• Content Team
  • 0 battles
New arty mechanics and Tier X light tanks enter the final round of testing

The full text of the news item

Homer_J #2 Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24446 battles

Interesting that WG agree with my opinion that the stun effect was too annoying. 

I wonder if in the end arty will do nothing and just get exp for firing shells.

p14b #3 Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17458 battles

Once again WG continue with this BS box selective server, the only real WOT players opinion on how to fix arty that i have heard many times over that's positive, is reduce Arty to 1 per game 2 at the very MAX 

As there is NO FIX !!! in this current setup of the game.

Unless Arty fire fruit and veg so people get there 5 a day, players are never going to like any fix, Arty is not the problem here in truth! > its WG for allowing up to 3/4/5 Arty per side on some games

as well as all the other problems in game like the retarded MM and RNG, big problem now is the release of these new OP unbalanced Premium tanks for quick cash, but whenever people cry its always the Arty's

fault.

WG never fix problems they only every add to them, don't get me wrong they also add a lot of good things in game, but wasting more time on this BS box server when most fixes are very simple is a joke. 

I have no opinion on Light Tanks as i don't play them!! But its funny how every non player of Arty sticks in there biased opinion?  

Grandpa_Wikk #4 Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11018 battles
New arty changes again? 

Edited by Grandpa_Wikk, 17 March 2017 - 11:17 PM.

Sl4t #5 Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12346 battles

Well, I really hope this time is the charm. Arty as been the biggest pain in the game for me for a LONG time now, although I do think the problem came from the maps changes.

A few years back arty was a much better to play with and, when on the other side of the barrel you had plenty of cover from its fire. Nowadays you are forced to expose yourself constantly, either to direct fire or to the freaking sky-fire. Obviously I can deal with direct fire, it's where the fun is...

Arty on the other hand, with its excuse that it is to prevent camping when in fact it FORCES me to camp even more, is just bogus!

My biased opinion (2k arty battles) is that, either completely remove the class or, as suggested limit them to 1 or 2 max per battle!

Just did 3 battles, 2 with no arty at all, and 1 with 3 arties, were is the logic in that??

Edited by Sl4t, 18 March 2017 - 05:13 PM.

havok585 #6 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8758 battles

View Postp14b, on 17 March 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

Once again WG continue with this BS box selective server, the only real WOT players opinion on how to fix arty that i have heard many times over that's positive, is reduce Arty to 1 per game 2 at the very MAX 

As there is NO FIX !!! in this current setup of the game.

Unless Arty fire fruit and veg so people get there 5 a day, players are never going to like any fix, Arty is not the problem here in truth! > its WG for allowing up to 3/4/5 Arty per side on some games

as well as all the other problems in game like the retarded MM and RNG, big problem now is the release of these new OP unbalanced Premium tanks for quick cash, but whenever people cry its always the Arty's

fault.

WG never fix problems they only every add to them, don't get me wrong they also add a lot of good things in game, but wasting more time on this BS box server when most fixes are very simple is a joke. 

I have no opinion on Light Tanks as i don't play them!! But its funny how every non player of Arty sticks in there biased opinion?  

Oh you are so UN-biased? there is no such a thing as un-bias, stop crying.

JuliusGCaesar #7 Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1538 battles

Since I'm a very bad player at best, no one will take me seriously, but here's my thoughts:

One of the major problems, is that the amount of arties on each team should have a much lower limit. Two at MAX. When did five at each team, ever, sound like a good idea? I really wan't an answer to this, since it seems completely insane.

A key issue seems to be those random one-shots, which could be adressed as follows: As it is now, the rate of fire is low, most with ~2 shells/min, which in turn means the possibility of huge alpha, in order to keep dpm at a viable level. But a lot of the time, those shells will only do a limited amount of damage, not even close to the average alpha of the gun. Frustrating to the guy getting one-shot, but also to the arty player. It's basically unreliable as heck.

A solution could be to keep the dpm(maybe lower it a bit), but change reload and alpha. Make the reload shorter, the alpha much lower and more dependable.

I don't want 1800hp shots every half minute, if I could get 300hp shots out every 6 seconds, a bit more reliably.

The stun effect is just bull.... and has no place in a game like this. Are we going to see snares, freezes and magic attacks as well, soon? Seems like the path you're taking. Maybe we can get to death-grip fast scouts too?

Or just lower the dpm, while limiting the amount on each team to two, thus making the impact less. For all in the world, no stun effect. This is not warcraft, etc. It's a tank game. And another thought, why would a shell from a FV215b (183), etc. not stun? It's basically an arty cannon, and if the impact from an arty shell will stun the crew, why would a similar shell from a different class not? Seems stupid.

Agramsch #8 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31355 battles

How about we introduce a new line of artillery to the game, which in size doesn't go bigger than the Hummel for example but is on tier ten and everything below it will be quite mobile like the british FV one on tier six and has to move around with the team all the time. "Unfortunately" the big artillery we have now would have to go as making them much more mobile wouldn't work, they are simply too heavy, or maybe turn them into another class called " Heavy artillery" maybe?

Artilleries at tier ten shoot every 10-15 seconds and do little to no damage lets say 50-200.

Their main purpose is gonna be the debuff area-effect of those new artillery-mechanics but the effectiveness of it will depend on the heaviness of the tanks surrounding the impact, like imagine Maus or Type 5 Heavy will be clear of the effect after 3-5 seconds, even quicker with additional modules and at the same time smaller/faster and less armored tanks like mediums stay longer under the debuff, lets say 10 seconds.

With the difference in the effectiveness of the area-effect debuff lets call it "Shellshock" between different classes of tanks, I think that big tanks like the super heavies wont be permanently stuned, maybe if there are 2-5 arties shooting at them constantly - and given the fact that they are spotted the whole time - but having less then 3 arties per team would be beneficial to the whole system.

Lastly I was thinking of the possibility of giving every tank/player a " Marking/Call for arty" ability with which you can signal the arty player that you want one particular enemy tank to be under concentrated fire, similar to what the scouts did in Armored Warfare when they enabled more damage on the marked target. The same thing is gonna be happening here, marked enemy targets will recieve more damage, but ONLY by the artillery fired one and only HE shells, which I think will improve the teamplay between the arty players and the tank players in close to medium fighting distance, both will benefit from each other gameplay wise as the artiley player will always seek to do more damage and will do so if shooting what is marked.

On another note, how about explosions who alter the map, since BF Bad Company 2 I always though artillery in WoT would be able to create alternative routes for the tank drivers similar to what you can do in Star Craft 2 when destroying bolders or other hindrances which seperates the map, or how about destroying connections/bridges between two sides, so tank drivers have to find alternative routes. One expampe would be imagine destroying the buildings on Ruinberg where the banana street is and making it impervious for the rest of the match, creating more gameplay interactions, of course tanks can do that aswell but have to use more he shoots to destroy the surrounding buildings.

Edited by Agramsch, 21 March 2017 - 08:45 AM.

Gremlin182 #9 Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37483 battles
Strange I just got an invite to the sandbox are you starting a new one or is this part 5.

Homer_J #10 Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24446 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 06 April 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

Strange I just got an invite to the sandbox are you starting a new one or is this part 5.

Seems to have been a misfire on the email server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users