Jump to content


Ok, what mistakes did I do in my AT-7 on Erlenberg?

AT-7 AT-7 replay Replay

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

BP_OMowe #1 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17754 battles
  • 1,450
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    01-08-2013

http://wotreplays.eu...g-bp_omowe-at_7

 

I've identified two this far:
* Not loading HE on the last Emil II

* Not following the T-95 to the enemy cap. He was low on health, so could use someone making sure he wasn't flanked, but I thought I might be needed to defend our own cap and turned back to make sure I got there in time.



1ncompetenc3 #2 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:15 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33719 battles
  • 10,549
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

Not sure 83mm HE would've even done much against the Emil's turret to be honest. You could've been more aggressive in aiming to detrack enemies, though with a jittery server reticle it's possible you were trying to do just that. You also missed the opportunity to start shooting the T-54s earlier when you were in F4, it looks like it took you a while to realise you had shots on them.

 

Apart from that there's not much I would've done different. Well, apart from the whole "playing a turretless TD" thing.



Homer_J #3 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24477 battles
  • 22,217
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 21 March 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

 83mm HE

 

Grrrr......

 

I'm still sore about that one.

 

Why, why did you have to mention that 83mm HE. 

 

For those who don't know, some years ago they announced a price increase in the British 83mm HE, as it was going to more than double in price some of us spotted that we could make a profit by buying them before the change and selling after.  WG rumbled this but not until RU players had got away with it since they got the patch some days before us.  When we got the patch the price only doubled.

 

I sat on that stockpile of 83mm HE for the best part of a year hoping they would eventually raise the price to what they had originally intended.  I stood to make millions.



1ncompetenc3 #4 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:01 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33719 battles
  • 10,549
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 21 March 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

 

Grrrr......

 

I'm still sore about that one.

 

Why, why did you have to mention that 83mm HE. 

 

For those who don't know, some years ago they announced a price increase in the British 83mm HE, as it was going to more than double in price some of us spotted that we could make a profit by buying them before the change and selling after.  WG rumbled this but not until RU players had got away with it since they got the patch some days before us.  When we got the patch the price only doubled.

 

I sat on that stockpile of 83mm HE for the best part of a year hoping they would eventually raise the price to what they had originally intended.  I stood to make millions.

 

Oh man, I never knew about that. :D Classic WG, can't let people make a profit in virtual currency (unless they are children of the Motherland of course).

Homer_J #5 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24477 battles
  • 22,217
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
I did make a few grand on Luchs turrets in the same patch though. :coin:

1ncompetenc3 #6 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33719 battles
  • 10,549
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013
WG should really take that further to expand into bold new territory. I can see it now: Wargaming presents: World of Tanks: Combat Speculation Tycoon. Cue dramatic music and fireworks as we see lightning cuts of tanks exploding, numbers increasing, people twizzling their moustache whilst gold rains down upon them... or maybe that's a Dingers recruitment video I'm thinking of. Hmm.

Edited by 1ncompetenc3, 21 March 2017 - 03:23 AM.


Homer_J #7 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:39 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24477 battles
  • 22,217
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
It's a long time since they had a fiddle with the game economy.  I'll have to watch these light tank changes though, there's potential there.

Search_Warrant #8 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 21423 battles
  • 3,017
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
I see your problem. you was playing british TD's, they suck.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 21 March 2017 - 10:48 AM.


MR_FIAT #9 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14387 battles
  • 1,157
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
I think the mistake you made was playing the AT 7 in the first place, jokes aside i cant view the replay atm might updatr if i dont forget about it.

jabster #10 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 11719 battles
  • 16,056
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostHomer_J, on 21 March 2017 - 01:57 AM, said:

 

Grrrr......

 

I'm still sore about that one.

 

Why, why did you have to mention that 83mm HE. 

 

For those who don't know, some years ago they announced a price increase in the British 83mm HE, as it was going to more than double in price some of us spotted that we could make a profit by buying them before the change and selling after.  WG rumbled this but not until RU players had got away with it since they got the patch some days before us.  When we got the patch the price only doubled.

 

I sat on that stockpile of 83mm HE for the best part of a year hoping they would eventually raise the price to what they had originally intended.  I stood to make millions.

 

I do remember that or throwing Ectar to the wolves as it was also called.

jabster #11 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 11719 battles
  • 16,056
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostHomer_J, on 21 March 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

It's a long time since they had a fiddle with the game economy.  I'll have to watch these light tank changes though, there's potential there.

 

I can't remember which one of the French lights it was but they were selling it at a large discount just before it was up tiered so you could buy and then sell it at a profit.

BP_OMowe #12 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:04 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17754 battles
  • 1,450
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    01-08-2013

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 21 March 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

Not sure 83mm HE would've even done much against the Emil's turret to be honest. You could've been more aggressive in aiming to detrack enemies, though with a jittery server reticle it's possible you were trying to do just that. You also missed the opportunity to start shooting the T-54s earlier when you were in F4, it looks like it took you a while to realise you had shots on them.

 

Apart from that there's not much I would've done different. Well, apart from the whole "playing a turretless TD" thing.

 

The Emil was so low HP, some splash-damage from the turret down the hull might have finished him off.

 

The detracking is a good point, although my aim is generally too bad to do that reliably.

The T-54s....  have to admit I lost over-view of what was going on, so something to work on.

 

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 21 March 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

I see your problem. you was playing british TD's, they suck.

View PostMR_FIAT, on 21 March 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

I think the mistake you made was playing the AT 7 in the first place, jokes aside i cant view the replay atm might updatr if i dont forget about it.

 

Funny, really funny :-p

Hope you'll remember!







Also tagged with AT-7, AT-7 replay, Replay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users