Hello from Canada

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Boomsticksolo #1 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 532 battles

Hey there,

New to the EU server as of today. Came over from the NA server because I have been told that there is far less team killing and team damage over here. So far so good.

I was getting TK'd or getting team damage almost daily, some would call me out saying I was a reroll then bam shot, others would call me a stat padder and you guessed it, bam shot.

I look forward to playing along side you guys and I hope I can help you get a win.

I won't bother coming into forums too much though, WG is way too fanboi'ish for my taste. I prefer forums where you can vent and complain but everytime I said anything negative I would receive a strike. 

I also have some clips on youtube for new players. Only a handful ATM but I will replace the ones that were taken off, soon enough.

Cheers

Homer_J #2 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24587 battles
Welcome, we love reroll statpadders who vent and complain.  In fact I think that would describe half the active members of the forum.

Edited by Homer_J, 19 March 2017 - 07:08 AM.

TacticusMK2 #3 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11008 battles
  • [DUAL] DUAL

View PostBoomsticksolo, on 19 March 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

Hey there,

New to the EU server as of today. Came over from the NA server because I have been told that there is far less team killing and team damage over here. So far so good.

I was getting TK'd or getting team damage almost daily, some would call me out saying I was a reroll then bam shot, others would call me a stat padder and you guessed it, bam shot.

I look forward to playing along side you guys and I hope I can help you get a win.

I won't bother coming into forums too much though, WG is way too fanboi'ish for my taste. I prefer forums where you can vent and complain but everytime I said anything negative I would receive a strike. 

I also have some clips on youtube for new players. Only a handful ATM but I will replace the ones that were taken off, soon enough.

Cheers

Wait what? the NA forum way too fanboish? Doesnt sound the same as EU... but then again we Europeans are known to be ace at complaining.. especially those darn Dutch. Although the French are trying to beat us in the complaining department.

Team killing here is less frequent, generally only happens when Edited . If you happen to use a bush they wanted or whatever.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

Edited by VMX, 20 March 2017 - 10:54 AM.

Nokkeli #4 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15067 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH

View PostBoomsticksolo, on 19 March 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Don't worry, every single person here on the EU forums is hell-bent on destroying WG. We do not really understand why but it seems to have something to do with WG being the antichrist and an incarnation of every evil person ever to exist. Enjoy your stay :great:

Kooallu #5 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35376 battles

View PostBoomsticksolo, on 19 March 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Hey there,

Cheers

wot<br/><a data-cke-saved-href="http://oi63.tinypic.com/25jh6vk.jpg" href="http://oi63.tinypic.com/25jh6vk.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

statpad is life :)

Boomsticksolo #6 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 532 battles

An example of Fanboi'sh

I explain (in detail) that you can keep doing Edited.

IMO it is much better to have an open forum where people can talk about the game for good or bad, games I have worked on have taken advantage of customers writing in complaints (back in the day) beta testers are asked to do exactly that, but for some reason WOT doesn't want negative talk.

With that I shut up before I get a strike again, 

Cheers

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Edited by VMX, 20 March 2017 - 10:38 AM.

Zeebad #7 Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23744 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

View PostBoomsticksolo, on 20 March 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

With that I shut up before I get a strike again, 

Cheers

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Irony. Right there XD

Wayneable #8 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38982 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Always nice to see a fellow Canadian, welcome to the EU server. 

LaManche #9 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15992 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS

View PostNokkeli, on 19 March 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Don't worry, every single person here on the EU forums is hell-bent on destroying WG. We do not really understand why but it seems to have something to do with WG being the antichrist and an incarnation of every evil person ever to exist. Enjoy your stay :great:

Hah so true! Vast majority of us, fellow forum members, will never miss a chance to have a good rant at WG - especially when they release new premiums. Then hell breaks loose on the forums, new threads open every several minutes with players screaming how OP the new tank is, how P2W this game is going, that they are quitting... and after a month it's fine again. Just wait and see - once we're flaming, pick up your pitchfork and torch and join us, the "WoT is P2W" mob on the forum. :D Regardless, welcome to the EU server! Hope you like it. 

Och and what ping you have when playing from Canada?

Boomsticksolo #10 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 532 battles

WOW,

That is funny. Perfect example of what I mean.

Dear moderators, I mean this in the nicest way, but I really don't think you understand context. Or its even worse here than on the NA server forums.

Bringing up a negative flaw in your programming is one thing, saying it is a cool thing to do is another.

I was not saying that it was something that we should all do, I was simply using it as an example of flaws in your programming.

If you think that other people out there do not know that this really does work, I suggest you google it, its not a big secret, so editing it out is like putting your head in the sand and saying its not true.

Moderators please understand Im being serious and not trying to be mean. The worst part about this censorship is the fact that you could turn it around and simply ask for players suggestions on how to fix issues. Most reading this will simply say "BS" but that doesnt change reality and the reality is I could come into your head office, jump on your computers and with one day give you a new proper MM that worked off of multiple conditions like tank tier, tank upgrade (is your tank stock or upgraded) or what wargaming has already said they dont want.... a MM based on stats.

Even easier would be changing your team damage matrix so players wont be getting booted for stupid reason

IE: a td is on a cliff overlooking the enemy and theres a team mate at the base of this short cliff, another team mate heavy comes over and pushes the td off the cliff and onto the team mate below..... TD that got pushed get automatic boot. Do you realize how easy it is to fix that?  

Assuming nobody knows what they are talking about is not a healthy way of running a business, but its your business so by all means, censor the guy trying to help you.

I was hoping to join this servers forum to be an active member of the community, but obviously its a closed minded community.

cheers

Boomsticksolo #11 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 532 battles

View PostWayneable, on 20 March 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

Always nice to see a fellow Canadian, welcome to the EU server. 

Thanks mate, 

Homer_J #12 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24587 battles

View PostBoomsticksolo, on 20 March 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

I was hoping to join this servers forum to be an active member of the community,

You may want to familiarise yourself with the forum rules then.  I don't know how the moderators on the NA forum do things but generally posting things which break the rules here gets you sanctions.

MM that worked off of multiple conditions like tank tier, tank upgrade (is your tank stock or upgraded)

That was tried in closed beta and dropped because it turns out that it's a terrible idea to give people worse matchmaking when they upgrade their tank.

a td is on a cliff overlooking the enemy and theres a team mate at the base of this short cliff, another team mate heavy comes over and pushes the td off the cliff and onto the team mate below.....

Let me introduce you to a little saying we have here.  Replay or it didn't happen.

Edited by Homer_J, 20 March 2017 - 11:38 PM.

Boomsticksolo #13 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 532 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 20 March 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

You may want to familiarise yourself with the forum rules then.  I don't know how the moderators on the NA forum do things but generally posting things which break the rules here gets you sanctions.

MM that worked off of multiple conditions like tank tier, tank upgrade (is your tank stock or upgraded)

That was tried in closed beta and dropped because it turns out that it's a terrible idea to give people worse matchmaking when they upgrade their tank.

a td is on a cliff overlooking the enemy and theres a team mate at the base of this short cliff, another team mate heavy comes over and pushes the td off the cliff and onto the team mate below.....

Let me introduce you to a little saying we have here.  Replay or it didn't happen.

Edited  I take it......

first point: the point being made is obviously I think the rules are setup so that you cant give any negative feedback which I believe is unhealthy, I am truley sorry if this is too hard for you to follow.

second point: it wouldnt be worse matchmaking when upgraded it would be fair, so you dont have 10 tanks fully upgraded against a team with 8 stock tanks. also your comment "it's a terrible idea" is your opinion, with so many variations of code writing , to say it didnt work is just an uneducated statement. 

third point: replay was sent in with the ticket and I still received back an automated "we will look into it" No mention of sorry that you got booted, nope, just working as intended.

It funny that you use a picture of a brussel sprout, but its a very good choice for what seems to be a bitter person, only been here two days and its been made obvious you like to assert yourself as someone who knows everything and your 21k post only backs up my point. Maybe you should leave the stuff you dont understand like programming alone and focus on playing more games, your averaging 3k games a year thats what I did in 2 1/2 months on NA server and thats still playing and testing 2 other games.

Cheers

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Edited by VMX, 21 March 2017 - 04:04 PM.

Homer_J #14 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24587 battles

View PostBoomsticksolo, on 21 March 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

your averaging 3k games a year

Wow, I've been playing this game for 8 years (24000/3000=8).  That makes me pretty amazing since it was released less than 6 years ago.

And it's You're.

Edited by Homer_J, 21 March 2017 - 01:42 AM.

Boomsticksolo #15 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 532 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 21 March 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

Wow, I've been playing this game for 8 years.  That makes me pretty amazing since it was released less than 6 years ago.

I pride myself on not being a know it all, look at your Member since date........ 

but keep trying , i enjoy the laughs

Cheers

Homer_J #16 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24587 battles

View PostBoomsticksolo, on 21 March 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

I pride myself on not being a know it all, look at your Member since date........ 

3 September 2010, that's still not 8 years.

Edited by Homer_J, 21 March 2017 - 01:44 AM.

1ncompetenc3 #17 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33887 battles

There's a couple of things you should probably realise about the WoT EU community.

1) The entirety of WGEU staff is overworked to the point of being completely ineffective at dealing with support tickets.

2) Moderation here is largely random and often absent altogether for long stretches of time, although as of late it seems to be getting more in line with what one would expect from a company's official game forum (without censoring criticism) rather than a *chan. I'm genuinely impressed myself.

3) Sprouts are held in the highest regard here.

At any rate, you seem like an argumentative little Edited so you'll fit right in.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing.

Edited by VMX, 21 March 2017 - 04:07 PM.

Homer_J #18 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24587 battles

View PostBoomsticksolo, on 21 March 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

It funny that you use a picture of a brussel sprout,

It's a community in joke, something I would have thought someone who....

View PostBoomsticksolo, on 20 March 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

was hoping to join this servers forum to be an active member of the community,

might have taken some time to familiarise themselves with before leaping in with both feet.

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 21 March 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

Don't tell Nutter he was dissing the sprouts.  He doesn't want to make Nutter angry.  Nobody likes Nutter when he's angry.

Edited by Homer_J, 21 March 2017 - 01:54 AM.

Boomsticksolo #19 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 532 battles

LOL

you are awesome, guess its too hard for you to see what I clearly did. Its kind of obvious that used your post number by accident adding to 3k a year

But congratulations mate, your averaging a whopping 3682 matches a year, still about what I do in 2 1/2 months....

so your point is?

I am sure you will come up with some sort of comeback, people like you have to have the last word.... try to make it original or at least make sense.

All this over a thread to say hello , ya got issues mate.

Cheers

Boomsticksolo #20 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 532 battles

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 21 March 2017 - 01:51 AM, said:

There's a couple of things you should probably realise about the WoT EU community.

1) The entirety of WGEU staff is overworked to the point of being completely ineffective at dealing with support tickets.

2) Moderation here is largely random and often absent altogether for long stretches of time, although as of late it seems to be getting more in line with what one would expect from a company's official game forum (without censoring criticism) rather than a *chan. I'm genuinely impressed myself.

At any rate, you seem like an argumentative little Edited so you'll fit right in.

cheers mate

and I like an argument as much as the next bloke, I don'y like it when people try to talk over people when they dont know what they are even talking about...... thats what gets me going :)

anyways he wins, I got tanks to grind, he can add to his post stats all he likes

Cheers

Edited by VMX, 21 March 2017 - 04:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users