Italeri: New Offers Available!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
If you're into building model tanks, then we have good news for you - the World of Tanks line has been supplemented with new kits - check them out!

The full text of the news item

ionicafardefric #2 Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 51881 battles
So let me see if I got this right - by purchasing one of these I get a whooping 1 day bonus premium account? Oh wait, there's also a fire extinguisher? You don't think that's somewhat insulting? I mean, ANYTHING would be better

jt123ben #3 Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4578 battles
could we perhaps get some tanks that are in WoT and have never been modelled before, like the T15, VK.28.01, or Excelsior for example?

Alabamatick #4 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles
Still no 1:32 scale, oh well nvm :(

DrGorgomelX #5 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5762 battles

I want the Scorpion G or the T67! (keep dreaming ;))

There are already great quality model kits out there from renowned brands for these somewhat popular vehicles. I hope WoT/Wargaming can influence Italery to make these. Preferably in 1:35.

I already have the original 4 1:56 kit (Sherman, Tiger 1, Panther, Cromwell) and they are quite nice. Very basic though, so young or beginner modellers should have easy time with them and they can be put together in a few hours.

Also good for someone who wants to practice or just simply likes painting models.

Raemus #6 Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4215 battles

1:56

Are you serious? I guess from who else than Italeri to expect such a ridiculous scale. It's not like EVERYONE is using standard scales, but whatever, let's pick a custom one.

By the way, you know who else kept using this custom scale shenanigans? Matchbox. Do you see any Matchbox kit models around? Of couse, except those Revell reboxes with terrible rubber tracks (it's so hard to put some proper tracks, right?).

Also, those tanks kits are produced by a lot of companies. Any chance of some kits for the experimental ones? (Pz.Sfl. IVc would be awesome)

SlyMeerkat #7 Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15546 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Really would like to get in to this sort of stuff but not at those prices :o

Hendrik10 #8 Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34996 battles
  • [ROFF] ROFF

View PostRaemus, on 25 March 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

Are you serious? I guess from who else than Italeri to expect such a ridiculous scale. It's not like EVERYONE is using standard scales, but whatever, let's pick a custom one.

By the way, you know who else kept using this custom scale shenanigans? Matchbox. Do you see any Matchbox kit models around? Of couse, except those Revell reboxes with terrible rubber tracks (it's so hard to put some proper tracks, right?).

Also, those tanks kits are produced by a lot of companies. Any chance of some kits for the experimental ones? (Pz.Sfl. IVc would be awesome)

1:56 is the scale used by Warlord games for there WW 2 tabeltop game named Bolt Action. And Warlord Games and Italeri work also together. I think Italeri wants to try and sell these models to people who play WoT and Bolt Action.

It is also the scale used by almost every other company that makes Tabeltop Wargames or miniatures for Table Top Wargames. So it is a normale scale, only not for normale Scale Models.

(This is also the reason the models are simple: they have to withstand live on the gaming table)

Edited by Hendrik10, 26 March 2017 - 11:37 AM.

EimiuX #9 Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13043 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjt123ben, on 25 March 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

could we perhaps get some tanks that are in WoT and have never been modelled before, like the T15, VK.28.01, or Excelsior for example?

Oh yes pls, swedish tanks as well, as some are quite good looking, and yet, the market has only 103's and some modern armor in 1:35 scale.

lolek4311 #10 Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16543 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

If anybody has any experience with building models can you tell me the difference in quality between Italeri and Revell for example as I have built Leopard 1 from Revell and it was 25€ i think but this Hetzer for example is 30€ ant it feels a lot. Also I'm assuming colors are not included in Italeri kits either.

View PostRaemus, on 25 March 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

And a question for you with proper tracks what did you mean? Do you get metal tracks anywhere? Also it seems you know this modeling area quite well where do you reccomend me to buy tank models?

Edit: Also like Panther, Ferdinand and Tiger from Italeri are like 40€ each + the colors and there are only 50 pieces at most so pay 40€ to build it in 3-5 days. And considering I want to build one every 2-3 weeks this is just too expensive for me.

Edited by lolek4311, 26 March 2017 - 10:44 PM.

guest273 #11 Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

One Premium T2 Medium Light you say?

jabster #12 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAlabamatick, on 25 March 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Still no 1:32 scale, oh well nvm :(

Not going to happen as the split for 1:32 for aircraft and 1:35 for AFV's happened a long time ago.

jabster #13 Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postlolek4311, on 26 March 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

If anybody has any experience with building models can you tell me the difference in quality between Italeri and Revell for example as I have built Leopard 1 from Revell and it was 25€ i think but this Hetzer for example is 30€ ant it feels a lot. Also I'm assuming colors are not included in Italeri kits either.

And a question for you with proper tracks what did you mean? Do you get metal tracks anywhere? Also it seems you know this modeling area quite well where do you reccomend me to buy tank models?

Edit: Also like Panther, Ferdinand and Tiger from Italeri are like 40€ each + the colors and there are only 50 pieces at most so pay 40€ to build it in 3-5 days. And considering I want to build one every 2-3 weeks this is just too expensive for me.

Italeri and Revell and much the same really. Not well know for their AFV kits and much of what the offer is rather old. The Hetzer is from the 60's I believe. I've not read reviews of the two 1:35 kits but it seems difficult to say they are a good option considering you can get newer tooled versions from Academy and Tamiya.

For buying kits, Tamiya is always a good bet, for an easy build, and their older kits are good value for money. Even some of their newer ones can be picked up at good prices. Trumpeter is also a good option but it's worth looking at reviews beforehand. If you're prepared to spend a bit more money then Meng do some wonderful kits. For the less experienced I'd avoid Bronco and AFV Club as they're just a bit daunting. Lastly there's Dragon, can't stand them myself. Badly engineered expensive kits from a company that's living on its reputation.

Last but not least, tracks. Yes you can buy optional metal ones but be they're not cheap or easy to put together. In terms of kits you get full length 'vinyl' ones (the modern ones are much easier to work with); link-and-length, which are the standard plastic with length parts but also individual links for the idler/sprocket wheels and often the upper length to provide track sag. Finally you get individual links that may have to glued together, clipped together or have plastic track pins.

If you've got any questions feel free to PM me.

Edited by jabster, 27 March 2017 - 01:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users