Jump to content


War Child Campaign Results


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,704
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Here’s how much you all raised to help those affected by armed conflict.

The full text of the news item

2Robster5 #2 Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5497 battles
  • 38
  • [-NAB-] -NAB-
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
£84,000! I would call that a success!

TheKroo #3 Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View Post2Robster5, on 24 March 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

£84,000! I would call that a success!

 

Not too shabby indeed!

leggasiini #4 Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 13415 battles
  • 6,157
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

Inb4 all that money is actually credited to SerB instead :trollface:

 

Ha ha

 

ha ha

 

ha...

 

haaa...

 

Okay jk



LaManche #5 Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19161 battles
  • 477
  • Member since:
    03-31-2014
Glad to have been a part of that!

TULAKfU #6 Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20256 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013
As a fifteen year old, I Hope to meet the opportunity to donate in the future. Besides that, I perceive the same - huge wave of applause from the Czech republic to every one of You; project contributors!

Edited by AncientDragonSlayer, 24 March 2017 - 07:31 PM.


SousaBot86 #7 Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28223 battles
  • 191
  • [S_P_T] S_P_T
  • Member since:
    09-06-2013
QB can do better then wargaming 

CaptainThunderWalker #8 Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18937 battles
  • 1,297
  • Member since:
    09-25-2015

View PostSousaPT86, on 24 March 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

QB can do better then wargaming 

 

Sad but true.

 

However, I can't donate to QB's charity stream because of technical reasons, but I could partake in this one.:)



rsanders5 #9 Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25892 battles
  • 493
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013
 A nice sum for a worthy cause :)

803 #10 Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 6376 battles
  • 55
  • [D076] D076
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
I mean seriously, in WoT we blow off some fancy T-54s, T-64s etc, while some of kids this charity supports probably seen real versions of these tanks being wasted to pieces by some incoming BGM TOW( special thanks to CIA and Wahhabi states for prolonging conflicts) or something, mindblowing just how close game is to reality.

laceleste #11 Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 40964 battles
  • 514
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostCaptainThunderWalker, on 24 March 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

 

Sad but true.

 

However, I can't donate to QB's charity stream because of technical reasons, but I could partake in this one.:)

 

Why is this sad? The funds are all for the good cause, no matter where they come from. All contributions add up and should be welcomed. Nice to see you're in.

 

View Post803, on 24 March 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

I mean seriously, in WoT we blow off some fancy T-54s, T-64s etc, while some of kids this charity supports probably seen real versions of these tanks being wasted to pieces by some incoming BGM TOW( special thanks to CIA and Wahhabi states for prolonging conflicts) or something, mindblowing just how close game is to reality.

 

Sadly the great benefits of striving for peace are lost on the western elites. They have brought endless wars to this planet and are gearing up for yet another one it seems. Countering the good this charity does.

Even so I'd like to make a very small contribution for good, but can't find the badge in the premium store. Can somebody please point it out.



Durer_USSR #12 Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8221 battles
  • 25
  • [RUS-M] RUS-M
  • Member since:
    01-09-2014

Great move \ War Child org :honoring:

Respect from middle Volga :bajan:



Mr_Deo #13 Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41258 battles
  • 1,690
  • [ESAF] ESAF
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

View Postlaceleste, on 24 March 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

 

Why is this sad? The funds are all for the good cause, no matter where they come from. All contributions add up and should be welcomed. Nice to see you're in.

 

 

Sadly the great benefits of striving for peace are lost on the western elites. They have brought endless wars to this planet and are gearing up for yet another one it seems. Countering the good this charity does.

Even so I'd like to make a very small contribution for good, but can't find the badge in the premium store. Can somebody please point it out.

 

It is not currently on sale.

You may see it again during the year, or perhaps you will see it on sale again right before the end of the 2017-2018 tax year.

As players make a "purchase" and WG makes the "donation" then Wargaming will be able to claim tax back on what was paid.

A few years ago I seem to remember that they "topped up" the donation, going by the amount they are showing today I would say it's possible they didn't do that this time.


Edited by Mr_Deo, 25 March 2017 - 09:52 AM.


Cobra6 #14 Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,686
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

84K, very nice effort I'd say!

 

Cobra 6



_Hakkapeliitta_ #15 Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44212 battles
  • 312
  • [KOFF] KOFF
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012
in year 1939 war childs where childs, year 2017childs are still chil... WTF???   Posted Image

Kalashnikova_blyat #16 Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43521 battles
  • 265
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    08-14-2012
yes very nice

laceleste #17 Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 40964 battles
  • 514
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostMr_Deo, on 25 March 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

 

It is not currently on sale.

You may see it again during the year, or perhaps you will see it on sale again right before the end of the 2017-2018 tax year.

As players make a "purchase" and WG makes the "donation" then Wargaming will be able to claim tax back on what was paid.

A few years ago I seem to remember that they "topped up" the donation, going by the amount they are showing today I would say it's possible they didn't do that this time.

 

Yeah, I understand WG might not do this out of sheer altruistic motives, still the money goes to a good cause. I contributed last time around, just thought I heard the Challenger say on the video, you could purchase a badge, thought this was applicable now.

TheKroo #18 Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View Postlaceleste, on 24 March 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostCaptainThunderWalker, on 24 March 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

 

Sad but true.

 

However, I can't donate to QB's charity stream because of technical reasons, but I could partake in this one.:)

 

Why is this sad? The funds are all for the good cause, no matter where they come from. All contributions add up and should be welcomed. Nice to see you're in.

 

View Post803, on 24 March 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

I mean seriously, in WoT we blow off some fancy T-54s, T-64s etc, while some of kids this charity supports probably seen real versions of these tanks being wasted to pieces by some incoming BGM TOW( special thanks to CIA and Wahhabi states for prolonging conflicts) or something, mindblowing just how close game is to reality.

 

Sadly the great benefits of striving for peace are lost on the western elites. They have brought endless wars to this planet and are gearing up for yet another one it seems. Countering the good this charity does.

Even so I'd like to make a very small contribution for good, but can't find the badge in the premium store. Can somebody please point it out.

 

The emblem was up for sale only for a limited period of time. Therefore it is no longer available for purchase. Nevertheless, if you would still like to make a small contribution, you can always donate to War Child directly. https://www.warchild.org.uk/donate

 

View PostMr_Deo, on 25 March 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

View Postlaceleste, on 24 March 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

 

Why is this sad? The funds are all for the good cause, no matter where they come from. All contributions add up and should be welcomed. Nice to see you're in.

 

 

Sadly the great benefits of striving for peace are lost on the western elites. They have brought endless wars to this planet and are gearing up for yet another one it seems. Countering the good this charity does.

Even so I'd like to make a very small contribution for good, but can't find the badge in the premium store. Can somebody please point it out.

 

It is not currently on sale.

You may see it again during the year, or perhaps you will see it on sale again right before the end of the 2017-2018 tax year.

As players make a "purchase" and WG makes the "donation" then Wargaming will be able to claim tax back on what was paid.

A few years ago I seem to remember that they "topped up" the donation, going by the amount they are showing today I would say it's possible they didn't do that this time.

 

There's indeed a chance that we may sell the emblem during another charity drive, if a good opportunity to raise awareness and provide aid to those who most need it shows up.

We have been working with War Child for over 4 years now, and we are proud to continue to help those affected by armed conflict as part of our social responsibility, rather than a need to fiddle with taxes :)

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users