ther, on 14 March 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

Will SU-26 get the old gun back, because with even less HE pen, and 164 alpha of the 76mm  it will not be able to do anything in the game with the HE shells ?

I think they have given up on the impossible task of making arty interesting to play and not so annoying to play against and instead just gone for make them as useless as possible so people will just forget they exist.

RockyRoller #13 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33096 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

I find the SPG interesting to play. There are some changes I can agree too, like 2 max per side. But they depend on green tanks seeing opponents, a humongous aiming and reload time, a to miss RNG bias, random damage scales, maps that are anti extra long range, all of which are making the nerfs a punishment for playing not for anything else.

If artis were that overpowered they would dominate all the game stats, win all the game matches, and leave no Unicums left in Wn8 by trashing all their stats through attrition.

As none of these things occur what does that tell you?

DracheimFlug #14 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9076 battles

Are the HE changes only for SPG's? Or does this change the HE mechanics for all tanks (which would massivley change Japanese heavies and as well as significantly change a lot of other tanks)

If no, why not? Does this mean that WG has stopped pretending there is historical anything about tanks?

And what are the plans with respect to the SPG personal missions?

PricelessPlayingPancake #15 Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 15137 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
Yeeeees! :harp::bajan::trollface:

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11187 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Will the reduced pen result in more arty focus on paper tanks? Or is my CDC in a few months also safe from beiing one-shot balanced?

Innapropriate_Username #17 Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11149 battles

https://thedailyboun...pers-qa-230317/

"Wargaming is considering to remove the SPG Class if the new stun mechanics is negatively received."

. . .  . .  ..  . . . .. .     :unsure:

Linux_Pingviini #18 Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4729 battles

I am SPG player. Now I read made me sad. I do not trust anymore the game manufacturer. This game - I do not send dollars.

Go to bankruptcy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users