1) I am from NA. Over there, I am DougInDeep, though I rarely visit it anymore.
Would you be willing to share with us your NA name?
2) You certainly have gotten a mixed response from folks.
3) Overall, I find the EU community to be 50% more polite, though it can still get pretty toxic in the Forums.
4) Languages do create some difficulties, but if you find and English speaking clan, things get easier.
If someone writes in Polish, and if I'm feeling sarcastic, I will respond with something like
" I don't like pickles either "
5) I really enjoy being in a multicultural clan. I get to experience alternative points of view.
This game has a large toxic community. Not everyone ofcourse, I wouldnt even say a majority... But a large one...
Try suggesting something on the gameplay forum and you'll know what I mean.