Jump to content


WG money making proposal - the official reroll


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Wintermute_1 #1 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37678 battles
  • 874
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

There must be a whole load of players like me who played the game for years blissfully unaware of their stats, until one day after being called a bloody noob potato/lemon/tomato for the millionth time decided to take notice.

 

'But oh dear what's this I've played thousands of games, totally screwed up my stats for all time and can't reroll because I've invested too much time into this account.'

 

The solution: A one time chance to reset each account. The user would have to select a new user name or modify their current one so that the pre rerolled stats could be archived off and the overall record of play preserved, but the new user name would effectively be a new account with a load of tanks and equipment already in it.

 

Charge people €20 to do it.

 

You'd make thousands!

 

*Cue forum fury*



1ncompetenc3 #2 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35038 battles
  • 11,493
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

€20? You really think an account reset with preservation (I really can't think of the right word here so bite me) of vehicles, crews, equipment etc would come that cheap if WG ever made it a thing?

 



Wintermute_1 #3 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37678 battles
  • 874
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
Why do you think it should cost more?

1ncompetenc3 #4 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35038 battles
  • 11,493
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostWintermute_1, on 21 March 2017 - 02:04 AM, said:

Why do you think it should cost more?

 

Because I suspect there's a lot of people interested in this, we know WG loves money, and a normal account reset wipes basically all progress you've made. With an account like yours or mine where any change in stats is slow as balls due to the battle count (and therefore an account reset that keeps all tanks/crews/etc would be more appealing than to someone with say 8k battles), that is an incredible amount of time spent on just grinding, and I fully expect WG to estimate that much time to be worth a fair bit more than the cost of a mere two months worth of premium time.

Edited by 1ncompetenc3, 21 March 2017 - 02:24 AM.


Homer_J #5 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:49 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25598 battles
  • 24,873
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 21 March 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

€20? You really think an account reset with preservation (I really can't think of the right word here so bite me) of vehicles, crews, equipment etc would come that cheap if WG ever made it a thing?

 

1) It's only some numbers.

 

2) WG don't care about stats.

 

C) It would play havoc with XVM.  And WG hate XVM.


Edited by Homer_J, 21 March 2017 - 02:49 AM.


Wintermute_1 #6 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37678 battles
  • 874
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 21 March 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

 

Because I suspect there's a lot of people interested in this, we know WG loves money, and a normal account reset wipes basically all progress you've made. With an account like yours or mine where any change in stats is slow as balls due to the battle count (and therefore an account reset that keeps all tanks/crews/etc would be more appealing than to someone with say 8k battles), that is an incredible amount of time spent on just grinding, and I fully expect WG to estimate that much time to be worth a fair bit more than the cost of a mere two months worth of premium time.

You could be right. I might stretch to €35, i think much beyond that id begin feeling exploited for a service that would be entirely automated and have no cost to WG other than the development of the software. If you want to maximise profit, you have to balance price against demand, set the price too high and you'll start to lose money.

 



1ncompetenc3 #7 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35038 battles
  • 11,493
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 21 March 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

 

1) It's only some numbers.

 

2) WG don't care about stats.

 

C) It would play havoc with XVM.  And WG hate XVM.

 

1) Indeed, but some people care about those numbers a great deal as evidenced by the fact rerolls are a thing. As OP demonstrates, there are people who care enough for a chance to improve those numbers without losing the progress they made through countless hours of grinding.

2) Players do, and WG does care about money.

3) I'm not seeing the problem for WG to be honest.



Wintermute_1 #8 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37678 battles
  • 874
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 21 March 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

 

1) It's only some numbers.

 

2) WG don't care about stats.

 

C) It would play havoc with XVM.  And WG hate XVM.

 

i liked this post simply because the bullets were numbered 1,2,C.

It really shouldn't effect XVM, they would more or less be new accounts, you'd see alot more higher wn8 players about though.



Homer_J #9 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25598 battles
  • 24,873
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

I had high hopes for the global rebalance making historical stats irrelevant, and possibly coming with a reset for that reason.  But it seems more like it will be a global not really change anything much.

 

Mind you I still chuckle when I see T-10 stats on my account having never had a single battle in the T-10, or IS-8 as it was known.  WG attaching the tier 9 IS-4 stats to an inferior tank makes me look a real pro in it.



1ncompetenc3 #10 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35038 battles
  • 11,493
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostWintermute_1, on 21 March 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

You could be right. I might stretch to €35, i think much beyond that id begin feeling exploited for a service that would be entirely automated and have no cost to WG other than the development of the software. If you want to maximise profit, you have to balance price against demand, set the price too high and you'll start to lose money.

 

 

Indeed, but look at the cost of just one tier VIII premium tank, or some of the "rare tank bundles OMG" they put out around holidays. WG is fully aware they can charge people ridiculous amounts of money for virtual goods at this point, and it would be easy for them to spin say €50 as an incredibly reasonable price to pay to have a chance at glorious purple stats while retaining (yes, I finally thought of the proper word!) the result of thousands of hours of grinding tanks and crews.

Edited by 1ncompetenc3, 21 March 2017 - 03:06 AM.


Phobos4321 #11 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:25 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 41171 battles
  • 6,932
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

somehow it feels like it should be really expensive if you take into account effect

 

so 100-200€ should be more realistic

 

but than again im completly against it since it would make rerolls far to attractive  and it would destroy battlecount ->  personal exp relation and on top it would **** up the whole noob protection when every player could reset their battle count and start anew (including seal clubbing in the protection and that would be even worse than now since crds, modules and crews wouldnt be a problem for any reroll)



Homer_J #12 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:37 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25598 battles
  • 24,873
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostPhobos4321, on 21 March 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

 every player could reset their battle count and start anew (including seal clubbing in the protection and that would be even worse than now since crds, modules and crews wouldnt be a problem for any reroll)

 

Clearly there would have to be some protection against that, although AFAIK if you have a tier 4 tank in your garage you don't get into the newbie pool any more so that would probably be protection enough.



Geno1isme #13 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37297 battles
  • 5,023
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

How much do people invest into their dedicated statpadding accounts? Probably 100 Euro and more (at least one t8 premium, premium account and quite a bit of gold to convert free XP). So that would be the target price for such a feature as statpadders would no longer need to invest in secondary accounts.

 

Mind I'm not saying that everyone asking such a feature is a statpadder (though that's arguable), but WG what matters is the net balance of adding it, so they can't risk it to make it affordable for everyone.



Aikl #14 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22748 battles
  • 2,711
  • [REKRZ] REKRZ
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostWintermute_1, on 21 March 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

There must be a whole load of players like me who played the game for years blissfully unaware of their stats, until one day after being called a bloody noob potato/lemon/tomato for the millionth time decided to take notice.

(...)

 

Except you're actually above average, been so for a long time, and your stats are likely a bit lower than they "should be" because you play about 25% artillery. As it stands, you can soon claim to be XVM-focused (it's trendy).



Jigabachi #15 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17343 battles
  • 15,834
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 21 March 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

2) WG don't care about stats.

They do like stats with a $ attached to it. A lot.

 

They would indeed make a fortune. But... no, thanks.

 



SuperOlsson #16 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18678 battles
  • 662
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    08-07-2012

View PostPhobos4321, on 21 March 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

somehow it feels like it should be really expensive if you take into account effect

 

so 100-200€ should be more realistic

 

but than again im completly against it since it would make rerolls far to attractive  and it would destroy battlecount ->  personal exp relation and on top it would **** up the whole noob protection when every player could reset their battle count and start anew (including seal clubbing in the protection and that would be even worse than now since crds, modules and crews wouldnt be a problem for any reroll)

 

Seal clubbing protection only last 20 games anyway, and iirc it's only valid for tier 1-2. Plus, it would be rather simple to exclude those rerolls from the noob protection.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users